Anugerah Band Competition

went for auditions. judges didnt like our style. i think we chose wrong song. my band is energetic, but we sang soft rock jiwang. not suited i guess. eddie said ''if sofaz hears this, they'll get mad''. kinda wtf. but heck, i just say thanks.

judges keep commenting on tuning the guitars. we tune right before coming up, still they said untune. my bassist kinda blame the bass amp. i dont know if its normal, but we arent allowed to change the settings of the amp ourselves. they set for u. u just say about volume u want up or down.

my band was unlucky maybe, had our turn right before lunch. i mean last band before the break. guess they were tired. or grouchy cant wait to eat. nyahah. still i donwanna doubt their professionalism.

i guess my band quite embarassed ourselves, but we did have fun.

went there yesterday.
im with the band "Ok Simple", they managed to get in the 2nd round, congrats!

and yes theunknown,
BLAME THE BASS AMP! kinda spoils.

Wooohooo!! My bro's band is in...I support him all the way!!! Although sumtimes i dont like wat he plays... but, ouhhh welll, hes my bro!!

abt the amps... i dun find any probs with it...
the only thing tat they told us is not to set is the volume...
the eqs-u r allowed to...

on the volume issue, u can set the volume at ur board itself to balance with the 'clean' settings tat they set.

overall, many2 good bands today. challenging...

Hi

abt the amps... i dun find any probs with it...
the only thing tat they told us is not to set is the volume...
the eqs-u r allowed to...

on the volume issue, u can set the volume at ur board itself to balance with the 'clean' settings tat they set.

overall, many2 good bands today. challenging...
/
How many bands made to 2nd round today?

not to sure about the numbers cause i didnt stay till the last band.. but for today the bands who came for auditions were great.. a lot of bands got through to the 2nd round.. congrats..

Stage balance is another citeria for a competition like this. they don want u to blast the volume on stage so the sound man can push the sound outside.. A lot of people still don know this... stage sound is for the band to hear only not the audience. if u can hear yourself and the rest of ur members, thats enough.. the rest u leave it to the soundman.. i'm sure it''ll sound good outside. but talking about the amp, it is defintly lowest end one..don give up bro try again..

hi peeps,

to me the bass amp really sucks... Although my band make it through the next round, am still not happy with the sound we got during our set. My guitarist told me the guitar amp sounds too sharp.. Fortunately the judges and the peeps enjoyed our set. To all the bands, all the best ya!! Hopefully e sound better the next round...

Putra

not to sure about the numbers cause i didnt stay till the last band.. but for today the bands who came for auditions were great.. a lot of bands got through to the 2nd round.. congrats..

Stage balance is another citeria for a competition like this. they don want u to blast the volume on stage so the sound man can push the sound outside.. A lot of people still don know this... stage sound is for the band to hear only not the audience. if u can hear yourself and the rest of ur members, thats enough.. the rest u leave it to the soundman.. i'm sure it''ll sound good outside. but talking about the amp, it is defintly lowest end one..don give up bro try again..

Yo Bro, You' re with the band PUTRA right??

I was there and witnessed the performance. You guys were great!!

My band KONSPIRAZY also got through to the 2nd round (No: 16). Will look forward to seeing your performance again bro...

Last but not least CONGRATS to all the bands that made it through and to those who did'nt "NEVER GIVE UP"

WOOOO!O!!!!!!! GO PUTRA!!! Mr. ALIF! u better get FAMOUS!!!!! ALL THE WAY BROS! U HAVE MY SUPPORT! hopefully i get into superband for the chinese one.. haha den our band can go lim kopi!

Yo Bro, You' re with the band PUTRA right??

I was there and witnessed the performance. You guys were great!!

My band KONSPIRAZY also got through to the 2nd round (No: 16). Will look forward to seeing your performance again bro...

