Liverpool FC Thread

Pool's last 2 games under Daglish ended in defeats. maybe it's time to review the team as well. managers shouldn't be put to blame 100% when things don't turn out. you can put the best manager in any teams but if the team consists of non-performers then it's not about management.

I think we must realise that Kenny has to undo the damage caused by the latter part of Benitez's tenure AND the entirety of Hodgson's tenure. That alone is one hell of a job, something he'll need to time to do. Anyway, i don't think any Liverpool fan is going to be unhappy that Kenny's in the hot seat. However, i think he needs to revise his team selection, Raul Meireles is not a right midfielder, Poulsen doesn't belong in Liverpool, and Glen Johnson should not be at left back (although looking at our current left backs i don't see a readymade solution). I think the thing about having a winning mentality is true, Hodgson was a small club man all the way. Its one thing to take positives from bad performances but another thing to put them above the failures. Kenny knows how to win that's for sure, now we need to give him time to get rid of the rubbish (Poulsen is one) and slowly bring in new faces. However, i must say that Hodgson did give many of the new English faces a chance to shine and that had some success, with Martin Kelly now quite involved in the first team and Jonjo Shelvey gaining experience. Kelly was a standout performer for the 2 matches we lost, lets hope he can keep it up against Everton, i have a feeling he'll be involved since Steven Pienaar is probably starting on the left.

Daglish should prioritize team house-keeping first. if the team continues not to deliver under his watch, then the inevitable will happen (again)- 'oh it's the manager's fault...'

finally....hodgson leaves l'pool....the tail end of g&h era is over. King kenny is temporary taking charge now. Hopefully, a new better beginning.

bro - looks like it wasnt such a good beginning after all with 2 defeats in the first two games ..

bro - looks like it wasnt such a good beginning after all with 2 defeats in the first two games ..

Well, Kenny was only a few days old as manager in his first 2 games (for the first game, he's only been on-board for few hours!). How to blame him? Anyway, he's not a magician to change things overnight. The problem is too deep rooted, so it gonna take a few more games at least to set the team straight.

Pool drew with Everton. Not a good result, but still lots of positive from there. At least now the team showed some intent, determination and fighting spirit. But still not sharp enough, especially the final ball and finishing. The 2 Everton goals shouldn't have happened, and they were the exact playback and reminiscence of the Pool side under Hodgson - unfocus midfield, dodgy & nervous defending, and lacking confidence in playing the ball and moving forward. Although that nervy period lasted only 20 minutes, the damage was already done. I believe Pool will learn from this. On to the next game, and hopefully a bigger improvement from the team.

good to see 'Pool play last night
sport-soccer-smiley-24.gif

Last edited:
Quite a strike from Meireles too. Good performance all round, lots and lots of positives from the central players and fullbacks, the wide players now need to step it up. Maxi and Kuyt weren't incisive enough but then again, with Meireles, Torres, Johnson and Kelly getting forward well, there wasn't too much need for it. Kelly has been excellent these few games, good to see him getting regular playing time. Meireles seems to have finally found his feet; looking forward to enjoying more stunning goals from him, he certainly has a sweet right foot!

Here's an interesting read about Hodgson which is frightfully true.

http://www.kopsource.com/2011/01/roy-hodgson-and-the-great-brainwashed/

On a side note....

Thank goodness that big fool Andy Gray has been sacked for a series of sexist remarks and sexual harassment. As a pundit, he was extremely bias against Liverpool. If you listened to his match commentary over the years, you will know how much he hated the club. His remarks were always full of disdain and sarcasm towards Liverpool players, managers (except Roy) and fans. Everytime Liverpool won a game, he sounded disinterested. But when Liverpool lost, he would yak his gab non-stop. And it's no secret he loves kissing Ferguson's wrinkly old arse.

Not unjustified i'd say. Left for footballing reasons yes, but i still don't understand why he wanted out given the way Chelsea have played recently, bar the 4-0 win over Bolton. Of course, the same could be said for Liverpool. All i know is we got Suarez and Carroll for a net outlay of 6m. Not bad business i'd say. Just that 35m for Carroll seemed to me a kneejerk reaction, and a rather bad one at that.

