Y east? Chill Out @ Marine Cove

alamak..dun think i'll be going..haiz..al0t of sk0olwerk! n my frens not going...but i know of quite afew hu's going..sure der will be sum crowd =) those hu are going, haf fun!

Hey your school works come first....can catch a gig another time. There will probably be more gigs coming up under the HeartRock label soon so you'll be spoiled for choice.

Hur hur. I also got homework but I always have homework... no difference.

Anyway, anyone wants to meet up beforehand just add me on MSN (the msn is just listed below... click on msn) before 5pm.

Cheers
Raymond

i'm grounded... GAH~
nvm...
my other friends will drag the MI people down there..
so don't u worry ...
n few rudies will be there to support the local skabands..
not forgetting sum skins..

have fun!

ah well.. expect video footage soon... it's nice to see those leather jacket punks again , just like the good old 2000 days.. but it's a pity they keep stirring up obstacles that puts the show on halt..

one rough gig today. but the crowd seems bigger each time around...maybe cos of the funfair. but anyhoos, kudos to all the band.

oh crap man.... can't believe i missed it AGAIN..... i will confirm try to be at the next one... sorry anthony..... :oops:

blueprintstudios said:
ah well.. expect video footage soon... it's nice to see those leather jacket punks again , just like the good old 2000 days.. but it's a pity they keep stirring up obstacles that puts the show on halt..

Hey welcome to the gig. You should have looked me up and we have cuppa coffee

and Azlan, no worries man, there's always another time.

hehhe! i actually went down just now, last minute decide to go..was fun! yea~ lotsa punks, kindda rowdy but it was pretty controlled.
Great performance by d bands!! w0oh0o! and the punk band hu did a last minute performace was great t0o! "kebebasan!!" hahaha!

*sum of the best things in life comes for free!* :wink:

muchas gracias to all the bands.
muchas gracias most of all to mikemann for sponsoring the sound system. one of the nicest sound system we've ever played on.
hope the beer spilled on your mixer didnt spoil anything. :(
thanks anthony for giving us the chance to play there. love the atmosphere.

Kudos to Sally's Rejex, Comic Strip, Glitched and Flybar. pleasure playin with u guys. I am very very impressed with Comic Strip's set. :)

Hope this series will last long..good platform n exposure!

wooohoo!
CAN I GET AN ENCORE ?!
like pretty please please please

it was AWESOMEEEEEE... !
only waste money buying food from macsss[u noe]
oh pretty please..encore? hehehe

Definately the most "happening" Y'east gig so far, get the pun?? heehee.. :wink:

For one thing I didn't tell anyone except Mr Heartrock, that I was gonna up the sound system, for this one night only. From no where the place became a full house pack, and non-intended disco dancing, moshing and slamming. Maybe the spectacle wasn't only about the band, but also a less seen sub-culture, which gotten many passer-by amused I guess.

Yeah Izzar, my mixer gotten one feet short of changing into a toaster from some senseless beer tossing. Some of the PA stuffs did gotten some taste of beer, I guess your band also. I don't want to risk that ever again.

Well the only difference, is that I did not have any time at all to take pics, so softies can see what went down last night. Hopefully Mr heartrock gotten some decent pics.

Thanks to Sally's Rejex, Comic Strip, Flybar, Fatskunks and Glitched for giving a fabulous show last night. You can see the the ordinary crowd were waiting in anticipation even as we stopped the sets several times for things to cool down. They just simply refust to leave as the music was so gooood.

Gatskunks, Glitched, Hosni, Flybar, thanks for helping to pack up after the show.

HeartRockSingapore said:
Hey welcome to the gig. You should have looked me up and we have cuppa coffee
heheh thanks, I just live nearby @ fort rd anyway. it's good stuff and great use of the amphitheatre. It's weird how I've lived in this area all my life and when they first built that I was like thinkin "someone should hold a gig here." and that didn't happen until out of nowhere now heheh.

just realized I didn't get Comic Strip

PIC00031.jpg

PIC00030.jpg

PIC00014.jpg

MarineCove25Feb064.jpg

and behind the serenity

PIC00020.jpg

PIC00026.jpg

You didn't get comic strip because your "hands were full" during their set, on doing "crowd control" to be taking pics. heehee.....

Let's hope Ron can put up some cool vids soon on the gigs.

Went to Yeast? last night, it was great! The first time I've gone for it, been reading about it but never actually got around to going...

blueprintstudios, you live at fort road? I'm really close by there, too.. Yea, perhaps we should all go grab a drink someday.

Anyway.. I'm really new to the local music scene, only having been in Spore for a year now, but it's real nice seeing all these good local bands.. I was impressed by FatSkunk's performance, kudos

Kudos to the organizer too (didn't catch his name, the guy in the yellow polo t =), for allowing the mat rock bunch to perform a song... Not quite everyone's cup of tea (I think many of the ppl sitting next to me n my girlfriend got up and left when they began) but music is music is music, and I respect the organizer for allowing them that.

The organizer is Anthony aka HeartRockSingapore.

Mikemann: I was telling Anthony how you would be fearing for your equipment at such a rowdy crowd.

One of the guys was dead drunk and already wanted to start a fight for no reason.. only was apprehended by his friends. Wasn't a pleasant sight. I wasn't really expecting moshing at Y East. Heh.

Comic Strip & Glitched were quite good. Just that I'm not used to a torrent of off-beat rhythm guitars and skanky culture. Was hoping to see a ska band that actually really stepped out of that ska rhythm and mindset and offer something different.

Back