The Great Chelsea FC Thread

JaarVis.

haha. saw dime's thread for man u AND tayheni's thread for liverpool . so here u go chelsea fans ! haha. i know its kinda hard to get chelsea fans . but oh well. hahha. let me start of with the VICTORY ! over liverpool.

2 English Carling Cup: Quarterfinals
Final - Stamford Bridge Attendance: 41,366

Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool

Frank Lampard (59)
Andriy Shevchenko (90)

celebratioonnnn !!

let me be the first to congratulate:

viva the showponies: CHELSKI ! Everton awaits U in the qtrs .....

great chelsea?50 great yrs to first premiership title id say.haha.can just feel the footballing passion in these kinda threads.fgl looks like its sooner or later.cause the new thread button is calling.

soon enough softies will visit sports forum the most...hahahaha
i jus can feel it with this rival thingy goin on
i hope not :X

and btw, i laughed when i read ur thread title bro....
The Great Chelsea....hahaha style style

Last edited:
let me be the first to congratulate:

viva the showponies: CHELSKI ! Everton awaits U in the qtrs .....

thanks man . haha. everton shouldnt be a problem if chelsea had beaten liverpool with 2 goals. but still . no overconfidence. =D

ONE chelsea fan joined me so far. haha

ShadowsDiamond - "and btw, i laughed when i read ur thread title bro....
The Great Chelsea....hahaha style style "

hahahah . must be unique wad. haha. different from the others. thats how Chelsea is. =D

Football can spice things up here in the forum too. haha.

MORE CHELSEA FANS PLEASE !!

thanks man . haha. everton shouldnt be a problem if chelsea had beaten liverpool with 2 goals. but still . no overconfidence. =D

ONE chelsea fan joined me so far. haha

MORE CHELSEA FANS PLEASE !!

Yah...where are the other two fans man...?

hmm. darnn. its hard ta get a chelsea fan . hahaha.
hey. did ya check the newpaper todae? Rafa said Crouch was provoked and thus he tackled mikel in a vigorous way .

Chelsea VS Liverpool Match Report.
" Liverpool and England striker Peter Crouch saw red as Chelsea won 2-0 to progress to the semi-finals of the Carling Cup thanks to second-half strikes from Frank Lampard and Andriy Shevchenko. "

Lampard's deflected 59th minute opener was followed, seconds later, by a moment of madness from Crouch who was red-carded for a disgraceful two-footed lunge on Mikel John Obi.

Referee Martin Atkinson immediately dismissed the England striker who unleashed a four-letter tirade at Chelsea fans before disappearing down the tunnel.

Crouch will now miss Liverpool's home clash with Portsmouth and the visits to Derby and Manchester City over the festive period.

The Carling Cup has never been high on Rafael Benitez's hit-list and he underlined that by putting out a side which did not contain England midfielder Steven Gerrard and Spanish striker Fernando Torres.

Gerrard, laid low with a stomach complaint, was certainly missed by the Merseysiders - who showed little drive in a goalless opening half largely controlled by the home side.

But Chelsea's failure to break the deadlock was largely due to the agility of Liverpool's reserve goalkeeper Charles Itandje.

In the 11th minute he denied Ivory Coast striker Salomon Kalou when Andriy Shevchenko's low cross had invited him to try his luck from just inside the penalty area.

However, the Liverpool goalkeeper had to rely on his shoulder to prevent Lampard scoring in the 24th minute.

Alvaro Arbeloa's attempted clearance fell to Lampard's feet on the edge of the penalty area but the England man could not finish the job.

A minute later Chelsea had to rely on Petr Cech, playing his first game in the competition this season, when a move involving Andriy Voronin and Crouch set up Lucas.

The Czech international keeper, at fault for Arsenal's winner in the Barclays Premier League on Sunday, produced a fine diving save to deny the Liverpool midfielder.

But they were the only real highlights in a first half littered with poor passes and choked by a packed midfield.

Chelsea continued to look the more likely to score but Lampard was still finding his range when he sent a 20-yard shot high into the crowd in the 52nd minute.

Less than 60 seconds later, Itandje denied Michael Essien, back from his three-match suspension, with a flying one-handed save as the Ghanaian's 18-yard effort looked destined for the corner.

Liverpool's attacks were sporadic at best but they were almost gifted a goal in the 55th minute when Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho, playing his first game since breaking a small bone in his back against Everton in early November, failed to reach Cech with a back-header.

The ball fell straight into the path of Crouch but the lanky striker could not lift the ball over the advancing Chelsea keeper.

But four minutes later, Chelsea were in front. Mikel found Shevchenko with a clever pass and the Ukraine striker put Lampard in the clear thanks to a neat first touch.

The England midfielder's shot was half-stopped by Jamie Carragher but the ball ballooned up and over the stranded Itandje to register Lampard's 99th goal for the club.

But the game erupted in the worst possible way within a minute when Crouch inexplicably decided to launch himself at Mikel right in front of the home dugout.

The two-footed lunge was high and dangerous and Atkinson had no hesitation in dismissing the England striker - to the fury of Benitez and the player himself.

Mikel was later replaced by Michael Ballack, who was returning to action for the first time since April.

