What do you guyz think about Tom Morello?

mus

I find this guy quite gd with effects. Good at making weird but nice sounds.

I used to play RATM songs. Try to copy the way he plays. Thanks to that thought i learn and picked up some skills.

How about you guyz?. how do find him?

Very Innovative, he makes noise making into an art form. he always amazes me with his use of effects. and his riffs are damn groovy and catchy.

I think Tom morello isnt that good technically, he's no vai or satch. He can't shred that fast, he can, but it's also nothing out of the ordinary. But im amazed by the really nice songs he manages to come up with. i've listened to metallica, rhcp and nirvana for a long time. And i wanted to play guitar then, but not serious, like aiyah, just say but dont do. But when i heard the RATM album and seeing Tom play in vids, i asked my mom to find me a job at her wkplace after o levels. My favourite guitarist, definitely.

I recall seeing him once a long time ago using a drill, an electric drill, on his guitar and producing some hell of a crazy yet pleasant sounding shit.
I wonder if my eyes were playing tricks. 8O

Phil said:
I recall seeing him once a long time ago using a drill, an electric drill, on his guitar and producing some hell of a crazy yet pleasant sounding shit.

i know some guitarists use dilidos or vibrators

But I am pretty sure it was Morello, my friend was watching it with me too, if i remember correctly.
Either way, I might be wrong. :D

Phil said:

I think u mistaken. he probably pulled out the cable and touched the metal part of the guitar and used wah and delay to create that crazy shit. Thats one of his many neat tricks.

^Yeah, like the testify solo. Or he uses allen wrench and scrapes strings + effects for people of the sun. Or his heavily used toggle switching technique.

haha i did a search!!

Tom Morello, moi legend..eventhough not that technically efficient(he does shred sometimes) but his solos are catchy!

very hard to follow what he does though...

and he isnt all pedals...he only brings about 4 pedals on stage...and he can make tons of sound...RESPECT!

haha he's good, in a league of his own. its kinda pointless to compare him to people like vai or wes montgomery. his stuff's not very technical or complex, but its really original.

but i liked rage more for their political rants than their music though.

cold_static544 said:
haha he's good, in a league of his own. its kinda pointless to compare him to people like vai or wes montgomery. his stuff's not very technical or complex, but its really original.

but i liked rage more for their political rants than their music though.

Zach isnt that good when live..he sounds kinda irritating :p

but what the hell,I like them for the music section not the rapper!

RATM groovy riff are def very good. I felt the same when 1st time i heard them as the 1st time i heard Metallica and Nirvana.

They grabbed you by the b*lls and rip it out thru the mouth! (whatever that means)

Latest posts

Back