Custom made pickguard

Gr3y

Hi all!
I'm a newbie in this soft.com but hopefully nt any newbie out there. heehee.

Anyway i've made this mirror pickguard quite sometime ago.. Did though of making some money from that skill i acquired but before all that could happen maybe i should post my work and get you guys 2 review on it?
Thanks a millions for your replies! Feel free to pm me too :D

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/direngr3y/album?.dir=/a750

very impressive! great work on that vine cutout,the edges look a little rough though. i'm assuming you used some sort of acrylic material for the pickguard?
did you also do the monkey grip yourself? the finishing looks a little dull on the inside...but great job anyway..you should go into business, i personally know at least a few people who would want mirror pickguards..

For the benefit of the lazy.

Before the mod:
52dfre2.jpg

After the monkey grip and pickguard:
1736scd.jpg

d0bescd.jpg

d540scd.jpg

dude....

that is impressive!

seriously man, i belive there are ppl out there who will pay decent moolah for this.

not trying to steal ur trade secrets, but how do you cut it so nicely without the plastic cracking? (it is plastic right?)

Hey thanks blueark for posting those pic for me.. yeah i am the lazy guy.. haha..
thanks all that replied. Yeah hopefully i can get into some gd business for this :)

oh yup it is plastic.I broke quite alot of it when i was learning my way thru :lol: Not easy at all(at least to me),took me quite sometime to make it work...

MrE said:
not trying to steal ur trade secrets, but how do you cut it so nicely without the plastic cracking? (it is plastic right?)

patience...which i lack and Gr3y obviously has tonnes of....

hahah

at first i didnt notice that you did the monkey grip yourself! until i saw blueark's caption for the pics he helped u to post :lol:

you could do some really funky stuff with your skills man... not just custom pickguards, maybe even guitar luthiery

MrE said:
hahah

at first i didnt notice that you did the monkey grip yourself! until i saw blueark's caption for the pics he helped u to post :lol:

you could do some really funky stuff with your skills man... not just custom pickguards, maybe even guitar luthiery

Wahaha.. maybe someday! But so far this is what i can do.. still got some other nice things yet completed. :p hopefully can suprise u guys in time 2 come ba :)

oh yea.....forgot to comment......ita really awesome man! extremely impressive work! the only thing i can do is cut standard pickguards....the vine deaign is way outa my league! you seriously could start a business.

hey if anyone out there really interested in buying my kinda work den maybe you can start thinking of a customised design while i go n think of a customised price :D
but since it is custom handmade, i do take some time 2 complete ur thing and since i am still in NS.. thus my working hours are only weekends.. haha

alrite those interested do post ur rough ideas to me ba :)

hey Im interested in a mirror pickguard for my RG, but juz a plain one, will you do it, haha, nice work anyway, im really interested in getting 1

cool stuff.. if only i still had access to my sec sch workshop.. can use the machines there to cut.. handsaw.. haa forget it.. lazy.. n too long..

VERY INTERESTING.

Convertinng a Jem Jr to JEM status?

I see you've even marked out the routing for the lion's claw. Nice!

I think it's cool what yur doing..

a tip for people...use a clear pickguard and stick a mirror film/stickers/whatever underneath and you can get the same effect but without some of the problems of scratching da mirror top or damaging da graphics cause it's all under da plastic

that pretty damn amazing....i got an rg too and if u can gimme a price...i can let u know if i can it soon or wait for my next salary...haha :D

Latest posts

Back