Liverpool FC Thread

Well i don't know about you guys but it seems to me Liverpool have to have 1 or 2 bad performances before they produce a good one. WTF is up with that?

joe cole is right footed but he often plays on the left wing. we have not had a decent english winger (or of any nationality for that matter) since mcmanaman and further back, barnes. in fact, we need more that just 'decent'

joe_cole_263.jpg

joe cole X LFC
colemed8.jpg

i want to ride my bicycle
2_4c458c8a762e9285865384.jpg

It was a very insipid performance by Liverpool against Kaiserslautern last night. The only positive was Diego Cavalieri's assuredness in dealing with whatever came his way. He's proven that he's a more than capable backup for Pepe Reina. Or else, nothing worked. True, Kaiserslautern played a high tempo pressing game that worked well, but the fact that Liverpool couldn't string more than 3 passes together was an ominous sign. The front 3 were starved of service as Lucas continued his favourite habit of passing square and the other midfielders were constantly harassed by the Kaiserslautern midfielders. If this happens in the Europa League qualifier, rest assured we'll not be in Europe at all this season. Absolutely terrible, i wasted 2 hours of my life watching a match devoid of life.

Super boring match...a torture to watch. Anyway, most were just kids trying too hard to please the new gaffer. And youngster Jay Spearing seemed to play a little better than Lucas. Well, it's time to sell Lucas away...just not good enough...period.

Says a lot. I just wish Hodgson will sell him away to Palermo. They offered 5mil for him, more than enough. Benitez is interested in Masch and Kuyt too, those 2 are worth 40mil combined. Sell those 3, buy Remy, Banega and Taiwo and there's still enough to buy a decent left mid. Good deal.

Any pool fans following the Kenny Huang takeover saga? Could be an interesting couple of weeks. The greedy Americans still refuse to sell and are trying their luck for massive profits. Hopefully RBS and the board force them out.

Yankees Go Home! We NO love you long long time!

Heh heh heh. I don't know man, i'm the kind who's wary of any sort of takeover now, but i hope this guy keeps to his word! The Americans made promises too but they sure as hell didn't keep them!

Aight i gotta rant:

I do NOT know what the HELL ANYONE sees in Christian Poulsen. He's a substandard defensive midfielder who can't pass, can't tackle, can't run and can't score. What do so many clubs want him for? He belongs in the S-League for goodness sake!

Ok ranting aside, i believe that Banega or Defour would be better than Poulsen because they're younger and definitely better. Banega only costs 10m for goodness sake!

Noooo.... in all honesty, I expected Liverpool to get trashed or what, they did surprisingly better than I expected. I think the team will get better in time, and anyone noticed Liverpool game has been more fluid under Rogson, not say effective but more smooth, not as much high balls as last time.

Back