In the intervening period, the Germany captain underwent two ankle operations - but he showed no ill-effects as Chelsea went in search of a second goal.

Indeed, it was Ballack's header down to Shevchenko in the final minute of normal time which allowed the Ukrainian to drill an angled shot past Itandje to put Chelsea into the last four of the competition.''

The draw for the semi-finals of this season's Carling Cup, which took place on Wednesday evening, is as follows:

Chelsea v Everton
Arsenal v Tottenham

The ties will be played over two legs during the weeks commencing 7th and 21st January 2008 with the exact dates to be confirmed.

Mikel IS a provoker - he was the one who caused the fight with Kolo Toure in last seasons carling cup final..

I say BAN HIM instead!

but how can u confirm that Mikel is a provoker. as in , they're no evidence . same situation like the NAS and Bennett . hmm. but dunno luhh. crouched could have called his gang down and all dat after the match. but he decided ta be harsh on him during the match. his pasal ah . hahahaha. actually , if mikel DID provoke him . can understand luh. crouch would be boiling hot . haha.

but how can u confirm that Mikel is a provoker. as in , they're no evidence . same situation like the NAS and Bennett . hmm. but dunno luhh. crouched could have called his gang down and all dat after the match. but he decided ta be harsh on him during the match. his pasal ah . hahahaha. actually , if mikel DID provoke him . can understand luh. crouch would be boiling hot . haha.

coz Mikel got the PROVOKER face ;-P

he aint no traitor luh ! haha. he looks kinda funny though .his hair. :D hhahaha.
Later tonight at 12:05am which is tml morning. Chelsea gonna face Blackburn Rovers over at Home of Blackburn .

Match Review:
Blackburn manager Mark Hughes has admitted he will not be able to buy his way out of trouble should his team's worrying slump continue.

The big-spending days of the club's late benefactor Jack Walker are long gone and Hughes now has to utilise what little money he has wisely.

Buying striker Roque Santa Cruz from Bayern Munich for £3.8million in July - the club's only significant summer signing - is looking increasingly inspired, as was the capture of centre-back Christopher Samba on a free transfer from Hertha Berlin in January.

With a lack of form, injuries, suspension and, in some cases, unhappiness within the squad, Rovers are in need of a lift, but are unlikely to get one in next month's transfer window.

``I haven't got a great deal of finance to go out in the market and address problems,'' said Hughes, whose team have a Barclays Premier League date with Chelsea at Ewood Park.

``I'll do just what I have always done, which I think has helped us. It makes us a better club because we work with what we have got and we make those players better.

``If an opportunity presents itself and we can find some money from somewhere then, yes, we will always be in the market, but it is quite difficult to do that from our point of view.''

Hughes has a number of fringe players out on loan, most notably Paul Gallagher, whose short-term deal withPreston ends in January.

If no new signings are forthcoming then those players may be needed to give the fresh impetus to the squad.

Hughes added: ``It is something I will be looking at.

``If we are sending young players out on loan, we want them to play, so if they are not getting as many games as I feel they need, they are better off coming back.

``I would say a number of them will come back and hopefully we will get the benefit of that.''

Hughes will be without centre-back Samba for the visit of Chelsea as he serves a one-match ban for accumulating five yellow cards.

Zurab Khizanishvili or midfielder Aaron Mokoena look most likely to step in, although the versatile Brett Emerton returns after suspension.

Avram Grant is determined to avoid a repeat performance of the holiday horror that cost Chelsea the title last season.

The Blues recorded just one win from four games over the Christmas and new year period last term and their poor run of form and the subsequent failure to buy a defender in the transfer window saw Jose Mourinho's men miss out on a third successive Barclays Premier League crown.

New boss Grant is well aware that, just like last season, Chelsea will go into the festive period without captain John Terry.

The defender was sidelined with a back problem last season and has been forced out of action again after breaking bones in his right foot during last weekend's defeat at Arsenal.

The festive period sees Chelsea face two of the clubs who cost them valuable points at this stage last season - Aston Villa and Fulham - but they also need to overcome Blackburn and Newcastle to keep in touch with the leaders at the top of the table.

Grant said: ``It is very important. We have four games in a very short time. It is very important to take as many points as we can.

``I think we can do that. It is not easy. Every game is difficult, especially without important players. It is a big challenge.

``We need to take as many points as we can. Nothing will finish in January, but it will be an advantage to the team that takes as many points as they can. Last year, the gap was many points and then became six and a race began again.

``This year, the title race will be between four or five teams. But a good Christmas can be a springboard so we need to do our best but also to act when something goes wrong.''

Grant will lose four players to the African Nations Cup next month and may also look for a short-term replacement for Terry.

The club's billionaire owner, Roman Abramovich, refused to sanction more spending for former boss Mourinho last January but Grant hinted he is already looking for new faces.

He added: ``We are following a few players. We think carefully about the players who will be good for Chelsea. It is not easy because we want to do things the best way.

``I am happy with the squad but I will always look for players that can make us better. It is important.''

chelsea's winning 1-0. halftime now. blackburn did some great shots. but chelsea did more. i liked lampard's shot which hit the post. damnit. ahhhh. why no chelsea fans. borring sia. i talkin to myself. -.-

Back