14" Hi-Hat
16" Crash
20" Ride

Agop Professional Series

8" Splash
10 Splash

WUHAN

14" China

Presently waiting for ACCENT to bring in my order from Wuhan - The BWH series 3splashes, 2 crashes, a ride, a hihat and 2 chinas and a cymbal bag. 10 items in all for $1K.

8)

TequilaSunrise said:
drum_hobbyist, how do sound control cymbals from Sabian sound like? As compared to say a AAX Stage crash?

The HH Sound Control cymbals are good for studio recording due to their short sustain. They are on the thin side and very musical with the dark tone of hand hammered cast cymbals. Good for CHIJMS banquet hall kind of setting where the acoustic has natural reverb. Played for a wedding there without PA amplification and the cymbals blended well with the music. The cymbals have always received good comments every time they are being played. Bought them when City Music was the Sabian Dealer during the late 80's.

As I have a 17" AAX Stage Crash, it is medium weight and has a good projection without amplification. The word "Stage" says it all. Can do without mic to an audience of about 300 in-door with the music volume below Hard Rock setting. The tone is brighter than HH but darker than AA. :wink:

Drum Hobbyist,

I think we shld meet up one day and discuss cymbals in general.

I'm a Sabian and Paiste whore.

I'm still aiming for an 18" or 17" AAXplosion Crash. Or Paiste RUDE series.
For Paiste Rude, got to order them from Ranking Sports or gamble online.

I've tried the HHX Power crash, and its my main cymbal right now.

Its a pity that Swee Lee doesn't have a HH Rock crash in stock or that wld become my dream come true.

TequilaSunrise said:
Thanks for the info man =)

I got an AAX Studio Crash for my own room, so I was wondering what how different 'Stage' was. Thanks. heh.

It is my pleasure. Feel free to enquire... :idea:

shred5 said:
Drum Hobbyist,

I think we shld meet up one day and discuss cymbals in general.

I'm a Sabian and Paiste whore.

I'm still aiming for an 18" or 17" AAXplosion Crash. Or Paiste RUDE series.
For Paiste Rude, got to order them from Ranking Sports or gamble online.

I've tried the HHX Power crash, and its my main cymbal right now.

Its a pity that Swee Lee doesn't have a HH Rock crash in stock or that wld become my dream come true.

Yes we should. But for these two months I will be very busy. See how it goes. I will pm you.

For me, I see myself like an art painting collector as I collect cymbals.

Presently, I do have the means to invest in Paiste professonal lines. I will settle for what Ranking Sports has and whatever are left in Swee Lee. I got the Dimensions 20" Power Ride and Innovations 16" Medium Crash. They sounded excellent. I was rather surprise that I can get them on the 2nd day of Swee Lee's year end sale. They are gems. Maybe today's youngsters don't know how to appreciate quality cymbals. The in brand right now is "Sabian". So the majority goes for it.

I am just toying the idea of conducting a "Cymbals Appreciation Course". Crafting a cymbal is really an art. I do the have a long term plan of acquiring Orion, Krest and UFIP cymbals. In fact, with my email with Krest, it is interested in looking for a distributor in Singapore. Know of anyone who may be interested?

Sabian has always been my favorite. It was good that I got the cymbals in the early years. I just love the HH Sound Control cymbals. My Precious.

Well better stop here now. See how we can get like minded drummers to sit down over coffee and interact... :wink:

Maybe today's youngsters don't know how to appreciate quality cymbals. The in brand right now is "Sabian". So the majority goes for it.

hahaha not true!

a couple of us youngsters here own Istanbuls,zildjians and others too :D

happy new year...i know mine will be... :D

drum_hobbyist said:
I got the Dimensions 20" Power Ride I was rather surprise that I can get them on the 2nd day of Swee Lee's year end sale. They are gems.

DAMN!! U got them!!

I was thinking to go Swee Lee this Friday and grab them!!

Anyway, the Dimension series is discontinued and U got urself a collector's item there bro.

That Ride is a monster.

Clear Ping, Articulate wash and Ting.. Love to have but its urs now. Take care of it!!

U cant get it anymore anywhere except from ebay.

Its not abt "Sabian" being the brand of "in-thing". Its the price too.

No doubt, if Yamaha were to have a 50% sale, those Zildjians wld be gone in a mere 10secs or less. :wink:

Hi Frummer,

Actually I was refering to the Swee Lee's sale where they can choose Sabian and Paiste. All the Sabians were snap up except a couple of HH HiHats from the old stocks when Swee Lee was the first dealer for Sabian. Are they choosy in regard to the old Sabian series markings? The two which I eventually got and the 2000 series were still hanging on the cymbal tree. There was this 18" Flat Ride which sounded so good and nobody notice it? I wanted to buy that day but couldn't carry another cymbals as Swee Lee doesn't provide a carrier bag for those cymbal size.

I think I will talk to the lady boss Stella and ask her to sell me at a good price if I will clear the old stock Sabian HH HiHats and Paiste other professional series. And mind you, don't those drummers there during the sale know that 2000 series is a professional line? :?:

Haha, dude, I eyed the Innovations Crash too on the FIRST day of the sale, but due to money problems (I only brought $300 and had to buy a stand, dampener rings and other stuff), I settled for the slightly cheaper Dimension one.

Good to hear that it's discontinued too, it sounds nice and I think I'm quite lucky to get it. Someone left it at the guitar casing area so I compared it with the Innovations Crash (took a damn long time lol), then finally settled for my new Dimension crash. haha.

Btw, the Dimension crash is darn shiny. Nearly blinded myself while cleaning at night. :O

shred5,

Go to Sims Drive to take a look. I was talking to Stella on the 2nd day to find out whether Swee Lee still has stock for Sound Formula and Dimensions and she said they can be found over there.

The Power Ride is indeed awesome. I have been riding it with my drums ever since that day. Even when I walk pass the drum set, I will just take the drum sticks to do some ride patterns on it. I just love the sound! :wink:

Can't blame those Paiste's hanging there bro..

I was abt to grab the Reflector Crash(also discontinued), when a pair of hands are much faster than me.

The Paiste 2000 and Paiste 2002 series were and still the most popular amongst Pro-drummers. (Steward Copeland,Ian Paice, Alex Van Halen, John Bonham, Charlie Benante, Tommy Aldridge,etc) Just to name a few.

I think Swee Lee still has stocks of them stashed somewhere.

Comparing prices between the big 3, Paiste is the most expensive and Sabian being the most $$$ saving.

Its our own personal preference though.

Me aiming the Dimension Power Hats!! :smt098

Back