Wad cymbals do u guys have...

hmmm... think Eric can only come around 4pm this time round.. so think we'll have to hold over the Paiste Twenty review/try out till the 12th Xchange..

dh bro... whats on the cymbal menu for this coming saturday? :mrgreen:

Thanks for the feedback RD !

Seems like the Paiste twenty is fairly costly as well eh. If its based on the quotation by jeepers then its just a 20 bucks difference from the k hybrid hats for the Paiste twenty hats. Shall give it some thought before burning my wallet. :mrgreen:

I've already Pm-ed Daniel about his full crashes. I like the sound of the full crashes from the paiste website, still alittle doubtful if it matches the twenty 13" hats and 21" ride though.

No matter what thanks to all who have provide feedback. Cheers!

Plainsman... Istanbul Mehmet Sultan series is the special menu of the day... the special is 9" splash, 13" hi-hat, 15" crash and 19" ride

yup the paiste twentys are cost almost the same as signatures.

i'm not a huge fan of the paiste twenty series, i prefer darker sounds so DEs DEs!

oh sweet lineup bro D_H! does the 19" crash well?

nah. i like the DE crashes lol. got an artisan med ride which i'm loving more and more each time i play it. and i'm considering either the 13" groove or manhattan jazz hats. still looking at all possiblities. agop and bosphorus both have superb hats as well. tough tough tough choice.

heh D_H, my bad! would like to see it. most of the 19" rides i'm come across so far are light rides, or crash/rides.

Paiste Alpha series has arrived... those who missed the Innovation series can find similarities in the Alphas. New stocks for 2002 and Twenty series.

Meinl new shipment is also in... cymbal set for Mb8, Mb10 and Sound Caster. New stocks for Mb20, Byzance and Classic series.

Check them out in Ranking. Will soon post pics of new acquisitions.

woah finally the alphas. i've been waiting for those to hit the singapore shelves.

Whats the prices like for the alphas?

Yeah went to Ranking and left 5 minutes before DH was there.....Tried the New-Alpha-Series - it's nice.

Ok so now I have my Collection of Basic Paiste TWENTY's Cymbals.

14" Hi-Hats
16" Crash
18" Crash
20" Ride
10" Splash
14" Thin China (wow.wwww simply amazing - Thks DH for picking his one for me)

PS"- Wanted to sell my 18" Crash (it's quite Warm not bright) - can call me at 97989977, if you want it. (It's New I dont play it)....Retailing at S$530.00 at Ranking (before discount) - Negotiable.

Latest acquisitions...

Meinl Mb8 20" Medium Ride... the best of B8 alloy... good stick definition and glassy tones...
Mb8Ride.jpg

Meinl Soundcaster Custom 16" Medium Crash... the best of B12 alloy... open up like a B20 hand hammered crash
SouncasterCustom16Crash.jpg

Meinl Classics 10" Splash... should check this out... great sound at a great price...
Classic10Splash.jpg

Meinl Amun 13" Bottom Hat... old stock from Ranking... the top hat was missing... alternative sound when played with Meinl Custom Cymbal Shop Fusion 13" Top Hat
Amun13Bottomhat.jpg

Last edited:
Paiste Alpha 14" Medium Crash... though rank lower than 2002 series... in my opinion sounds better...
Alpha14Crash.jpg

Paiste Alpha 15" and 17" Sensitive China... the best of B8 alloy... surprisingly dark tones...
AlphaSensitiveChina.jpg

Hi All, If you're thirsty for more cymbals...come check out the new shipment of Turkish! Fresh out of the oven!!

A quick note to all current Turkish owners....we finally managed to nail some really rare Turkish cymbal cases....only 5!! Grab them while you can!

See you soon!

Back