Yngwie: play Adagio and Cannon D Pachebel??

audioslave

hi to all,

is it confirmed?

i got the Song... it amazing.

i need some teacher to teach me how to play yngwie. but in the mean time i couldnt find the tab for the above...

pse help

well from what i heard the cannon in d wasn't by him(i think).. its by some andy or andrew or something guy..

No. Yngwie DID NOT play that song. It is confirmed by the online fanclub.

I could immediately tell that it was some joker who named the song Yngwie Malmsteen - Canon....that guy obviously doesn't know Yngwie all that well to be naive enough to think that people would believe it.

If Yngwie actually played on it, what you'll hear is a 100 times way more aggressive and melodic with full of damn sweep arpeggios. But Canon is a piece just way too uninteresting for him. Not technically; but the chord progression bassline of the piece itself.

I also realized that this bassline is used by alot of Taiwanese songwriters who write songs for those taiwanese singers...I don't know the titles but I keep hearing these typical chinese songs that keep utilizing the same kind of bassline (or around the same kind).

Zao Chuan's Chen Mo De Gao Yang (that one although the chorus has the same type of bassline, it definitely doesn't sound as irritating as others)

Ah Niu - Ge Bi De Nu Hai Kan Guo Lai chorus
Andy Lau - Wang Qing Shui chorus
Chen Han Wei - that song of the local movie which he starred with Athena ChuYing

Vitamin C - Graduation Song (wah that one lagi just makes u want to smash your radio)

And usually, the chinese songs that have this bassline all usually have the same theme; love. Shit. 'Ai' this, 'Ai' that, wah lan eh. The whole bulk of the commercial factor of the chinese music industry is almost rotated around this Canon bassline similarity. Irritating and stale.

ALOT more which i'm not familiar with the names. Just turn on any contemporary chinese radio channel and you can hear this type of bassline or similiar in almost whatever is played. You need to listen carefully. I cast aside the vocals...it all just sounds the same to me, except different songs just have different arrangments.

And how come I know about these? The people at the workplace I happen to be in always plays that stuff. I have no grudges against it, but I just put on my Seinheisser headphones and blast some Yngwie Malmsteen or Hans Zimmer.

It's like as if all the songwriters who wrote those songs went to the same shool, were taught that bassline, and then graduated....

Dude... chill... its called commercial music. Don't expect the masses to bother about your solo thats rocking with feel and technicality. Expect them to ask you, so where's the vocals? I need a Verse Chorus Verse structure... or, gimme some simple chord progression over 4/4 time.

i still remember tt berkley lecturer at one of the old soft meetings shared with us the "secret" to writing so many songs...stealing progressions..i guess one fine day all songs will sound the same?

ShredCow said:
Dude... chill... its called commercial music. Don't expect the masses to bother about your solo thats rocking with feel and technicality. Expect them to ask you, so where's the vocals? I need a Verse Chorus Verse structure... or, gimme some simple chord progression over 4/4 time.

It depends on individual satisfactory level ..... some people aren't meant to be marketable ... they are just technical and feel people and the industry needs people like this. You can get very technical playing in a session for pop stars ... it's not simple at all.

Well if anyone wants to be popular ... i guess dancing and singing should be the art to follow ... but i just can't stand superficial entertainment .... like 5566, 911, !@## all these ominous numbers ... i guess i dun conform to the general mass .... feels so outcast. :cry:

Arthen said:
But Canon is a piece just way too uninteresting for him. Not technically; but the chord progression bassline of the piece itself.

Pachabel's Canon, one of the greatest classical pieces written of all time, boring?

Coming from Mr. E harmonic Minor that's really something. :roll:

Don't get me wrong Yngwie's good at what he does, but to diss something of genius like this?

Then how bout this? Somebody juz pointed this to me...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:6drsa9igl23d

e643353m0s5.jpg

Back