Does S'pore Drummers Here In "Soft" Have Meet-Ups

Bro rla

Meeting Place 7.45pm at Bona Vista MRT....(I will try my very very best to come Bro).

I think we should put our Nick, name & contact number here - so we can take down these HP numbers for tonight - when we are there- at least we can contact each other - those last minute cannot come (die to Urgent Matters etc) should call up rla or drum hobbist or myself - at least make things easier for those going no need to wait & wait there after 8pm (if someone is late or not comming - wondering if they will still turn up)....

RD - Eric - 97989977

Tonight @ 745 @ B. VISTA MRT Stn Ctrl

Rudimental Drummer - Eric - 97989977
RLA - Rob - 90235245
Drum_hobbyist - ? - ?
Ruben - ? - ?
Melvin - ? - ?

RLA

Melvin....I do not have your HP number only :lol:

PS: Can someone going please bring along a Camera har?...so can take picture of the place & also our handsome face also then post here..Kekekekeke :smt040 ... Drummer all bery Handsome one what ...(Wah...there tell you all already...I am bery Thick-Skin one.). Serious lah...some girls saw me hor .... I see their mouth got a lot of water come out dripping...wonder if it's puking or saliver ley Whahahahaha :lol:

melvin.. it was wicked.. the place is big and ppl are frenly.. as for equipments ....

OLD SCHOOL .... i think the drumset older den me... hahaha

anyway... its good enuff...

RLA will be posting photos and the agenda soon... check it out den...

Hey guys, after meeting up with Drum hobbyist, RD and Ruben last night, here is the proposed agenda for the drumming get-togther.

Roles defined so far:

RD - Chairman (Will oversee the event)

Drum Hobbysit - Vice Chairman (Will help RD oversee the event)

RLA - Facilitator (Will moderate the event)

Rueben - Registration (Will collate participants information and confirm attendees)

Venue: Ulu Pandan CC, Wind Symphony Room
Date: 10th or 17th March
Time: 1pm to 4pm

1pm to 115pm - Chairman address (Opening) - RD

115pm to 145pm - 1min self introduction of all attendees (Name, Age, Years Playing Drums and Favourite Drummer & Why) - RLA

145pm to 230 pm - Cymbals (Explain the the different types of cymbal sounds, Cleaning and Caring for your cymbals) - Drum Hobbyist

230pm to 300pm - Topic to be discussed (1)

300pm to 330pm - Topic to be discussed (2)

330pm to 355pm - Free and Easy (F&E) (Open discussion with anyone by anyone)

355pm to 400pm - Chairman address (Closing) - RD

What we need from you guys now is the following;

1) Lets have ideas for Topic to be discussed (1) and Topic to be discussed
(2). Lets throw out ideas to be discussed and decide on 2 topics only due to the lack of time.

2) Confirm you attendence with Rueben asap. 10th or 17th March?

3) Bring your own sticks and your practice pad.

4) Do not bring any drums or cymbals. There is already a mid-range TAMA drumset there. If you do, you can only use them or show them during the F&E time.

5) Lets remeber that this is not a drum clinic, rather a meet-up session and get to know your fellow soft drummers, aka put a face to the Soft nick you are chatting with in the forum.

6) Dun be shy.

Please comment on the above fellas.

RLA

The room

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The Drumset

5.jpg

US
6.jpg

[/img]

haaha told you guys the place is huge!...

and i see some familiar faces of my friends in rehearsal...hoho...

Date : [b]Only Thing Still in discussion - - VOTE NOW ! - 10th or 17th March 2007 (see below Link)[/b]
http://www.soft.com.sg/web/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=26493

Time: 1.00pm to 4.00pm

Venue: Ulu Pandan CC, Wind Symphony Room

Organising Committee: SOFT, RD, DrumHobbist, RLA + Rueben (for this round)

Drummers Attending Meet-Up: (updated as at 3.2.2007)

1] RLA
2] Rudimental Drummer
3] Drum_hobbyist
4] biopromax
5] reuben
6] Hong Liang
7] Drum Bum
8] Melvin
9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer
13] Doublestrokesg
14] Shred 5
15] Marcdadrummer
16] rengaw
17] Myner
18] Hi
19] shred5

Just to share...

(1) The place was (not too far walking distance from the Bona Vista MRT Station.)..I would say it's about a 5 to 7 minutes walk only.

(2) The people (who rent us the place - especially Bernard himself) are exceptionally nice - just like ambience of the place & the entire building. Bernard will be there on the day to open-up the place & close-it up for us.

(3) The nicest feeling I had was really - nothing more than being able to meet-up in person with fellow Bros here eg rla, drumhobbiest & rla....we had a great chat....it was simply great talking to fellow drummers here in Soft - while sipping away my Kopi-O (oh.hhh I had 2 cups that night) :lol:

(4) With the nice cosy ambience room, convenience of location & appropriate environment (we can put the drum kit in the centre - surround it with chairs for this get-together), and the very reasonable charges for our rental for the place (even accessible to us in the future should we want to organise such events on a Monthly, Bi-Monthly or Quarterly Basis - after this 1st-meetup among ourself), and an Auditorium there (should we want to organise some form of Clinic in the future) - This is a place we must try it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Core Purpose Of This Meet-up/Getogether

(1) Sharing Our Drumming Passion Together Here In Singapore

No Drum-Battling, just Sharing Drumming Experience within the Drumming Community here in Singapore. Getting ourself more involve, motivated and inspire each other regardless of whether we are entirely New To Drumming With No Drumming Experience, Beginner, Intermediate or Advance Drummer to Professional Drummers

I guess we are lucky too here in Singapore (as it is small), meet-up of any sort does not pose major problem unlike in the US where it's so huge (many probably have to fly there to meet-up if there is such a thing)..cause it's convenience here and we should reap the advantage to get to know our fellow drummers better.......As I have always feel (and it's true)....that we all need to get to know each other better in person to feel the personal touch & enhance our drumming community relationship/spirit rather than (just communicating within a forum for years and never really know each other as this can never never build a close personal relationship within each other.)

Bassists, Lead-Guitarist, Keyboardists never had such closely-knitted kind of relationship as we Drummers does in the many parts of the world...and in Singapore - we can easily make this happen better...can we ? (why not), should we? (yes of course). At the end of the day - We are not just a Cyber-Family Of Drummers, We are here for real and as a matter of fact - A Body Of Family Of Drummers Here In Singapore. It will be nice.

I hope, all of you can try to come.....I am really looking forward towards this comming event (and futuire ones too)....but our organising commitee is really very new to this and will try our very best - hoping that each and everyone attending will gain a wonderful experience through sharing besides building better friendship/relationship through this comming event....Nevertheless...we will try our best and we know and believe that with more of such events in the future - it can only get better for everyone of us...

We really appreciate if you could all join in....Thank You all and cheers my fellow Bros.

Eric

Back