Wad cymbals do u guys have...

I think it's probably because the so called 'original' Wuhans from the States have better quality control?

maybe mel80's right.. but the original wuhan imports from states are more driven towards drumset application rather than having a thick and thinner pair (as found locally)...

they do sound a world difference.. i got to hear it during shred5's jamming/gig at beat merchants... they sound more "nicer".

hehe

hmmm... interesting!

technically, the china should all sound the same as they come from same factory.

butt... problem is, the logos (wuhan or small chinese words) aside, different day different worker and different shipment will have different sound.

cos, they mixed the alloy sometimes will hit-or-miss abit, then the hammer (tang-tang-tang) also sometimes abit hit-or-miss, maybe the hammerer didn't have good night sleep.... or perhaps he lack of sleep, got better "feel" for hammering... haha!!! :mrgreen:

bottom line, logos aside... a nice cymbal is a nice cymbal.

different folks have different idea what sounds nice too.

sooo.... u try one that sounds nice.. better grab it fast!!!

who knows, u order one WUHAN from USA, end up the sound EXACTLY same as your small wording one... then u really squeeze b*** .....

cheers

yeah alfie's spot on!! with wuhan, it's all about luck.. one would sound nice and the other would sound like crap... miss hammer or the hammerer ask the son to hammer and he hammer salah how..

but after reading reviews from musicianfriends, i came to a conclusion that wuhan america is a tad bit thinner - thus more trashier... and many have complained why it's soo cheap there - factoring and comparing other branded chinas there... and their chinese tend to crack easier...

during our trip to paya lebar (me,chunleng,reuben and gang)... reuben got a pair of chinese, but the other half of the pair has cracked alongside... maybe due to handling...

so far, i've whacked my 14" as hard as i can - can see the hit marks like in-dents but never crack - as yet.. haha

bottom line... if u hit that china, u like.. go buy... :D

when you buy cymbals from a lion dance shop, they are meant as hand china's. which has to have a thinner and thicker cymbal. like a pair of concert band cymbals the thicker one is below, then thinner one to crash. another example would be hi-hats.

just to let you guys know. :)

All I know is - They are call Wuhan, because in China itself - The state - Wuhan makes this Chinas...and there is many many Different Chinese Company doing this in Wuhan - Some are the more Famous & Big Company and many small ones - How do I know ? - Me wify was there, but because she is not a drummer - she doesn't know how to buy a good one for me.

She got one for me (with no chop & it's shinning) - I hit it once & sold it - cause I dont like the sound.

The originate so-call Wuhan - is those use for The Lion Dance as mentioned - The ones with the Square-Red-Chinese-Chop - in Chinese it states - WUHAN in Mandarin.

There are just Too-Many Companies in Wuhan (China) making Wuhan - - You can all brand your own there too.

Last edited:
NewKZ.jpg

My new K/Z hats came in from Musicianfriend's last week!

Collection.jpg

14" Zildjian K/Z hats
21" HHRBDR
13"x5 Pearl Signature Omar Hakim Snare

I just bought a set of Paiste "Twenty" Cymbals - basically a 14" Hats, 16 & 18" Crash and a 20" Ride - that's all .... I don't say it sounded Fantastic really, but it's ok - so so lah not bad.... You know lah - this kind of Brand thing - I'm pretty a Paiste guy you know...so I bought it - I will let you all try it at the Xchange ok ...

Eric

heard the ride's really awesome... tho the hats lack that "chicky" feel to it.

- based on watching brochu performance clip which can be downloaded in paiste's website.

The “TWENTY” 20” Ride is nice to ride and very Crashable – I simply love it.

The 16” Crash – is pretty warm – I’m referring to the one I pick – because they are hand-hammered (I tried both 16” Crash available at Ranking) and found that one is extremely Bright (sad to say) – YES…it is hand-hammered and thus the difference, but as regards to uniformity – such great difference also means that – they do sound different…..This is not good generally speaking………..because of the wide variance I found in my 16” crash.

As regards to the 18” Crash – I really have no choice at all – There is only one piece left for me (no comparison done) – but I love the sound as it is not a very bright sounding one – but also I have to admit – not fantastic sounding as what I wanted.

For the 14” Hi-Hats – lucky me there is 2 sets to choose from – so I tested and took the one with a pretty good chick-sound – this Hats is pretty nice.eeee no regret

It’s not really cheap and I paid all in all S$1700.00 (plus including a Paiste Cymbal Bag)….

PS: - I've place an order for the "TWENTY" - 10" Splash and a 14" Thin China already...

Last edited:
paiste whore! heh.

woah eh must rest la you eric. dont run here run there buy heavy cymbals la. :mrgreen:

eh bro, how come you never reply my pm about the ride?

Sorry Jeeper - I was really so busy with my work - but I did reply you though a few days later -did you not received it? The Cymbals is with me now I took it back yesterday - call me anytime.

