SOFT 1st Monthly Meeting (2nd July 2005)

hi it was really nice having a good turnout for the program. and it was nice meeting all of the softies. was hoping subby was going to be there so i could grill him on a guitar purchase :)

anyways tim's demo was very nice as was jasons. hope we can do it again in the future.

Silencer said:
i tried going to the arts house, and some guards stopped me from entering.

silencer, so sorry about your experience. the ndp rehearsal really strict man. i parked at Funan, walk over to TAH. set up video and sound. walk back to Excelsior to help Timothy bring his guitars over. after gathering, walked back to Funan to get my car! more exercise in a day than my 1 week combined.

we will do our next meetup after the national day. i will also prepare a big map to show where exactly The Arts House is.

tat's happened 2 us 2....... :cry:

luckily we got james no n cor him n manage 2 reach there another way....... :wink:

:twisted:

Thanks to everyone who came! It was awesome!

We will have next month's one after NDP so there won't be any more guards blocking the Arts House!

And will be sure to give you all detailed instructions on how to get here, bus numbers, etc.

At the moment EarShot is still trying to stock up on more local stuff, so if anyone has any leads, do let us know! There are also old copies of Big O available - the ones with CD samplers - so if you'd like to take a listen to the pioneers of the local scene, do get some of them! Lots of cool bands to listen to.

Another thing is I understand drinks are pretty expensive and lots of you are all still schooling, so will try to lower the price for the next meeting.

Hope to see lots of you come here to hang out as well!

Cheerios,
Natalie

ah bengs dun go 2 art house 1....... they go 2 places wif techno music 1....... hahahahahaha........ :wink:

:twisted:

EarShot said:
Thanks to everyone who came! It was awesome!

Hi Nat,

So sorry that we haven't gotten back to you on the CDs. We've quite a few albums with us at the moment. Too busy with prepping the B-Quartet EP. Give us another 2 weeks? Really sorry for the delay!

James..i was also held up by the guard...some more i'm a foreigner..haha...couldn't even get near to the place...yeah... arrange the meeting AFTER nat day k? =)

mulyadi, sooooo sorry about that.

on a side note, that night i saw so many tanks... quite awesome. 8O ha..ha.. i was running across the road when the tanks came ... like dinosaurs feeling. so heavy.

lalala said:
just curious, shorts and slippers can enter?

Yes, you can definitely enter in shorts and slippers, but a bit lao kui right? We would appreciate it if you could at least wear sandals, and shorts on guys are generally an eyesore (from a girl's point of view) unless you're axl rose. so i wouldn't really advise it.

Willy, no problemo. just let me know when you guys are ready. the observatory is selling really well here, and so is the oddfellows' "bugs and hisses". apparently the indie rock stuff is selling the fastest and the best. yay!

look forward to seeing you all hanging out at earshot! wangdexian, you don't need to be over 18 to hang out here, we have non alcoholic drinks and we open at 11am! you are very very welcome to come here to hang out anytime with your friends.

hi Natalie,

I brought my Observatory CD down the other day because some of the tracks were jumpy on my computer system. Niang Lim (is that how it's written?) and the other staff were very friendly and helped me out. Turns out it's probably my CD player lens being dirty so I brought mine back.

+1 to Earshot! :)

btw would you have any of the humpback oak albums? i'm kinda looking for them.

Back