Wad cymbals do u guys have...

about the same price as bosphorous

i ask before but forgotten the exact.

i think you should get versatile cymbals instead of specific sound type like what weckl suggested..

also sometimes you can adjust your touch & control to the genre...not necessary one cymbal is for one specific genre, rather depends on how you use it.

I have a general question to ask the experts here.

Why are unlathed cymbals such a hard-sell here ? Accent seems to have stopped bringing in the Turks and not many shop carry fully unlathed rides, for example.

I know they are niched but is it so niched that you cannot play an unlathed cymbal in a soft-rock or fusion setting for example ?

Hi I am no expert here too-just based on my own personal experience and opinion and some info I gathered from Accent here:-

I do not understand why you had the impression that "unlathed cymbals" are a hard-sell here (meaning pushing hard to sell).

Yes Accent had bring less of the Turks Rides (a fully unlathed rides) in because of demand (their sales history shows) this is how they based their ordering of cymbals. I knew because I have to place an order for my "Master" Crash from them (when asked why they brought in the Master Rides & Hats but not Crash - the answer was- Demand" - - - As regards to the Turks Rides, some of my friends prefer the "lathed" ones because they say the Turks have less "sustain" and they prefer it with a little more sustain....this feedback was given to Accent Music. To me they are nice (the Turks) - so what I did - I bought the "Master Turks" to have the inbetween of both world.

"unlathed cymbals" are niche in a way - because they are usually darker less over-tone and thus more suitable for only certain kind of Music eg. Jazz. which I also use lathed cymbals - they sound different and I needed both types to give me the colours here and sometimes depending on the song I am doing at the time.

"fully unlathed rides" or "fully unlathed crash" will normally not be preferred in a Rock situation - but "lathed" ones - yes eg "The Antique Series" by Bosphorus.

PS; - Music Lab do sells what you prefered as in "fully unlathed rides" even Crash and Hats - if you want them - they are all Hand-Made and the price is very competitive and reasonable....They are call "Turkey" and you can't eat them though hahahahaha --- Nah I'm just pulling your legs, - they are call "Turkish"

you should try the China - it's beautiful.llllllllllllllllll really...but no more stock have to order them

Last edited:
Thank you, RudimentalDrummer for your thoughts and insights. Yes, I will try the cymbals from MusicLab.

Thanks guys for all the insights. This is one great forum ! :)

Got my Zildjian hand hammered by Myner today! He's really awesome!!

Thanks man!

Pictures of the cymbal after the hammering -
Its a 20" ZBT Rock Ride

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Now it has a slightly darker sound, and the crash's really in your face

I use...

AAX studio hats 14" (the last pair of hats i've tried that felt like it was zildjian's new beat hats. thin, bright, very responsive.)

HH med-thin crash 16" (bought from a softie sometime back.. can't remember who though! :p )

HHXtreme crash 18" (bought from marcdadrummer! thanks for such a great deal! i've used it at a rehearsal once and it's really great.. love that shimmer!)

HHXplosion crash 18" (belongs to my bassist's kit at home.. haha but i chose it at a swee lee sale for him and i'm the one bashing it most of the time! it's v loud. nice to end a song with it..)

AAX stage ride 20" (served me well for the past 3 yrs or so. can't imagine a better ride for playing live. does exactly what i want it to do. but for smaller settings it's quite jarring sometimes and needs more control. bright overtones)

not trying to act like some sabian endorsed dude or anything. it just so happened that i bought my AAXs as a pack-set at my first swee lee sale last time..and all the good deals in the Buy/Sell section all happened to be sabians too..

:)

Composer of Requiems: Lol congrates on getting your new cymbal. Never really tried turkish cymbals before.In fact, I havent even heard of how they sound like.

haha that 18 crash. lol they leave there so long yet no body wants. but too bad it does not fit into my playing settings. too big la. haha you go get it dh!

Back