Liverpool FC Thread

Yes. But with all the legalities in the law books, there is a chance that something could still happen. Those 2 stupid retards don't realise that they'll lose more if Liverpool goes into administration.

actually, the legality is simple- the case has no jusrisdiction in America. that's about it. it's like when you are in Malaysia (no offence to Malaysians, for illustration only) & something happened but you make a police report here in s'pore- the police here can't do anything. tsk tsk tsk.

Now they wanna sue for 1.5b. I hope the court throws them out and Liverpool sues them back for the same amount, and gets it. New ground, new players, new facilities, finally all the things they promised 3 years ago, courtesy of them. Too bad they don't get to reap the 'fruits' of their 'labour'. Given that it happens.

Latest:

- The High Court in London ordered Tom & Jerry to remove the injunction in Texas. US law tak pakai in UK.

- The Texas court injunction is removed. Bo-pian...or else the 2 leeches kena charged for contempt of court.

- Apparently, the judge in Texas rebuked fat boy's lawyer for hiding from him the High Court's ruling in London the day before. Case thrown out. Haha!

- Tele-tubby try to "sell" his 50% share to hedge fund company, Mills Financial, hoping to pay off the debt to RBS, meanwhile retaining control of the club and buying for more time. His last desperado attempt.

- RBS refused to accept Mills Financial offer (sibeh heng ah!). Premier League also refused to do the mandatory "ownership test" without proper board of directors approval.

- The 2 faecal matter finally ran out ammunition, conceded defeat, and accepted they are pariahs and parasites of the highest order. Case closed.

- NESV is the new owner. Liverpool Red Sox, here we come!

- However, lard ball and his mini-me buddy want to sue for what they call "epic swindle". They want 1.6b compensation. Epic retards. Their claims are super idiotic and ultra lame, and most likely they got no case at all.

Hopefully the saga ends here. Okey dokey, back to football and scrutinising Roy Hodgson. :)

^^^Totally agreed. This would have been better news only if Peter Lim had managed to successfully win the bid. Now, lets see just how much more face those 2 retards want to lose before they finally shut the hell up.

many of us would agree that those 2 are in it for the $$$$- it should be the passion for the sport, first & foremost... especially with a team with an accomplished history.

Regrettably, most people are exactly like that. At least NESV have proven with the Boston Red Sox that they aren't so much like that.

LFCs_Fernando_Torres_celebrates_460_221664196.jpg

what if this chap really leaves Anfield... to Old Trafford?

Nah....it's typical hogwash by British press. Just lazy journalism and fabricated stories to sell papers and readership. Anyway the chap above don't really fancy Old Toilet. :)

That chap above isn't the same on at Liverpool now. The new one has the same name, face and shirt number but he pales in comparison to the old chap's goalscoring record, touch, fitness and awareness.

The bigger problem is not Torres's form, but Roy Hodgson. The man is seriously clueless! How long does he want to take before he "gets to know his players better" and "turn things around"? He said don't judge him after 3 games. Ok, fair enough. Well, now it's coming to the 9th league game, excluding all cups and european games....and what happened? Results and team morale seems to be getting worse. Hodgson is better off as a small club manager, because he doesn't have the capacity and guile to manage big clubs like Liverpool. I hope NESV sack Hodgson now!

Pool played some brilliant football last night....for the first 70 mins at least. After that, they were back to their old habits....unable to keep the ball or close down opponents, lacking movement, nervousness and panicky defence. But hey, at least it's a win and 3 points. Now is for Pool to play the same brilliant football week in and out....consistently. And Hodgson better ensure that if he wants to keep his job.

I think the players felt more liberated after all the shit happening off the pitch. I agree with sub, it was actually enjoyable. But once Blackburn began to rally, we promptly lost steam. This cannot happen if we are to stay out of the drop zone. With the BPL as competitive as it is, just 1 lapse of concentration can kill us. On a side note, does anyone think that besides Sami Hyypia, Sotirios Kyrgiakos is one of the best bargains ever? I see some similarities between the two, the aerial prowess and reading of the game.

Sotirios Kyrgiakos is definitely a bargain (1.5 mil I think). I don't think he reads the game as well as Sami because Sami was among the best in that department. And like Sami, his lack of pace is his weakness. But when it comes to aerial prowess, IMO, Sotirios is the best in the EPL with the way he's playing currently. He makes his presence felt when defending, and is always a big aerial threat to the opponents in set pieces. Unlike Peter Crouch, his header is usually firm and powerful despite not being as tall as the former.

I think Sotirios will be the next Kop cult hero. The last cult hero L'pool fans had was Luis Garcia.

Depends on where you look lol.

Soto won't do very well against the bigger clubs with smarter, faster players, but against teams like Stoke and Bolton he will be invaluable in winning those aerial balls that will go into the box 90% of the time. Of course, aim for him in the box and you'll get a coupla cheap goals too. He is like 2-3 EPL goal away from being a cult hero. He and Meireles can. Meireles is the kind of player who excites people, what with all the long range shooting. Not to mention that he has the ability to find a pass.

Scrappy from Liverpool as Bolton closed down the midfield very quickly, with ball-biters like Fabrice Muamba and Stuart Holden in there. But a win is a win, and Torres has his 2nd assist of the season. He still looks some way from the lethal form he had before the WC but he's slowly getting there. Lacks confidence, which is worrying, if Liverpool create chances i'm quite sure he will bury a few.

Back