Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Bro Mel: - Real Nice collection of Sabian Cymbals.

DH: - I like the colour of the Turca (Hokkien call Pig-Leg) China you bought...looks freak-out too.

PS: - Now I'm hoping I can get a piece of Trash Cymbals from "Johan The CymbalSmith" who just pass-away this week as remembrance .....I hope I can get a piece of his ArtWork...he still have those Cymbals for sale, but I dunno who will manage that for him?.....hopefully they come back to me. I really miss his fine work - he is really gifted....what a lost to us all.

Regards

Eric

Last edited:
RD, you can get Johan's stuff from eBay, Cymbal Cellar and other sites.

A suggestion from one of the 'holics on Cymbalholic.

http://www.cymbalholic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=285947&postcount=77

I wonder if there's any way we, as an online community can help his family? Was he married?

We could perhaps take a paypal whip-round and use the money to buy some of the cymbals which we could then post around members here. We could each see his work first hand and then there could be closed ebay auctions for members only to buy the cymbal he/she most enjoyed on the tour. Then, of course the money would go to those that survive him...

Any thoughts? Better ideas?

13" Istanbul Agop Mel Lewis HH (Shipment coming in Aug)
14" Paiste Sound Formula Sound Edge HH (Bought from Blissuicide to try, might sell)
15" Zildjian A Sweet HH (Just won auction off evilbay)

15" K Custom Dark Crash
16" A Custom Crash
16" K Custom Session Crash
17" K Custom Dark Crash
17" A Custom Crash

22" Sabian Artisan Medium Ride (Would be interested in trading for a 22" Artisan Light)
24" Zildjian A '60s Ride (Sometime this week)

18" Zildjian A China Boy Low

Current setup:

17" K Custom Dark Crash (Top) / 17" A Custom Crash (Bottom)
18" Zildjian A China Boy Low/15" K Custom Dark Crash stack
22" Sabian Artisan Medium Ride

Pictures will be up once those cymbals that are on the way arrive.

Last edited:
just wanna share my Zildjian cymbals here. Still left with a ride to complete my cymbal setup. Anyone wanna sell their 20" K Custom Ride (Brilliant) ???

just pick this babies yesterday. bought it from Ishibashi for an insane price
14" A New Beats hats

444-1.jpg

this one also from Ishibashi. fairly cheap price as well!!!
18" A Medium Thin Crash

5.jpg

this one is my favourite! bought it from a local drummer here.
18" K Custom Dark Crash

kcustom_dark_crash18.jpg

both crashes
6.jpg

:razz: Savings, my dear friend, savings! Just got in the 24" '60s A Crash/Ride from tc_zen. Very nice. Will post up pictures of my current collection tomorrow, then post up again when both the pairs of hats are in.

Looking to sell off the 15" and 16" Zildjian crashes, by the way.

Kari_Convention: Hell sexy KCDC you have there. Now get one of those discontinued 20" A Custom crashes and you're gooooooooooood to go!

GAS GAS GAS

Last edited:
:razz: Savings, my dear friend, savings! Just got in the 24" '60s A Crash/Ride from tc_zen. Very nice. Will post up pictures of my current collection tomorrow, then post up again when both the pairs of hats are in.

Looking to sell off the 15" and 16" Zildjian crashes, by the way.

Kari_Convention: Hell sexy KCDC you have there. Now get one of those discontinued 20" A Custom crashes and you're gooooooooooood to go!

GAS GAS GAS
i'm done with crash.. i am looking for a ride currently. 20" K Custom Ride to be specific :D

13" Agop Mel Lewis and 15" Zildjian Sweet HHs not in yet. So here's what I have with the new addition to the family: The 24" Zildjian A '60s Ride

Taken with a D80 with kit lens.

DSC_0013.jpg

9" Turkish Classic Splash

14" Paiste Sound Formula Sound Edge HH (On loan to tc_zen)

15" K Custom Dark Crash
16" A Custom Crash
16" K Custom Session Crash (On loan to a friend)
17" K Custom Dark Crash
17" A Custom Crash

22" Sabian Artisan Medium Ride (Would be interested in trading for a 22" Artisan Light)
24" Zildjian A '60s Ride

18" Zildjian A China Boy Low

Current setup on the kit; from left to ride:

17" Hats; 17" K Custom Dark Crash (top) / 17" A Custom Crash (bottom)
22" Artisan Medium Ride (Temporary LSR)
9" Turkish Classic Splash
18" China Boy Low over 15" K Custom Dark Crash
24" Zildjian A '60s Ride

Last edited:
jeepers:wow....unique setup...17" HH.....crash over china....nice collection....