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 1

Torres who? Haha....so much for the 50 million pound sulky prima-donna mercenary. Taken off after 65 minutes. Honestly, Drogba and Anelka would have been more effective without him. Something tells me Torres is Abramovich's signing, and NOT Ancelotti's signing. So who knows....Torres could be the next Shevchenko!

Fantastic win for King Kenny's merry men. Liverpool played with lots of grit, determination and confidence. The team worked very hard for one another, and the belief was always there. They attacked and defended in numbers with Kenny's "pass and move" style of football which was great to see. Anyway there's still lots of work to do and also much room for improvement....thanks to the rot left behind by the previous leaches owners and the useless Hodgson. I can't wait to see Suarez starting the next game, and better still....the Suarez/Caroll striking partnership. In Kenny we trust!

:)

Poor draw against Wigan. The team looks really tired. International friendlies are a blardy waste of time.

On a positive note, Suarez showed what he can really do, and it was only his first start. Unlucky that he struck the post twice, or else L'pool would have won. He's fast, lively, skillful and unpredictable....a nightmare for defenders because he was fouled throughout the match. Most of all, he proved to be a very good team player who works hard and will set up a lots of goals for his strike partner and other players, although he can be a prolific scorer himself....unlike that El Sulk who only want services on a platter or else he couldn't be bothered. What Suarez doesn't have are strength, presence and aerial threat. But there's where Andy Caroll comes in - in abundance too. Some strike partnership these two gonna be!

From their performance, N'gog and Jovanovic are confirmed CRAP. No wonder Kenny doesn't rate them at all. They were only there because several players were running on flat tyres, Meireles was sick and Gerrard, Agger, Cole and Carroll were injured. I guess they will be shipped out immediately at the end of season.

On to the next game, and hope all the players will be up and running 100%.

Last edited:
Won't be as bad as Arsene 'Tight purse strings' Wenger la FGL bro. Hahaha! I honestly think Kuyt should be sold as well. He's been a great servant to the cause, but his powers (already limited as they are) are waning and on the evidence of last night, he's too limited to be playing as centreforward. I think the players who need to go are: Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kuyt and Joe Cole. The first 2 are self-explanatory, Kuyt i just explained my rationale. As for Maxi, he's not been at his best here, although he's started quite a few games. He's also a little old already, so i don't see much sense in keeping him any longer.

A tough 1-0 win for L'pool. The team really needs to improve based on tonight's performance as well as the last two games. Here's my take....

N'gog is a rubbish striker. Period. He missed numerous chances including two easy ones. L'pool was under pressure all night because he failed to convert at least a goal. He was weak, his shooting was extremely dire and he often made the wrong decisions. Overall, he's very frustrating to watch. Kenny gave him two starts and that's how he repaid him....with rubbish football. He should be shipped off in the summer to WBA reuniting with Roy! Hopefully, Andy Carroll will be fit to play for the next round, as Suarez is cup-tied. If not, then anyone but N'gog. I want to see the last of him in L'pool shirt.

Joe Cole was trying too hard and worked his socks off. An improvement from his previous game. He would have scored but for that useless N'gog to steal the ball off him....and then missed! The goal would have boost Joe's confidence. Maybe he needs more time and games to find his form. On his good day, he can be better than Maxi on the left midfield. He deserves another season.

Martin Kelly - What a future this kid has. And Fabio Capello was watching him too.

Daniel Agger - Wrap him up in cotton wool next time. But did alright in defence as well as playing the ball up.

Kuyt - Neither a brilliant striker or excellent finisher. But he always has a knack for popping in the crucial goal to win a game. Hardworking as always.

Poulsen - Another rubbish display. He's really a poor quality player, seriously. I can't believe Roy paid 5 million for him! And like Ngog, off he goes in the summer to whoever wants him.

Lucas - Okay but need to shift a gear up for the next game.

Wilson - Couldn't really influence the game like Kelly. But time is on his side. Only so-so performance. Definitely not ready for regular starts.

Meireles - Steady influence, bridging the midfield and attack. One of the better players tonight apart from Kelly, Soto and Kuyt.

Carragher - As usual, reliable and no-nonsense defending.

Soto - Ditto above. Good header from him but unlucky not to score. He's worth another year's extension to his contract in the summer. He will be a good backup central defender.

On to the next game....

Last edited:
Back