Wad cymbals do u guys have...

drum_hobbyist said:
Responding to the request of some, I have fall-in the respective cymbal companies... from left to right - Paiste, Meinl, Istanbul, Bosphorus, Sabian AAs and Sabian HHs... bottom - China made cymbals - Trojan and Wuhan...

P1010039.jpg
GAN DEI
GODFATHER!

your godson here needs some sabians.
:twisted:

shred5, wad series of bosphorus cymbals u collecting? traditional? they look like though...hmm...im starting to like bosphorus...lol!!!

hey i thought i had better post this here. have anyone of you tried the pst3 series? i'm thinking of getting the whole package since its sounds decent and is rather cheap. anyone have comments on whether its good? or that i should go for sig or pst5

[quote="Soundpunk
GAN DEI
GODFATHER!

your godson here needs some sabians.
:twisted:[/quote]

godson... if you really acknowledge me as godfather... then follow my example - save up and buy 8)

drum hobbyist u de man... wonder why u havn started collecting zildjians?

and joshie, pst3 is made up of some unknown alloy, like brass copper based or sometin... i suggest u seriously dont get it... pst5 is more decent, but seriously i think u shdn't get boxed sets unless its AAX! (stage hats, stage crash and stage ride sound soooooo nice) it retails for 800+ but dono if sweelee have stock. u pay like twice de price? but its sounds 5 times better and will last u for very very long... AAX all the way!!! haha :twisted:

nysk said:

It was a long story... about 20 years ago... zildjian was dominating the cymbal market and it was quite ex when I began to collect cymbals. Somehow Sabian came into the market. I have played Zildjians before but when I heard Sabians AAs and HHs and they came with brilliant finish (which Zildjian back then doesn't offer), I swore by them... now fast forward... when I heard Bosphorus Traditionals, they sounded just like Zildjian Ks and half the price... so Bosphorus are my Zildjians... :wink:

joshie said:
hey i thought i had better post this here. have anyone of you tried the pst3 series? i'm thinking of getting the whole package since its sounds decent and is rather cheap. anyone have comments on whether its good? or that i should go for sig or pst5

Give a listening to Istanbul Samatya series at Drum Resources. The most affordable and decent sounding hand hammered cymbal set around... $650...

nysk:
haha alright i'll check that out. but 800 is a really high price not to say that i still have to get cymbal stands. i'll try looking around for it.

drum_hobbyist
yea i tried the istanbul cymbals. the cymbals are great but price is really a problem for me cause im not good, don't think i should buy such high end stuff. but i'll try to get the best deal from nigel. haha.

Thanks!

drum_hobbyist said:
nysk said:

It was a long story... about 20 years ago... zildjian was dominating the cymbal market and it was quite ex when I began to collect cymbals. Somehow Sabian came into the market. I have played Zildjians before but when I heard Sabians AAs and HHs and they came with brilliant finish (which Zildjian back then doesn't offer), I swore by them... now fast forward... when I heard Bosphorus Traditionals, they sounded just like Zildjian Ks and half the price... so Bosphorus are my Zildjians... :wink:

haha ic.. a lot of ppl say that too, but IMO, though they both sound very simliar, there is something bout zildjian K's that bosphorus trads are missing... hmm dono wad it really is haha... but the new k custom hybrids which are coming out are gonna be great for a collector like u... im quite sure there are no cymbals so far which sound like the hybrids

joshie said:
nysk:
haha alright i'll check that out. but 800 is a really high price not to say that i still have to get cymbal stands. i'll try looking around for it.

drum_hobbyist
yea i tried the istanbul cymbals. the cymbals are great but price is really a problem for me cause im not good, don't think i should buy such high end stuff. but i'll try to get the best deal from nigel. haha.

Thanks!

Always remember the principle of long term when you have to consider to pay a substantial amount of money... 8)

nysk said:
drum_hobbyist said:
nysk said:

haha ic.. a lot of ppl say that too, but IMO, though they both sound very simliar, there is something bout zildjian K's that bosphorus trads are missing... hmm dono wad it really is haha... but the new k custom hybrids which are coming out are gonna be great for a collector like u... im quite sure there are no cymbals so far which sound like the hybrids

I will still look at the price factor... to me Zildjian is expensive because it is made in USA and distributed by Yamaha. I will explore the other series of Bosphorus... maybe can find similar sound of the hybrids...

haha ok... but remember that the hybrids are probably the first of its kind, to have a brilliant finish at its inner half, and a trad finish at its outer. such a new series has already won an award, so they must be incredible. i seriously doubt boshpo will have such cymbals. gold, turk, new orleans, trads, versa, antique, masters and hammered... doubt k customs wil have a "cousin" in these families haha... unless boshpo creates something like them in the new future.

btw how are the bospho versas? anyone tried them out or own them? they seem like a very interesting series.

need reviews on aa

hey guys i just bought a sabian aa set. is it good? feel the sound online is sweet and tested some at swee lee. what are you views on them? the price was good so i bought them. sgd720 for 14 hihat 16 crash 20 ride 10 splash the bag and also a free stand. yup. and one more thing is it good to buy many stands and put all your cymbals?

hmmm... depends really... some ppl like more compact drum sets, some ppl like loads of cymbals. as for the AA's, the hats are beauuuutiful. ride and crash are just ok for me. for ride and crash aax works best for me. but hey the AA's are good too. but congrats! u got a pair of excellent hats

just asking

hey is there anyway to attach an attachment arm to the hihat stand or crash to put a splash in between?

Re: just asking

kanzer said:
hey is there anyway to attach an attachment arm to the hihat stand or crash to put a splash in between?

Go to Ranking Sports to look at the clamps and cymbals arms and you will get some ideas... :wink:

drum_hobbyist said:
joshie said:

Give a listening to Istanbul Samatya series at Drum Resources. The most affordable and decent sounding hand hammered cymbal set around... $650...

hey do you have the istabul samatya cymbals? im wondering if it will blend with my pst3 crash. hehe.

Latest posts

Back