Wad cymbals do u guys have...

More Turca cymbal acquisitions...

Mini chinas 9", 11" and 13"
Turcachinas.jpg

Crashes 15" and 17"
Turcacrashes.jpg

nice TURCA....what is rough price for the 17" Crash...before discount price is ok...hehe....just wanna have an idea before i make my trip down...

Call Terry for the pricing. Turca has ceased production because the chief cymbal smith left due to some disagreement. Turca may close down. As it is, Pro Musique will not be bringing in the cymbals. That means whatever were brought in are collector's item. The special orders that I made, Pro musique brought in an extra of each. Grab them and be the one of the two to own such cymbals in Singapore :)

Sabian family portrait

An update with my latest purchase:

Sabian 20" Hand Hammered Duo ride

Sabian-HHDuoRide20inch.jpg

Takes quite a bit of learning to use it properly, due to the different surfaces. Bright overtones on the lathed surface, dark and dry on the raw surface. Crash-able at the lathed surface too. A versatile ride, IMHO. Love it to bits!

Updated Sabian family portrait:

Sabian-familyportrait290608-02.jpg

From top row, left to right:
Hand Hammered 20" Duo Ride
Hand Hammered 16" Thin Chinese
HHX 14" Groove Hats
AA 16" Thin Crash
HHXtreme 16" Crash
AAX 14" Crash
AAX 16" Ozone Crash
Hand Hammered 18" Chinese
AA 22" Rock Ride (SOLD)

From bottom row, left to right:
Prosonix 8" Splash
HHX 7" Evolution Splash
Hand Hammered 6" Splash

Sabian family with Meinl 16" Generation X Filter Chinese (added screws):

Sabian-familyportrait290608-withMei.jpg

Last edited:
went down to pro musique...Had a good time talking to Terry cause we work in the same music company before....It was great..took a long time to choose what i want.....

Here they are:

DSC00206.jpg

OMG.......Beautiful cymbals from both of u....

mel80: wad a family u have there....muz have cost u a bazooka bomb on them...bt then again, if u love them, it wun matter how much it cost...love the sabian family man...

lester_music: Turca cymbals are SEXY......will try to make my way to pro musique one of these days to try out the cymbals..... So how do the turca cymbals rank between other turkish brands?????

then again, beautiful and loving family of Sabian n sexy cymbals frm turca

By any chances lester_music, you are the same guy that imports rare scores (for concert/symphonic band and solos ) to sg?

zack11:
Thanks for the kind words. I build up the Sabian family over several years. Just 1 or 2 cymbals a year until what it is today. Got to love them! :D

DH....NO...i did not....

However, I did try on it....I like it's dryness.....hehehe.....but i can only buy one ride......is it still there?...

I bought another ride.....all as a set with the 14" HH and the 16" crash...

Thanks J....

I did try on a brillant one but don't really like.....i reserved one something like the Sabian Hand-hammered kinda surface type...what is the word to describe this type? Lathed? How to prounounce?..hehe

I know you r serious J...hehe...all the best...I am sure someone will

:D No worries!

Heh. It's a perfect LSR for jazz, imho. Superb crash and a pretty nice stick with a just-about-right wash. I'd like it to be about 200 grams heavier though.

I'm not too sure about Sabian cymbals, I didn't really check out that many Turca cymbals as well. Only saw the raw unlathed ones and the brilliant rides I really really dug.

Back