Y east? Chill Out @ Marine Cove

HeartRockSingapore said:
Hey bros,

thanks for the feedback. I think I have stretched Mike enough with the peanut budget. If I can find someone who can sponsor me a little more $, I guess we can do that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Heehee, actually I agreed on using a Pearl Rhythm Traveller drumset (mini drumset), for this series due to the budget. The upgrade to the Export set (regular size) was my personal initiative, so as to give performers 'more room' to perform. As it's an outdoor venue, if you want a powerful bass drum sound, the PA system have to upsize quite a lot, with subs as well.

Actually, in my personal opinion, a good performer (or a good sportsman) can perform as long as the equipment are of servicable quality. So even if I have used Carlos drums, smarvo 40w guitar amp, smarvo 75 bass amp and smarvo 100watt PA system. The music generated will still be very nice.

On the 'wants' list, top piority should actually be audience support. Which I feel the performing bands (past, present and future), should make an initiative to get their friends and family, and anyone else to come and fill up the whole place.

I say, come on. It's not easy to have free gigs performing, as the logistic involved behind, very few will want to fork out in their time, energy and especially money. So are you gonna waste what is give to you by performing to empty spaces. FILL UP THOSE EMPTY SPACES!!!!

So when the place attracts a sizable crowd, that's when things will start to improve. Because people start to take notice, soon people with influence and finance get wind of this commotion, they will want to get involved too. So here comes the money and better equipments and bigger venue are possible.

So before any of that ever happen, and you start thinking of your 'wants'. STOP!!! Have you put in your share of the effort, and is it enough??? We are here to help, but we can't help you if you can't help us.

Heehee....sorry.... end of lecture. :wink:

Hi Anthony,

Thanx for the comment!! We really enjoyed playing last nite.. Hope to work with you again next time.. And thanx to all the guys and gals who sat and groove through the performance with us..

Rock on bros!!

Pix time, snapshots.

a.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

mikemann said:
Heehee, actually I agreed on using a Pearl Rhythm Traveller drumset (mini drumset), for this series due to the budget.

I dunnoe man...
IMHO, with the equipment provided, everything sounded great.

Just a little suggestion. If i'm not wrong, there were 2 monitor speaker.
Maybe next time the 1 monitor can be placed next to the drummer and the other 1 next to the vocalist.
As a bassist, since the bass amps was behind me, I don't need the monitor because I can hear my bass clearly.

Maybe some feedback from the soundman would be useful because from the stage, i can't really tell if our sounds were balanced.

But I still think the last gig was great. We really enjoyed ourselves. It's nice to see the little girl danced to our music.

Thank you Mr. HeartRock!
You should be in for the next election. One thing for sure- you will surely get the next generations' votes! We'll support you for supporting us!

yeah i agree with muddy.... cause my drummer couldn't hear anything... so one monitor for vocals, one for drummer..... bass and guitarist have the amps behind thme so they shouldn't have a prob hearing their own sound.... confirm power... haha :lol:

nice

:) enjoyed myself totally, though I perspired like hell.

I especially like the set up of the drum area, where it is a taller stage. That way, everyone will get to notice the otherwise always unoticed drummer.

Thank you Anthony for letting us play for such a lovely crowd.

Cheers to everyone there as well.

Gee..... I could use 2 guys to move all the equipments from my studio to my van, then from my van to the stage.
Also when the gig finish, move the equipments from the stage to my van, then from my van back into my studio.
(Many thanks to Anthony for being there first and staying all the way giving me physical support on this aspect)

Tech: (For this location and equipment only) Due to the 2 monitors having a single channel feed, it's positioned in such a way, as to give an ambience feedback to the performers, to aid them get feel. Some flexiblility is possible by shifting the speakers and selective mixing on that single channel, but is still limited capable.

If the drummer cannot 'hear', it means that the band is playing too loudly as a whole, or some of the members. Remember, it's not a race for the loudest, but the most balanced. Can be linked to the 'tightness' of the band.

agreed totally on the members playing too loud and stuffs like that and the tightness.
Anyways, it will still be great to have a feedback speaker for the drummer if possible. :) Cos some drummers may have to harmonize or even sing. :D

Anyways, perhaps next time the last performing band should help up in the stage closing... zzz... sorry, we were the last band on the 7th, and it didn't come to our mind. apologise for that.

Cheers... love the sound.

BUMP! It's going down in 2hours time. So go there and support our local musicians. Behind Macdonalds Ease Coast Park (we call it Marine Cove).

Just the 2nd gig of the series of 24gigs of this year, it will be better if there are more actual supporting audience instead of passing ones.

It's free, and just beside so many food establishments. Just to name a few, there is a coffeeshop just beside, a Ramly burger kiosk, Komalas, Gelares cafe, Macdonalds, Hotplate steamboat buffet, teh tarik stall, kachang putei, Kenny Rogers Roasters, Mexican BBQ, and many more local and foreign foods available.

You can bring your whole family or friends as a dinner outing, food can range from cheap under $5 per meal to ala carte resturants. Can even be a whole day activity at the east coast park too, so many stuffs to do. So can't complain SG is so boring right?

Anthony: Maybe should learn from the other gig organisers, they make the band sell 25 tix, you should make each band to bring 25 friends and/or family, since it's a free gig....haha... just joking....

Anyway, some snapshot pics from the year's 2nd (21/01/06) Y'east gig. Enjoy.

Resizeof00000004.jpg

Resizeof00000008.jpg

Resizeof00000015.jpg

Resizeof00000018.jpg

Resizeof00000023.jpg

Resizeof00000031.jpg

Resizeof00000034.jpg

Mike, these are excellent shots given that it's a 100 bucks camera. and of course you hve great sense of angle as well.

Actually I very happy that passers by actually stayed behind for the show. This shows that we are beginning to be accepted by people outside the circle.

hey fatcat, drummer from flybar here. the closest i can come up with is indie rock. anyhow we do have originals and are putting our stuff up on purevolume soon. :D

Back