Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Ah yes, i tested the Reflector crash too the day before sale day 1. Too bad when I got there (at 4pm, lol...), it was gone. I expected it though. lol

I might get another bright sounding cymbal next, or buy a new pair of hats and a decent ride. Next Swee Lee sale... next sale...

:::: MINE::: =))

1. 14'' Zildjian Zxt rock hats
2. 16'' Zildjian Zxt rock Crash
3. 20'' Zildjian Zxt rock ride
4. 18'' zildjian bronze crash
5. 10'' zildjian Zxt Titanium Flash Splash

Going for SABIAN now.. gonnA get STAX and Chinas

Frummer said:
Maybe today's youngsters don't know how to appreciate quality cymbals. The in brand right now is "Sabian". So the majority goes for it.

hahaha not true!

a couple of us youngsters here own Istanbuls,zildjians and others too :D

happy new year...i know mine will be... :D

:lol:

At last can find some paiste fanatics now.So hard to find pple into Paiste last time,its either sabian or zildjian.Come on, Swiss roll is nice but Swiss cymbals are even better... :D

drum_hobbyist said:
The new shipment of Bosphorus cymbals has arrived. Another alternative for Zildjians. Check them out at Accent Music...

Thanxx for the info bro..

recently I bought a 17" HHXplosion Crash and my GWAD!! they sound lovely!

Right now, i'll be aiming for:

22" Sabian power Bell Ride or
22" AAX Metal Ride

and a couple of big size crashes preferably:

18" Sabian AAXplosion
or
17" Sabian Vaults

Too bad that these cymbals are not in Swee Lee availability. Guess I have to grab them online.

On Monday, will be getting a bargain of $300 for Paiste Dark Energy 16" crash. Also getting a Bosphorus 20" Original Ride from Accent for $260. 8)

istanbul

hey anyone know if we can get istanbuls in usa? houston? from your reviews.. i'm deciding istanbul or aax.. cheaper then zxt right?

u can get istanubuls in singapore at ezi music online store or drum resource at excelsior... sweelee has very limited aax's at the moment also... performance set wld cost like 800+, but for aax i wud go 4 stage ride ($290), aaxplosion crash 16" ($210) or 18" and stage hats....if u want to get from one series that is... the prices im listing are the once i got recently, sweelee may or may not raise the prices of their new shipment coming soon

i dono a lot bout instanbuls, i oni noe ezi music sells mehmets... thats y i dont really like em cuz its pretty hard to test the sound, and compared to zildjian and sabian and paiste their variety is not that great... a friend of mine also told me istanbuls crack ezily, dono if that is true haha... but i believe istanbuls will hav a warmer tone as they are those traditional kind of cymbals...

Went for a shopping spree at Swee Lee yesterday.

Bought a Pearl Masters 14" x 5.5" snare and

Sabian 18" HHXtreme crash..

The new shipment for all the latest cymbals will be arriving next month.

Can't wait for it!!

Got the Pearl Masters Retrospecs for $400++

Its a 6ply 7.5mm Maple :lol:

My updated Sabian pics:

P1000244p1.jpg

From left to right:

17" HHXplosion Crash
18" HHXtreme Crash
18" AA Metal-X Crash
20" Hand Hammered 80's Medium Ride
14" AAX Stage Hats
16" HHX Power Crash
14" Pro Mini China

shred5, you Sabian whore! I wanna rob your HHXtreme crash and AAX hats! :lol:

Here's my humble little Sabian collection. Pardon the dark pic.

Sabiancymbals140406small.jpg

From bottom clockwise:
10" Hand Hammered splash
18" Hand Hammered chinese
14" AAX Studio crash
8" Pro Sonix splash
7" HHX Evolution splash

I'm a little Sabian whore myself :lol:

Responding to the request of some, I have fall-in the respective cymbal companies... from left to right - Paiste, Meinl, Istanbul, Bosphorus, Sabian AAs and Sabian HHs... bottom - China made cymbals - Trojan and Wuhan...

P1010039.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS drum_hobbyist!
Your cymbals collection can form a whole 'company' man! Company, fall in! :lol:

Back