WHO is in TP? Temasek Polytechnic?

Anyone still here? This thread dead?

Hey, I didn't know that there were actually students in TP who like AC/DC, GnR, etc.. I personally like Skid Row, GnR, Poison, AC/DC, pantera, Maiden Aerosmith, some songs from Rainbow, Dio, Black sabbath, and many many more...

What year are you in? What kinda songs do you guys play? Where exactly is the studio in simei? Is it BMC?

I'm in the same band as pooo. BUS Yr 2 Mktg.

Re: Anyone still here? This thread dead?

haha i like those bands too! i love gnr,maiden,aerosmith,motley crue,ac/dc,metallica,stratovarius and my fav skid row. sebastian bach is god. oh ya i'm from tp too. i'm in design, year 1 =)

Cool.. do you play any musical instruments? Maybe can hang out some time.. it's quite rare to find students with this taste these days..

yup i do vox and play guitar and trying to learn drums now. =) haha yeah it's hard. rock music is so watered down these days eh

Ah.. simei studio hidden in industrial estate eh? Kinda guessed it was that one.. isn't exactly at simei... more like bedok / upper changi / simei..

You're in Vox? I just got into vox too... :D

Maybe can jam together one day. Drop me an SMS sometime.. 94528213

nailhood, whats ur band name? anyway does anyone know if ccn day got performance or not? and i also heard that on graduation day 14 july, also got band performance. is it true?

What's YOUR bandname? We're "Vintage". Heard that upcoming gigs include CCN day and national day. What kinda songs you guys doin?

im in bassfish. apparently only 4 bands got into musicvox. i guess i got lucky. i cant wait to jam in the studio. when will we get our schedule anyway?

"musically deaf". um we used to play punk cuz we were into those shit but we're playing more of a mix of hard rock/classic rock/metal/punk haha. do u know anywhere i can get skid row or sebastian bach's dvd ?

GuitarNoob said:
Is musicvox really so hard to get in that theres only 4 bands? What kinda criterias are they looking out for?

Ya lar.. I also dont ler.. Hmm.. Mayb looks is required?? Hahaha

wetsoil said:
im in bassfish. apparently only 4 bands got into musicvox. i guess i got lucky. i cant wait to jam in the studio. when will we get our schedule anyway?

Everything will be clear after the general meeting. Check ur E-mail if u haven't. Meeting on thursday at SAA, 4th level, 6pm.

gordothemofo said:
"musically deaf". um we used to play punk cuz we were into those shit but we're playing more of a mix of hard rock/classic rock/metal/punk haha. do u know anywhere i can get skid row or sebastian bach's dvd ?

Skid Row / Sebestian Bach DVDs can be found on Ebay. I personally have "roadkill" and "forever wild". My friends bought "Oh say can you scream" (MTVs), Budokan 1992, and some other Sebestian Bach VH1 documentaries. If Ebay isn't your thing, you can try Malaysia. (JB) I think "forever wild" can be found in SG.

GuitarNoob said:
Is musicvox really so hard to get in that theres only 4 bands? What kinda criterias are they looking out for?

The reason why MV has only 4 bands (actually there are 5 including the current one there), is cos there's only 1 studio to jam in. MV can't afford to have more bands cos then it would be difficult to allocate time slots for all the bands, especially since everyone's schedule is so different.

Standards aren't very high. I reckon you just have to sound decent as a band, have some stage presence, and be confident.

Back