Last but not least CONGRATS to all the bands that made it through and to those who did'nt "NEVER GIVE UP"

Thanks bro.. Your band were great too.. cant wait next sunday to come.. This is the best thing about competition. Where all the musicians meet and talk about the same thing but will never get bored..

Stage amps, drum kit and stage sound is not what i expected.. Even the judge Jat ali have to come up to the drum and tune it himself.. So what we have to do is just have fun and do our best.. I'm sure the judges know that the sound is not up to standard.. A lot of legendary musician told me this before.. Its not about the soccer boots, its the player.. And its not about the instruments, its the musician.. I learn something from the last year powerjam finals.. My previous band NOW OPEN lost in the finals not because we are not capable.. Its because of our stage balancing is very bad.. Just don touch the volume but do ur eq.. I bet u'll sound pretty ok.. I was not happy with the drum kit either.. it is so hard to adjust the seats and i cant feel anything when i step on the bass pedal.. But i don care about that now.. I just wanna put up the best show and want people to remember. I always tell my guys to take the day that we are going to perform is our last show.. Just kick ass.. So even if we don get through, we'll make sure that people will remember the performance.. So do ur best everyone..

Last edited:
WOOOO!O!!!!!!! GO PUTRA!!! Mr. ALIF! u better get FAMOUS!!!!! ALL THE WAY BROS! U HAVE MY SUPPORT! hopefully i get into superband for the chinese one.. haha den our band can go lim kopi!

Hey simon.. u will definitely get through.. Just let us know about the competition.. We'll support u all the way too.. Send my regards to ur band..

Putra, grreat band. caught you guys playing up close while sitting down by the stage, waiting to be audition. You guys got the x-factor la. awesome. are you guys gonna play another cradle song? hahaz can't wait. My band also got thru , Sunset Boulevard. See you guys on Sunday!

Good luck to all the bands!

oh i love this electronica, rock band that audition, er Sputnit? i think?
hahaz awesome sound guys.

Putra, grreat band. caught you guys playing up close while sitting down by the stage, waiting to be audition. You guys got the x-factor la. awesome. are you guys gonna play another cradle song? hahaz can't wait. My band also got thru , Sunset Boulevard. See you guys on Sunday!

Good luck to all the bands!

oh i love this electronica, rock band that audition, er Sputnit? i think?
hahaz awesome sound guys.

Sunset Boulevard, u guys were awesome too..

We still haven't decide what song to play.. Maybe another cradle, maybe not.. But we'll try to play songs from local bands.. We don want people to think that we wanna be like cradle cause we got our own style.. We are very close to local band.. So we wanna support them by playing their songs but in our own style.. See u guys on sunday aite..

Rock on!!!

Last edited:
Any one knows how many bands got through to the 2nd round? its seems to be a whole day audition again..

Dunno how many bands got through but I believe more than 120 bands came for the 1st Audition. Some say they slashed the figure by half.

So I expect around 60 or so bands on Sunday but my band were given a time slot of 1130 - 1200hrs.. What about other bands bro? same time to report or diff timings??

Maybe this sunday, they will slash the figure by half again...SCARY SIA!!!

my band's were to report at 4.30... playing ard 5...

and i heard that they are choosing only 20 bands from tis sunday... cool! challenging!!!

u guys doin covers or oris?
we were advised to do covers. but wat the heck...

Who do you thinks gonna win? or top 3 Any guess?

For me i can remember the following were tight

1. Putra
2. Royal
3. Konspiracy

Ariel

Who do you thinks gonna win? or top 3 Any guess?

For me i can remember the following were tight

1. Putra
2. Royal
3. Konspiracy

Ariel

My slot is around 12pm. Thanks for thinkin that we are going to be in the top 3.. I went down for the 2nd day audition with my bassist, Its was like crazy.. most of the bands got through and super tight.. very hard to predict.. all of us are competing with different level of musician.. Even some of them i saw them on tv before.. every one should be on their best form on sunday...

Guess what.? We haven't even decide on wat song to play..

wakakaa...

Back