zoom G9.2tt vs korg AX3000G

unholyernest

ZOOM G9.2tt vs KORG AX3000G

mr subversion..i saw your sticky..alright..this is how it goes..

a guitar god pat my shoulder...
IMG_2890.jpg

[size=+2]should have played with his hair or something.hahaha!![/size]

IMG_2891.jpg

i know i'm fat and ugly and sweaty..i'm nervous alright?!? please pm me if i said something wrong and dun spoil this thread.. thanks..

i bought a g9.2 few weeks ago when kiko came over. and my friend bought a korg ax3000g
i played both together..as in i tested both at my place and some pros and cons i would like to share..

i must say first..i might be bias, but this is truly what i know about what i've played.
i dun talk about specs..as in those amp modules and effects..those can be read from webby..

[size=+2]ZOOM G9.2tt:[/size]

Tone/Sound:
g9 has a much more metal tone for sure..
it has 2 12ax7 tubes to play with..really warms up the tone and add tube distortion AND makes your sound brighter..so no worries for jamming or gig..audience sure can hear your tone..sharp and clear..

umm..i am still tweaking the pedal..but what i have got are just some of the really dry sound..still can't get the wet sound yet though..but i believe this pedal has much more to offer..no worries..

Standard Features:
has 40 banks..each banks has 5 footswitch..each footswitch has 2 channels..total u can have 400 patches..200 for user storage and 200 presets..means u cannot overwrite..well..out of so many storage..i only need 5 for a song..so whats the point man?hahaha..

assigning effects to pedals are easy..for the 3-D pedal..u can add module gain and delay feedback at the same time..so its like..u can play overdriven guitar solo with lots of delay..and u can adjust to heavy distortion rhythm guitar with no delay.. good for metallica kinda people..

Cubase LE recording software
i have totally no idea how to use this program yet..totally have no idea.. i'm using windows vista on my laptop and though i sucessfully installed it..i can't start the problem..because the program will say some funny sound setting and stuff cannot be detected... this one i give up..
but what i know about cubase is that its a recording software then u play into your g9 and the "things" appear on the cubase..then from there u can add delay,reverb,distortion..so on..edit your music..

Special Features:
the thing that attracts me and everyone i believe is the double pedal thing..as in the 3-D movement pedal..
its able to do a double whammy effect..which will make u sound like violin makes u 2 octaves higher lah..pretty fun to play with..but dun really use that in music what..haha..so its all about gargets man..

has a powerful ZNR..its called zoom noise reduction..turn it up just the right amount..and u will be able to remove all the feedback and unwanted noise when u are not playing..its like..the pedal is alive..it knows what are the sounds u wan to hear..turn it up higher if u wanna do strumming..

Other Infomation:
not really that easy to tweak..must read manuel first before playing..
when u plug into amp A, u save your patch..but after u switch to amp B.. u need to redo all your EQ..they make very big difference in different amp..

i was told by city's staff that kiko using g9 for his clinic..not the g1k.. so i'm like amazed by how he tweak the wah pedal to sound so good..haha..i'm still trying very hard to get that sound..

sadly the pedal movements are little.. u dun have much to depress..but u can adjust the parameter of the pedal of course..

has a really solid body,feels like my dad's car hood, seriously solid.
feels like u can bring it for a fight and throw it around.hahaha..

PROBLEM:
ok..here comes the biggest problem..hahaha...gig bag...there are no bags that can fit this god damn monster..the line6 bag is damn big but still cannot fit..until now i still cannot find a bag for this monster..the smallest keyboard bag yamaha selling is like 1m..this pedal is 60cm length..1m is way too much..but i guess i'll go back to city music or something.. there's no offical bag released for this effector..so no point looking for it in the internet..i have already done all my research..hahaha..

and the zoom pedal will have a tsk tsk sound coming..no worries about that..its not because its damaged or what...all zoom pedals will have that sound,i'm freaking sure of it..just use a WD-40..