DH - No I am not going to be a Cymbalholic - cause these Bronze are damn Heavy man and I really dunno how to take care of Cymbals (I just cant keep them looking Shinny and clean like yours - looks NEW)- yeah like what Jeeper says. But yes I bought it for certain reasons mainly I am a loyal Paiste fan....just like Paiste that's all - Brand Name.

Last night I brought the "TWENTY" (14'Hats, 16" Crash and the 20" Ride) for my Jazz-Rehersal for the 1st time) .... I don't think it's really suitable for Jazz - the Cymbal is not that Dry and Dark (which I dont expect it to be - as Paiste claim that it's quite Versatile) as my Bosphorus Cymbals, The TWENTY's Cymbal sustain is quite great - But I do like the Hats surprisingly - it's nice.ee. Overall My Bassists prefer the Bosphorus than the TWENTY.

The TWENTY are OK I would say (But certainly not that great) - this is my own personal perception (but some of my friends says it sounded good), but you guys have to try it out for yourself really which I will bring it along at the next comming Xchange for all to try - have a feel of it Bros/Sis - I guess it's not that bad, just different....but I dont like the 16" Crash ley (I Dunno why).....

Playing Jazz with my TWENTY taught me something very valuable (though it's a really costly learning/lesson I guess hahaha) was that I have to control and have a very soft touch on my Ride when playing Jazz with it - it's hard, but quite fun...especially when I have to ride very fast and soft (It's terrible)....but nevertheless good learning...I think I will get used to it later-on.

DH told me that the “TWENTY” are Hand-Hammered B20 Bronze..and it’s definitely true, but the Hammering ….Aiyah (How to say har) much to my surprise between the two pieces of 16” Crash as mention earlier (Disparity in sound was great) – I know this prove it’s Hand-Hammered, but such difference is so Obvious - - - Hm.mmmm maybe Paiste still have a lot to learn on the area of Hand-Hammering (or maybe not – hammered Cymbals are supposed to have distinct differences) - - - - Do not be mistaken that I am demarketing Paiste here (How could I) – I’ve spend a Bomb on it’s Signature and New Signature Series…

So - - - To clear this up – I better let you all try this coming Meetup and kindly give me your honest Opinion on the TWENTY ok – but must take care of my Cymbals hor like your own. ….Thank You

bro when you get new cymbals usually got adjustment period.

even when u try and like it at the shop doesn't mean it will be all the way happening when you start to use it in jamming/gigs

try to reserve judgement until u spend some time on it.

take your time to explore the cymbal. maybe it doesn't make u feel comfortable like the older cymbals, its a good chance to think outside the box and see if it give u other possibilities that the previous cymbals didn't have.

if its louder/heavier, u might want to try change of sticks and see how.

cheers!

Hi RD bro,

Just wondering how much does the paiste twenty hats and ride cost ? I was imensely drawn to the sound of the K hybrids followed by Paiste Twenty after an afternoon's worth of cymbal scouting. The K hybrids are way out of my budget though.. if the Paiste Twenty prices are within my budget then my 1st set of cymbals might be the Paistes then. But I'm still uncertain what crashes to match them as I didn't really like the sound of the crashes on 1st impression.

Cheers

14" hats : $590
16" crash: $365
18" crash: 440
20" ride: $505

got only 3 sets i think so if you want, better go get 'em fast. looks pretty much like the Signature series.

here you go, bro spinninsticks. check out page 104. some posts about the twenty series.

Last edited:
hi guys,

dun really know where should this go.. but just curious.. anyone knows if its possible to purchase the electronic hi-hats of yamaha DXTXPLORER IV and used it on a DXTXPLORER?

Hi RD bro,

Just wondering how much does the paiste twenty hats and ride cost ? But I'm still uncertain what crashes to match them
Cheers

HI Bro -

I Paid to Ranking - total = S$1700.00 (but for the below) - I don't know the Breakdown

(1) Twenty Paiste 14" Hi-Hats
(2) Twenty Paiste 16" Crash
(3) Twenty Paiste 18" Crash
(4) Twenty Paiste 20" Ride.
(5) Paiste Cymbal Bag

PS: - I know the Paiste Cymbal-Bag cost me S$120.00 (so 1700-120 =$1500.00 for all 4 Twenty). I also place an order for the 10" Splash, 14" & 16" China.

Oh and yes give me a call - You're most welcome to come try-out the Cymbals...Cheers

very nice, bro RD!

compared to the pricelist the ladyboss quoted me when the Twentys first came in, it's a $320 difference.

$590+$365+$440+$505 = $1900, while eric paid $1700-$120 = $1580 for 4 cymbals. so i just broke it down to about an $80 discount per cymbal, leaving it at:

14" Twenty Hats: $510
16" Twenty Crash: $285
18" Twenty Crash: $360
20" Twenty Ride: $425

it's a rough workout, not sure how ranking does their discounting of products for regulars.

spinninsticks: for crashes, you might wanna consider the Paiste Full Crashes that chewy's selling if they're still available?

Back