Does S'pore Drummers Here In "Soft" Have Meet-Ups

Hey guys, ive been there and although its huge, it will accomodate 20 ppl comfortably at the most.

The DrumSet is cool and cymbals are not a problem.

If you guys are cool with it, i can book the place soon cos i use L-Cube quite often.

How?

RLA

For me...having a place is better than NO PLACE...I've no problem with L Cube....nice place....

Only thing - Someone have to negotiate the price with them...it's not cheap S$22.00 per hour - I think the S$17.00 per hour Promotional Period is over now liao.......

afterall its gonna be a weekend, so the rate is Peak Rate.

But having around 20 people going, the rate not gonna be cheap. its like having a gig. Someone call up Lcube and enquire bout this. :)

I know, someone record and upload on youtube. Ha, easy.

Yo DT, you got your wuhan china already? Paiseh, didn't manage to reply your msg. I don't have lobang for it anyway :lol:

Okay set.

venue CONFIRMED and BOOKED. = L CUBE @ 16A DUXTON. STAGE ROOM

It costs: $35/hr (They charged the gig rate cos there are more than 12ppl).

3HRS = $105

$105 / 20 = $5.25 / Person (assuming we have 20 lummers)

GAME ON.

RLA

weckl:

ya, i got marcdadrummer to get mi 18" china....
its ok if you dont haf lobang.... hahahah
as long as you got other lobang to play wif..
*wink wink wink*
hahahahahaha

rla:

bro, onz lah....
LCUBE here we come

Bro rla...how come so expensive S$35 an hour. The normal rate is S$22.00 aand some bands who are regular there is getting it at S$17 only even till todate. Is it because we have so many Drummers there?.

Could you please negoitiate with them on these. Tell L Cube that (we are all drummers of SOFT Music - a non-orofit organisation only)...as an excuse...afterall it is true anyway.

Please try your best for the benefit of all here. Ask for S$17.00 an hour as I believe people here will love this place alot...so in a sense we can or might have more of such kind of gathering from then on.

Please Help !

Thank You !

Yup RD, i will negotiate with them further. No worries there.

Now we have to firm up the agenda.

RLA.

Bro rla

For the Agenda (so-call Topics To Be Discuss Theory & Practical Sharing) in this meet-up....is I supposed based on the "The Majority Of Individual Attending The Meet-Up" to specify for themselve HERE in this thread (or somewhere else - eg a Polling) to rank them in order of preference - what they would prefer as main Topic for this discussion in this meet-up.

As stated previously in this Thread eg. In Order of Priority To Themselves. eg Double-Bass Drums Techniques, anything

(1) Accenting etc.
(2) Douibles (a Rudiment) or whatever
(3) Rythmn Pattern eg Samba or whatever

I guess - 3 would be sufficient - The one with the most vote will naturally be at the top of the Agenda and so forth. Cymbal Talks by Drum Hobbiset (is firm).....the rest of the remaining time (a luxury if we have) will be free-and-easy discussion on anything pertaining to drumming - how's that Bro.

PS: Rueben ....hello.ooooooooooo..well?????

IT'S CONFIRMED

Date: 17th Mar

Time: 1.00pm to 4.00pm

Venue: L CUBE @ 16A Duxton Rd

Drummers Attending Meet-Up: (updated as at Feb 9th 2007)

1] RLA
2] Rudimental Drummer
3] Drum_hobbyist
4] biopromax
5] reuben
6] Hong Liang
7] Drum Bum
8] Melvin
9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer
13] Doublestrokesg
14] Shred 5
15] Marcdadrummer
16] rengaw
17] Myner
18] Hi
19] shred5
20) Qwebie
21) Dull Theather
22) Mel80

Anymore ppl?

RLA

Pai-seh, pai-seh (didn't know myself and Bro rla - thinks alike both post same thing lah)....man mah...similar taste and good ones.

PS:- So you are all comming to L Cube don't last minute fly us aeroplane har....wait you chai-see then you know... Kekekekekekeke :smt040

Bro rla - have you got all the bros (those attending)...HP Number already?. Got to start collecting now liao.

How come no Cha-Bo :smt061 Drummer comming one har? I'll check with my friend (a girl drummer) if she wanna come...Bros tell you a secret har (bery bery pretty and sexy one - drumming 2 years liao in Yamaha, drumming sound as beautiful as her voice also lah...but she is not my daughter. :lol:

if it is 17th March, I might come because I will be in Singapore watching Rachael Yamagata at Esplanade that night...

so count me in! all the way from K-L MALAYSIA!

Bro kari_conventionnice ..it's nice to have you all the way from KL :smt041. You take aeroplane one hor? :lol: .... are you bringing in some Lulian for us :smt033. Hello "Not Might Come"..."Surely will come" har - already count you in.

Date: 17th Mar

Time: 1.00pm to 4.00pm

Venue: L CUBE @ 16A Duxton Rd

Drummers Attending Meet-Up: (updated as at Feb 9th 2007)

1] RLA
2] Rudimental Drummer
3] Drum_hobbyist
4] biopromax
5] reuben
6] Hong Liang
7] Drum Bum
8] Melvin
9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer
13] Doublestrokesg
14] Shred 5
15] Marcdadrummer
16] rengaw
17] Myner
18] Hi
19] shred5
20) Qwebie
21) Dull Theather
22) Mel80
23) Kari Convention (KL)

kari - KL is just fraking awesome lah. i love KL, the bangsa babes are hot and the food is hotter. land of shisha as well. i was at jalan bukit bintang there's this place called licka licka near planet hollywood very gd shisha, the service needs to be stepped up alittle though.
okie sori if this is off topic, but i love KL!

RD... must let nature takes its course for female drummers to turn up... don't want the place to be packed suddenly because of pretty girls are around... must be focus... now any drummers who are coming in the list after KC is suspect of the real intention of coming to the gathering... :eek:

Back