[size=+2]KORG AX3000G:[/size]

Tone/Sound:
korg doesn't really have that fat and heavy and raw tone like zoom..more towards blues and rock..
i must say that this effector won't sound as good as the zoom. i believe its the 2 tubes.. this pedal sounds rather plain..more like a built-in effect found on those simple transistor amps (digital effect)

Standard Features:
has 24 banks..each bank has 4 footswitch, total of 96 patches.

basically its a simplified version of the zoom..as in..it has words all over the place..unlike zoom..so once u get the korg..u no need read the manuel..straight away u can play with it already (VERY USER FRIENDLY!!)...

the pedal has really nice rubber grib...feels comfortable..both on the pedal and the footswitch.

Special Features:
i believe this pedal has the best chorus effect i have ever played with..sounds really nice..has a lot of chorus effects too.so it fits all types of people..from solos to rhythm to bassy to clean..

the pedal has A LOT to depress..which means u can do those really slight control to your sound..(i believe the more movement a pedal has,the better it is)

Other Infomation:
really easy to tweak.
when changing amps, the sound is more or less still the same, doesn't really need to tweak that much more.

its body doesn't have the metallic feel..it feels more like those balls that u hang on the christmas tree, like they will break once u drop them above knee lvl..hahah!..

PROBLEM:
doesn't have a god damn off button! everytime have to turn off the power socket, or pull out the AC..

asigning effects to pedal..its quite screwed up..or is it that i dunno how to use it thats y.. there are a lot of things that u cannot assign to the pedal..not like zoom..korg can only assign volume lvl..wah and maybe the vibrator effect..aka vibe...i think thats all..
zoom can adjust feedback..gain..phaser...flanger..so on..really goes into every single details..

Conclusion:
both the effectors doesn't run on battery..their smaller brothers does..

zoom has much more to offer of course..due to the big difference in price..
zoom-544
korg-350

both pedals can plug straight into the PA system..as in..if u have a concert in a big hall..like a school hall or something..u no need guitar amps to project your sound..u can plug in straight into the PA system..thats the power of a big effector!!

oh ya..another thing to add. to buy things at city music, waiting for sale and buying without sale actually aren't gonna be much different. g9 cost 544 now..last year sale was 500 exactly..then now GST 7%, so confirm will be around 520+++..which makes not much different.so..its not worth waiting for the sale..buy now if u really need it! hahaha..

photos of both pedals will be shown soon.getting my friend to send over asap.

i know this is not the right place to say this..but if anyone wanna buy my zoom..its for sale!.pm me...its confirm going to be more than 544 because of kiko's signature and its only like...2-3 weeks old?hahha..didnt play much lah cuz i got work..only played like hell when i first got it.. still has 1 year warrenty!

btw..just for people that wanna know what gears i used to play with these effectors..i'm using a vox AD50VT-212 and epiphone zakk wylde signature series bullseye lespaul custom.

Last edited:
unholyernest : oh yes..and the zoom pedal will have a tsk tsk sound coming..no worries about that..its not because its damaged or what...all zoom pedals will have that sound,i'm freaking sure of it..just use a WD-40..

oh my gawd that irritates the hell out of me man!
squeeky squeeky sounds -_-
but can lubricate it lah.. but still!

anyways nice post bro! no pic of the korg?

haha..well..nothing's perfect...but if u are looking for perfect..G9.2tt is the closest any effector can offer..

i got no problem with the "squeeky" sound..as long as it can deliver the good tone..thats all i care man..i dun think there's any other way than using the WD-40 to remove that sound..

its only S$4.99 to make u a happier person! haha!

pic of korg will be up soon..
but without kiko in it of course..haha..
its like calling coke to promote pepsi! hahaha...

now i waiting for michael amott from arch enemy to come singapore..then i let him sign on the other side of the pedal..then hopefully it will be able to fetch triple the price! hahaha.. i'm just dreaming..

bro..ur right..u ARE biased..u favour the zoom more..:mrgreen:

never tried the zoom before..but i do like the ax3000g..

the exp pedal on the 3000G..u can assign many things to it..

from volume to wah..to chorus to the gain level..aplenty!

