Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Wow jeepers, your cymbals are the sex man, really hardcore cymbalholic. :mrgreen: How much have you already invested in all these already?

You know what? I'm also planning to go for the A custom and KCDC combination for myself, either 18 A with 17 KCDC or 17 A with 16 KCDC. Shall look around more first.

Ps. I wanna play your pies soon!! lol.

fuyoh jeepers!!! baik setup siolz!!! hahaha, since now im im a all sabian setup except my hats and splashes, now i thinking of going all zildjian... hahahaha!

hey can anyone recommend me cymbals that goes well with vault crash? im thinking of changing them HHXtremes to A customs... any suggestions from A custom users out there?? hehe..

particularly the 18" sizes... thanks!

A Customs are rather bright... hence i usually go for bigger sizes 17" and above for a much balanced sound... The K Customs sessions and fast crash are cymbals ya can't missed out... Versatile and fantastic sound. :)

heavenbjorn: Thanks buddy! They sound divine. Seems like I'll have to do up a sound clip of the hats. ;) Use a K Dark Thin top and you'll get a drier chick and stick.

spinninsticks: Hey hey, thanks my friend! Uh I can't remember how much exactly, but it certainly is a substantial amount!

And what will happen to your Paistes if you decide to go all Z way? :mrgreen:

Sure man, pop by one day! Let me know in advance though!

marcdadrummer: Thanks mate! Woah. Make up your mind already! Ha jkjk! I haven't tried out your kit (You're toooooo far, lah!) but it seems perfect! Nice blend of sounds, good colour.

Going all Z way has been my ultimate objective, I'll still keep my paistes they sound lovely! I wanna pair em' up with the Twenty Light Ride PROVIDED I have spare cash. LOL. Still thinking about what hats to go with. But the Zs are top priority heh heh.

I is Uni-brand freak. :D

Ohh I see! Wah. The Twenty Light Ride. Me is pretty tempted to get it too. Have you heard the crash on both the 20" and the 22"? Crazzzy! Loved it. Paistes.. Signature Dark Crisp or Dark Energy! :D Lovely hats they are!

6" Zil Bel
8" K Splash
10" A Custom Splash
14" K/Z Dyno Beats Hi Hats
16" K Dark Thin Crash
17" K Custom Fast Crash
18" K Custom Hybrid Crash
18" Oriental China Trash
21" Hand Hammered Raw Bell Dry Ride

Having tried the 17" and 18" A Custom Crashes, i would suggest get the 18". The 16" 17" A Custom Crashes open up with this 'gong' that I don't really like and personally, I have tried out the 18" at Mr Boatman's place at the Rhythm House and Alvron Studio where they have this 18". Both sounded really like a bright, piercing crash without the 'gong' in the smaller sizes.

Last edited:
Jeepers: I've been toying with the idea of a 24" Ride to be used as a sorta crash/ride. Hmmm. Get an Istanbul 24" Ride to be used as that? =)

Anyway, might as well jump onto the bandwagon. Here's my setup:

13" Paiste Signature Dark Crisp hats
10" Zildjian A Custom Splash
16" Paiste Signature Dark Energy Mark I crash
18" Paiste Innovations Crash
20" Paiste Signature Dark Energy Mark II Ride

Quite a paiste guy, but lately been quite gian for those istanbul agops.
So it'll either be one of the Istanbul Agops for a new 14" hihat, or a 14" Dark Energy Mark II hihat. hmmm :D

have anyone tried/own 20" K Custom Ride (Brilliant)????

Yeap, I've got one. What kinda sound are you seeking? What music do you play?

It's got a killer killer bell and pretty great stick definition without being overly dry.

I've noticed a build-up of overtones that can be pretty overwhelming/harsh (for me) when playing alone, but with a full band, it's gone.

I was having thoughts about selling mine, but once I put it up on the stand I knew that would be difficult. Think that says something about it. :D

KCR_01.jpg

KCR_02.jpg

KCR_03.jpg

Made my day, Weckl-x.

Darkcrisp: Very nice collection. I don't think Ezimusic is bringing 24" rides in this shipment.

beautiful indeed. i just started my collection:

20' K ride
18' K CrashRide
17' A Fast Crash

Thinking of adding a china and constantinople hi hats maybe.

jeepers:

Thks for your warm Invite....will pm u one of this days if I m free....

thks for your advice...I just return back to drumming only recently..so lotsa stuff to learn...

Drums Resources has a USED 18" china boy high selling at $300.00(Pretty good condition ...is it a good price?What is the usual price?can anyone help?

Yeap, I've got one. What kinda sound are you seeking? What music do you play?

It's got a killer killer bell and pretty great stick definition without being overly dry.

I've noticed a build-up of overtones that can be pretty overwhelming/harsh (for me) when playing alone, but with a full band, it's gone.

I was having thoughts about selling mine, but once I put it up on the stand I knew that would be difficult. Think that says something about it. :D

KCR_01.jpg
wow wow wow...

even without the K wording she still look gorgeous!!!

i am aware of the washiness of this ride but i have yet tried it in person. i play mainly rock and i need the strong bell tone and clean stick definition and i also rarely crash on my ride (why would i? i have 18" crash for that purpose :D)

do you think it will fit?

Pictures of the Sweet hats. Taken with a D70 with kit lense.

DSC_0053-1.jpg

DSC_0050-1.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

kari_convention: Are the pictures photoshopped this time? Somehow I feel you aren't convinced that I own the cymbals that I've listed.

Oh well, easy to misinterpret over the internet.

Current setup:

9" Turkish Classic Splash (Occasionally on the snare)
15" A Sweet Hats
17" K Custom Dark Crash
18" A China Boy Low; bell side up.
24" A '60s Ride.

wow. this is my first time to see Sweet Hats. Dont even know this one exist. So they discontinued this already?

great collection man. any review on this? bright?

Back