Can I know how is the sound of the china boy...I seen a used one at Drum Resources... what is it useful for if you can enlighten me...thks in advance....

I heard about that Sabian Artisan Ride from a fellow drummer...seem like the "in-ride" now...

You don't intend to go for the Turca's ride anymore I suppose?:)

jeepers:
Ahhh finally! Got to love the Artisan and Chinaboy man. I recorded with a 18" Chinaboy before. Sounds great when used for accents in a rock recording! :D

Last edited:
lester_music: Hey thanks buddy! It's actually the china over the crash, heh.

Hmm. The China Boy Low. It's really nice; low and trashy. Very cutting. I use it more as a crash than an effect cymbal. It's definitely for rock, heavier music. I don't see it being used in lighter music like jazz and whatnots. With the right stick and touch though, you never know!

I normally play it bell side up though, most drummers have their chinas inverted.

You can drop by one day and mess around on the kit if you want. I'll be more than willing to play host. You can bring your Turca cymbals over and we can have our own Drum Exchange! ;)

The in-ride? Hah, not to me. The cymbals, to me, that are creating all the buzz now are from Zildjian and Meinl. Drummers round the world, even some skeptics, are raving about the Zildjian K Light series and recently the Zildjian's Pitch Blacks have been getting a lot of attention (Not good, though). Check them out if you haven't. :)

Meinl, for me, is the in brand. Pretty damn interesting stuff their cymbals are. The only turn off is the price, I tell you. I can only hope to own a set of Meinls one day.

The Turca ride? Ha! I'll definitely go for it if Terry decides to sell them off individually. I think it's a fantastic cymbal and LSR, doesn't even need rivets. It opens up so well, gorgeous crash to follow, pretty good stick on it, a wee bit too light though (imho). Turca was on to something good! An absolutely shame they fell out with each other.

Mel! Hah! Yeah I'm loving them both. I'm looking for a bigger china now though. Put up an ad on Buy/Sell to sell a bunch of cymbals and the China Boy's one of them. Might keep though, if I don't get an offer than interests me.

Last edited:
Elaborate.

You're more than welcome to drop by my place and check these out. If I've got every piece, you do a public apology in the local papers.

dude dont get me wrong. i truly believe you have all the cymbals. it just that the picture you upload is like you use Photoshop to stack all the cymbals like that because the shading and what not is not 'real'.

anyway, nice collection of cymbals!! and 17" hats? Man, i got to try it one day.

Be more specific in the future then. I don't appreciate such comments being made about me, questioning my integrity.

My apologies, I'm a novice photographer. The picture was taken without any additional lighting. Natural lighting. D80 and kit lense.

You can try it out with your pair of 18" crashes.

jeepers:
Keep the 18" chinaboy if you can help it man. 18" is already quite huge for a China ley. The china is awesome for rocking out! IMHO, it's pity to let it go, really.

bloody hell.. 24" ride... damn big.. confirm damn heavy huh?
my 21" ride also nowadays i dont bring to jamming... hahahahaha heavy sia...
18" china.. wonder how it really sounds like.. would like to try it one day....
my fren haf a 19" sabian china (i think its sabian ah, if i'm not wrong) yet to take from him and try it out..
hahaha.. confirm damn garang!

mel80: Hahah yeah I can help it. Not in need of cash or anything. I'll consider the incoming offers and see how it goes. I actually prefer something bigger (22" maybe?); lower and more ridable. If not I'd definitely keep it.

DullTheater: Haha yeah 24" ride. Yup it is quite a load, but I've had this obsession about huge ass cymbals since I started visiting Cymbalholic! Ugh.

Naz, you can drop by one day and check the china out. 19" Sabian China.. Nice. I'm considering a 20" HHX Chinese man. Damn sweet that one.

Nice cymbal setup Jeepers... 17" hats is off the hook.... A custom and K custom crashes, ya can crash it with open hats .. Wonder how it sound like.

Back