Anugerah Band Competition

what does fatimah mokhsin has to do woth this- pre-show cosmetics?

They are the stylist for the competition. So they have to approve what u wearing on stage especially on tv shows.. And they will advise the contestants on what to wear..

best

Yeah man, bro Zam.. SCARY sia!!
Worst thing is that the eight bands dont even got a chance to perform before being booted out.. Decision is just based on the previous two performances during the audition rounds...

Sigh...Dont think chances are that bright for us to make it this time round.. Its really tough to predict...
I dont understansd why suria got to resort to such a way of competition?It would be a great blow for the 8 bands who will be booted out.
All the best guys!!

Don worry bro.. your band is strong.. i'm sure u'll get through.. my band is a 4 piece band.. less chance.. anyway it doesn't matter if we get through or not.. at least we try our best..

By the way u guys arrange to meet fatimah mokhsin already?

Thanks for the encouraging words bro, but this time I really no confidence liao...(Even though there are six people in my band) but I believe we have tried our best lah..

I feel that your band has better chance though... You guys are really tight for a 4 piece band lah.. As for the meet up with Fatimah Mohsin, I have not called to make arrangements yet as my guys busy with shift work and family commitments.. PLUS, at the same time I am rushing to finish their so called assignment which has to be submited by 23/04/2008.... You guys done with it yet??

Adat istiadat Band Competition. Base on my pass experience, it's the judges and especially the producers(Anugerah) chooses what they want. Even if you are super damn good you are not guaranteed that you will be qualified.
Pilih Kasih? Maybe Yes maybe Not.
That is why American Idol Franchise is introduce, Winner by SMS Voting but that can be lame too as chances are 1 fellow can send thousands of SMSes, like my Mak Chik neighbour did it for the Singapore Idol and it's still not fair.

So to the bands that does not make it please don't be Sad or feel down, carry on with your music and Rock On! Music is not about competition it's about Passion.

They are the stylist for the competition. So they have to approve what u wearing on stage especially on tv shows.. And they will advise the contestants on what to wear..

i see... band's aren't free to wear what they want. but it's ALL about being on TV, of course...

Thanks for the encouraging words bro, but this time I really no confidence liao...(Even though there are six people in my band) but I believe we have tried our best lah..

I feel that your band has better chance though... You guys are really tight for a 4 piece band lah.. As for the meet up with Fatimah Mohsin, I have not called to make arrangements yet as my guys busy with shift work and family commitments.. PLUS, at the same time I am rushing to finish their so called assignment which has to be submited by 23/04/2008.... You guys done with it yet??[/QUOTE

Don feel like that bro. One thing for sure is we are the top 20s.. The rest is just luck.. This is anybody's game.

About the stylist appointment, i try to arrange in this weekend. I just e mailed them the interview form.. Its tough to work out the timings for me too. I'm working office hour in the day and performing with my werking band and every night. My guitarist have a working band also. So its hard for us to meet up also.. Lucky thing that we are working at the same place but different club. Thats where we discuss..

Oh I see... I understand that all of us have the same problem then ..

Oh yes, I know Aliff is playing at Insomnia.. I shall say that he's damn good lah.

Anyway, I agree that now it boils down to luck lah bro.. Whatever happens, my guys and I will leave it to fate... See you on 6th May 2008.

Adat istiadat Band Competition. Base on my pass experience, it's the judges and especially the producers(Anugerah) chooses what they want. Even if you are super damn good you are not guaranteed that you will be qualified.
Pilih Kasih? Maybe Yes maybe Not.
That is why American Idol Franchise is introduce, Winner by SMS Voting but that can be lame too as chances are 1 fellow can send thousands of SMSes, like my Mak Chik neighbour did it for the Singapore Idol and it's still not fair.

So to the bands that does not make it please don't be Sad or feel down, carry on with your music and Rock On! Music is not about competition it's about Passion.

were told tat results will not be totally based on voters.

50% voters
50% judges

so still got hope la...

50% voters
50% judges

so still got hope la...

Huh?? Still got voting to choose TOP 12 meh?? I tot they told us that "THEY" (JUDGES & PRODUCERS) will choose the top 12 and voting only applies for those who makes it through to the TV comp..Unless you know something that I dont... Hehehe..

Pls share, my dear bro from ROYALE.

I dont understansd why suria got to resort to such a way of competition?It would be a great blow for the 8 bands who will be booted out.
All the best guys!!

True. But end of the day this is a competition. The results may not make everybody happy. Just have to accept and try again next time..

Huh?? Still got voting to choose TOP 12 meh?? I tot they told us that "THEY" (JUDGES & PRODUCERS) will choose the top 12 and voting only applies for those who makes it through to the TV comp..Unless you know something that I dont... Hehehe..

Pls share, my dear bro from ROYALE.

The 50-50 voting will only start on the top 12. Not on the 6th of may where the top 20 is revealed.. 6th of may the judges and the producer will choose the 12 bands to move the next round. That is what i was informed.

The 50-50 voting will only start on the top 12. Not on the 6th of may where the top 20 is revealed.. 6th of may the judges and the producer will choose the 12 bands to move the next round. That is what i was informed.

My sentiments exactly!!

50% voters
50% judges

so still got hope la...

Hope? Hope is now depending on your band luck only. Unless you know the inside job well.

50% voters & 50% judges does not apply till the top 12 only.

Just dont feel discourage guys.. Just do the best that we can. Most important is to make this competition a memorable one..
Rock on..

Hi

Just dont feel discourage guys.. Just do the best that we can. Most important is to make this competition a memorable one..
Rock on..

Sorry bros,i read the paper today abt anugerah,jatt ali was interviewed.Looks like they are stressing more on identity rather than anythg else.Is it because due to the reason of tv appearances later part of the show or solely for band??
My fren did mentioned abt a group that had the guitar player wearing a mask,is the band in top 20?I didnt get the name of the band.They must be good,heard alot abt their cool performance.To me the identity of that band is somewhere there but maybe to the judges or viewers it looks like a fighter or maybe terrorist.
Just my 2cents.

All the best to the bands!!I will nvr miss the it!!

Back