Wad cymbals do u guys have...

tanx bros for the replies...hey drum_hobbyist...yup...thats me u bought it from alrite ;) glad to found u in here...

i personally dont own new beats but two of my friend have it. It really sounds good. Strong 'chic' sound and goes well with acoustic to heavy distortion music. Very versatile hi-hats. But im more keen to know how the 'mastersound' hats sounds. The one that have "air vent" on its bottom pair.

anyone owns a k 14" hihat? or a 14" new beats?

Yo, I've got K 14" and NB 13" hats. What do you want to know?

In general, I think Ks and NBs are very similar, just that the Ks have a flatter profile, which contribute to a darker sound.

I would like to try the new K Light hats though. Regular Ks are a little on the heavy side.

Based on requests from players for a lighter weight version of our heralded K HiHats, these K Light HiHats have a medium thin top paired with a medium bottom to give them a dark and slightly delicate feel with a light blend of overtones. Good for most applications including rock, pop, country and jazz.

Yea i heard of the lights. If i really cant get a cymbal tmrw, do you mind me trying the 14" K? Yamaha has nothing in stock and i'll hve to order.

my dream hats would be 13" Special K/Z hats. which was used by Carter in his early recording of DMB. But Carter use Z on top instead of K. Anyone ever try this hats?

joshie:
Sure thing man, if you're keen you can drop by my place most evenings/nights to check it out. Mine is a 90's though, so I'm not sure if 17 years has made any difference.

kari:
I've tried 13" K/Zs before (A friend had them). It was a horrible clunker of a combination to my ears :x Yeah, tried both ways and the Z was just too damn thick for me. I think an A/K combi would be much sweeter.

hey drum_hobbyist...yea am still doing the studio...drop by anytime u free and we can go for coffe/tea and talk cymbals/drums :)

Ya... the last time we met... i did mention of dropping by but couldn't... missed the teh halia over there... may drop by somewhere next week... will let you know... at the meantime... cheers! 8)

My first ever cymbal expenditure. Something which i wanted but shocked when see and hear the price, 800 nett from ranking.. waduhh..

but a guy name jono offered his one month old, great condition DE mk1 14" hats and good thing i was first to grab it with a price tag of less than.. ** aheM ** u see the thread he posted yeah...

here's some pics for u bros to indulge,..

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

cheers everyone.

Glad u managed to obtain it in the end. Worth every effort u put in yest. A ridiculously good buy. Only thing now is tat u love every lil bit of her. :D

marc This DE 14" Hats is rated as one of the best Hats around....and it's my most favourite hats. I'm so happy that you got it at a Steal, I paid mine for a little more than what you have paid it for at resale too. Yes Ranking is selling this price at S$800.00 Nett after discount.

And...ou Bro rla also own one of this wonderful hats.

The DE 22" Ride that the seller put up is a DE Mark 2 (not mark 1)...so it has longer sustain than the Mark 1, a Fusion Ride and actual cost is almost similar to the DE 14" Hats when bought new from Ranking...good too but I refer the Mark 1 better.

Back