but man..u managed to get a shot with DA MAN himself..that oughta be quite an experience itself aint it?

perhaps i really didn't spend enough time with korg...but i'll try it again sometime..its not mine u know..hahaha..

i'm bias not because i dun like korg or i prefer zoom..its just that i didn't spend enough time with korg bah..sorry man..

korg has a warm tone for rock and zoom has a heavy raw tone for metal..thats all man..

as for the korg pedal..perhaps i need to read the manuel again..

well..that guy's pretty tall..i'm 1.78 and he's like...1.90?but he's wearing boots..hahaha..
wanted him to demo some zoom power to me leh..but he's rushing off to dunno where..
but he's confirm to be very friendly..he offer to take photo with the people around there..hahaha..
but its like paying 544 for 2 photos and a signature...u think its worth it?hahah..buy from me lah!

Last edited:
well..that guy's pretty tall..i'm 1.78 and he's like...1.90?but he's wearing boots..hahaha..

wow..thank god i was at home bumming ard..if i were there, i'd prolly be too intimidated to take a pic with him..even if we did..man..the fella takin the picture will hafta stand far away..cos im barely 1.7..hahaha..

*or maebe i cud've used a chair*:mrgreen:

its the squeeky sound that the pedal will give when it has been depressed. it just need some lubrication.
all zoom pedal will have that problem one.i'm sure.
but can be removed with some lubrication..i'm using the WD-40. working pretty well, no sound so far after i spray some on it..

i dunno how to "spell" out the sound..so the closest i got is "tsk tsk tsk"..

the sound is coming from the pedal only,can't be heard unless u are really quiet with the pedal in the room.

IF the effector is causing my amp to have that sound..i'll break the pedal man..

I would advise care to be taken when using an oil-based multi-purpose lubricant like WD40 on electronics like this multi effects unit. Don't let it spill or drip onto the electronics board!

oh man..i dunno anything about lubricant and i didn't know they will spoil the pedal if it gets on places where its not suppose to be..

i thought they will be like alcohol..evapourate fast fast!

i was just looking for anything that sprays out oily chemicals, which i could only find wd40 at my place.

any other brand to intro?haha.. dun tell me those 30 dollar for 5ml one ah..

Err.. wd40 is oil based. I don't think an oil based lubricant can make something less oily.

I would recommend servisol for contact cleaning but since this is for lubricating.. just use WD40 or singerswinger oil, but use sparingly =)

where to spray the lubricant?i tried to spray but dont know where then still got that irritating sound.and the pedal also cannot move as smoothly.

umm..pretty hard to explain where is it..but i can tell u abit..haha..see if u understand..

the part that is holding the pedal and the base..there is a slight opening..silver colour and white colour plastic part..

not anywhere else please!..there's a "hole" on the Z-pedal..dun spray there! it might get into the chipboard..i dunno whats gonna happen if u do it..haha..

i tried taking photos..but cannot see..so forget it..hahaha..

dude...

may be u don't know how to use KORG. it doesn't mean its not good... if it is too complicated and too efficient for you.. say it.

who says you cannot assign much effects to pedal... study a bit more dude...

I did not design it. I used it, I am using it, and i will use it... I have been playing guitars with effects for more than 18 years... i have done many recordings... i have been on stages with more than 7000 audience. nothing is as efficient as AX3000G. i have also used Zoom G9.2TT about 2 years since Zoom introduced it. So, take it unless you have better and more experience. xD

Last edited:
I have been playing guitars with effects for more than 18 years... i have done many recordings... i have been on stages with more than 7000 audience
WoW! :shock:

HAIL dustofsinner! greatestest player in the world! \m/

BooMz! :roll:

Maybe you'd like to take a little time to explain why the kord ax3000g is the ultimate, indisputably, the most awesome of awesomemest, holy of holiest, efficient of efficientnest multi effects pedal in the world.
And also please do explain what "efficient", which you have used so fervently in describing the pedal, means.

What were you thinking bringing up and arguing to a 2 year old thread? Anyway, I've owned the AX3000G. I found the amp modeller to be too digital, but the effects are quite good.

Back