Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Well, I was very fortunate to be able to test it out before buying this pair 'cos my friend owns a pair as well.

Yup, they discontinued these.

Short review:

Perfect! :mrgreen: Ha. By bright you mean A Custom bright? It certainly is not. Very clear stick when closed. Ride it half open or open, and damn, Trashy. Dark as well. I'm thinking this pair would go very well with my Agop Mel Lewis!

This pair is a definite keeper.

Last edited:
This is the Bosphorus Master 17" Crash that I've got from Accent Music (took 5 months to order before it came in) as it is Custom Made.....a very beautiful sounding crash indeed...and Value For Money.

1.jpg

3-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

The Agop Mel Lewis 13" Hats are in:

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5563.jpg

Taken with a Canon Powershot A620.

Decided to do a random shot of the stamp and logo on the 24" '60s Avedis Crash/Ride I got from tc_zen. Taken with a D70 fitted with a kit lense.

DSC_0014.jpg

Last edited:
And also a 21" Meinl Byzance Medium Ride; Taken with a D70 fitted with a kit lense.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Check out the hammering.

Pardon the crappy pictures.

Kari_convention: The ride Benny Greb's using is a 21" Byzance Extra Dry Medium Ride. Very nice. The gentleman who sold it to me says he's clearing out his other Byzance cymbals. He mentioned a 16" crash which would be a very nice sonic match to this ride. Keep checking back to Luther for more great deals.

Luthermusic Classifieds: Drums and Percussion

And thanks for the compliments.

Last edited:
Istanbul Samatya Ride and Crash

Hello all,

Been looking at these forums and also have been keeping track of the threads about Samatya Ride and Crash.

Went for long test drive of the Samatya the other day and while I really love those 20" ride and 14" and 16" crash, they sounded too bright and too much sustain for the music I usually play to and learn with.

You probably will not believe the cymbals I have now and comparing the above with. Its the Paiste 101 Brass. :( I know. I know - they are the most beginning of the beginner series but the Paiste 101 Ride and Crash are darker sounding and considering the enclosed room that I usually play in, they suit me better :) They are also more focused and the have lesser sustain (due to the dimples design all over the cymbals). :)

However, the Samatya cymbals does sound more full-bodied and will definitely suit drummer who usually puts on a show outside. Yes, they are definitely value-for-money.

...BUT...the Istanbul Mehmet Custom Dry 22" Ride is definitely definitely hellava piece. Full dark bodied sound -mmmmmm ! For SGD500+, I would have to give up a lot just for that great piece of metal. :D

woah jeepers cymbal whore sia u!!! hahaha cannot stop the GAS AH???

hahaha stop la save money for a rainy day hahaha.... AND IM DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SELL THEIR A CUSTOM 18" CRASH FOR about 200 to 220.. hahaha

should i make the change from a sabian hhxtreme to a A custom 18"?

Yes I can't stop GAS-ing. I want to try out as many sounds as I can, as long as they are within my budget, before I decide on which particular pieces I want. Then I will trim the herd. These were very very reasonably priced.

I've got enough money for many rainy days.

You shouldn't be asking us that. If you want to switch your HHXtreme for the A Custom, do it. If not, don't. Ultimately, it's you who will be playing it, not us.

[EDITED] And I'm convinced you can't get an 18" A Custom crash for between $200-$220. I just sold my 15" KCDC for that price. But oh well, you never know.

Last edited:
yeah well there's a guy selling a 18" A custom projection for 200.... till now no buyers so i guess still on ah....

haha im just afraid it won't suit the gang that i have... PROJECTIon sehh hahaha..

im selling off the hhxtreme for 230.. tho im quite half hearted to change it to a A custom... im really looking for a AAXPlosioin tho hahaha...

and can get la, u buy ur ride 250 leh! hahahah gotta scout around for good deals apart from those that are sold on the 2nd hand price market.

If you're looking to trade your HHXtreme for an AAXplosion, I may be able to do you a deal..

But mine's a 16" though. I think you wanted smth bigger right?

hi guys! sorry i've not been active for a while :p
anyways,here's a picture that does more justice to the beautiful paiste dimension thin crash i attained not long ago haha.
Paiste_Dimension_Series_by_churner.jpg

jeepers: omg u made me drool so bad.....lol

Indeed, very nicely taken. What camera and lense did you use for this shot?

And thanks! You should come over and snap pictures of my cymbals for me some time! You're in NP, right? Unless I recognised the wrong person.

Good to know there are fellow drummers into photography as well.

Indeed, very nicely taken. What camera and lense did you use for this shot?

And thanks! You should come over and snap pictures of my cymbals for me some time! You're in NP, right? Unless I recognised the wrong person.

Good to know there are fellow drummers into photography as well.

i used a canon f1.8 MkII lens on a 350D for that shot
and yea im in NP! gosh what a small world...

Dear Fellas,

I am looking for a pair of hi-hats (used ones) that is NOT so bright-sounding in tone but has a full-bodied sound. Any recommendations or references ?

Back