Wad cymbals do u guys have...

haha too big la. bo bian la. no money also to get that. but it lie there for so long already wun get dented or anything meh?

alright here is what i have! ALL PAISTE! ALL INNOVATIONS!

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

nice collection bro!
im looking for a ride to complete my dimension set-up though..

Kanzer... the cymbals are still in good condition in both Bras Bahsa and Sims Drive :) always tempted to buy when i am there but will wait for the sales...

haha. alright. but i dun like the way the cymbals are stored. like to respect ar. the way the chuck it. guitar you hang up. our cymbals put nicer la. the shelf aiyo...

Guys,

Just a quick shout out. Starting now, The Music Lab will be accepting special orders on a monthly basis for Turkish Cymbals. The decision is due to the large variety of models the company makes. If we don't provide this service, most of these models may not even make its way down here. Another advantage is that we no longer have to wait 6 months to replenish certain stock that some might eagerly be waiting for.

Do check out the delicious choices at www.turkishcymbals.com

Cheers!

Orion Cymbals from Brazil

Vizius Series

Cymbal Pack -14" Hi-Hat, 16" Thin Crash, 20" Ride with Cymbal Bag + add on 10" Splash

Personally, the darkest sounding B8 alloy I ever heard besides Meinl Amun Series. Can rival or even better than some of the B20 alloy cymbals of the Big 4 cymbal making companies. This series can be suited for Jazz.
P1010059.jpg

Strondo Series

17" Rock Crash

B20 alloy with unique hammer marks. Bright and rich. The best crash I ever heard in this category.
P1010060.jpg

For more details, check out www.orioncymbals.com

Last edited:
Hi! My set up is very basic and is more suited to jazz.

Hi Hats: 14" Istanbul Mehmet Traditional Light (950g/1100g)
Main Ride: 20" Istanbul Mehmet Traditional Original (2250g)
Left Side Ride: 20" Paiste Super (Made in Switzerland) 1960s (1750g)
Effects: Ajax 13" Crash/Splash (Made in England) 1960s (600g)

Looking to get more Istanbul Mehmet Traditional Series Cymbals.

Cheers

It was around $400+... wonderful way to spend some earnings I made previously! =D

I went there to help people get stands and stuff since I thought I had gotten everything else I wanted previously. Then the queue was horribly long, apparently because their computer system broke down... so I was standing there and waiting, and the queue passed next to the boxes of cymbals and!

Hahaha were you looking to buy this?

I see. Well it'll be good if you can give us a soundfile of how it sounds like. I'm not really a Sabian fan, was wondering about if I could see any HHX evolution splash or ozone crash. Nope nothing of that sort.

Anyway, here are some pictures I took with a new acquisition:

Timekeepers
14122008003.jpg

Splash army
14122008002.jpg

Crashes
14122008004.jpg

Family portrait
14122008005.jpg

Kit before cymbals
14122008.jpg

Current setup
14122008007.jpg

Cymbals are:
6.5" Zil Bel
8" K Splash
9" K Custom Hybrid Splash
10" A Custom Splash
14" K/Z Special Dyno Beat Hats
16" K Dark Thin Crash
17" K Custom Fast Crash
18" A Custom Crash
19" K Medium Thin Crash
21" Sabian HH Raw Bell Dry Ride

Last edited:
After the swee lee sale yesterday...

Sabian Hand Hammered HH 20" Jazz Ride
Sabian Signature Mike Portnoy 9" Max Splash (kinda an impulse buy cuz i liked the sound...no i'm not really a mike portnoy fan)
Sabian Pro 16" Studio Crash
Paiste 302 16" Crash
Peavey International Series II start Hi-hats

that's all..i'm saving for a pair of K Light Hats...or can anyone recommend some good jazz hi-hats?

Back