Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

Impossible to pick just one. My top two are Jimmy Page and Steve Howe (Yes) for their great work across a lot of styles - very difficult to play, let alone master - two great genuises. Both have feel, know when to use speed, but mostly because they use notes so beautifully.

Down the line, they are Randy Rhoads (for showing that there is beauty in aggression), David Gilmour (for showing the beauty in laying it slow), Richie Blackmore (for showing that the guitar has a life, on its own) and Stevie Ray Vaughn (best bluesy, balls-slamming rhythmist).

Cheers!
RoRK

Right now would be Muhammed Suiçmez from Necrophagist. Very technical - off beat stuffs like Jason Gobel and Paul Masvidal from Cynic....

Here are my favourites:

Muhammed Suicmez (Necrophagist)
Ihsahn (Emperor)
Michael Ammott (Arch Enemy)
Vito Bratta (White Lion)

woah there are alot besides my favourite

heres some...

1. steve vai (my all time favourite, and...words are just hard to describe his style....its outta this world!)
2. eric johnson
3. joe satriani
4. alexi laiho of COB
5. mike amott of arch enemy (the samurai shredder)
7. john petrucci
8. daniel sasoon of electrico (you gotta love the tone)
9. dallas and doc coyle of god forbid (te-RIFF-ic guitarists)
10. vinnie moore (nice phrasing)

Just came out of my shell and stumbled over a sertain buckethead! Electric youth ehh Tears is beutiful. :cry:

For me :

Randy Rhoads
Akira Takasaki
Steve Vai
Vinnie Moore
Richie Kotzen
Nuno Bettencourt
Jimmy Page
Eddie Van Halen

Damn i know i'm good but don't you think it's a tad bit overrated of me to be amongst most of your favourite guitarists?

Slash04 said:
Damn i know i'm good but don't you think it's a tad bit overrated of me to be amongst most of your favourite guitarists?

orlyyarlyracismxe4.gif

Wow!! Lots of shredders in those lists.
Here's my top 10 favourites.

1. Ulrich Roth (when he was in Scorpions)
2. Michael Schenker (during the old MSG days)
3. Brian May (Queen)
4. Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden sound better with him around)
5. SRV
6. David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
7. Vivian Campbell (when he was in DIO)
8. John Frusciante (RHCP)
9. James Hetfield (Metallica)
10. Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

Latest posts

Back