Wad cymbals do u guys have...

hm still waiting for instructions! btw, what cymbal stands do you people use? im using a carlos stand, basically cause its cheap and i dont see the point of using an expensive and branded cymbal stand. anyone beg to differ?

Cymbals are usually cleaned because of stick marks and the finger prints - not by handling but by choking the cymbals when playing. Cymbals are to be handled by gloves especially for brilliant finished cymbals...

For those with many sets of cymbals, keep the cymbals in the cymbal bag after cleaning/polishing... the shine is kept as the cymbals are not exposed to the opened environment.

Some drummers like to expose the cymbals to be tarnished for a desired sound... 8)

joshie said:
hm how do you maintain your cymbals? by cleaning it or jsut leaving it there?

I usually polish my brilliant finish cymbals once a month depending on the amount of usage. Its quite tedious to polish but its very rewarding once it is mirror shine.

Yo Drum_hobbyist!!

Finaly glad to meet up with U in person :D . No pics of yesterday's new toys yet?

why is it i see there is no zildjian families! could someone give me a review on the AA series by sabian?

One of the brightest-sounding cymbals series in Sabian's line only after the B8, B8 Pro, XS20 and the already discontinued Pro series. A very prime cymbals for rock and other situations which require cutting and penetrating cymbal projection.

How bright is the AA series?

I'll give U a hint.. :wink:

Never stand lesser than 1m when I'm hitting the 18" AA Metal X without earplugs!

Its that bright and cutting and full of ballz!!

Although AA metal x is a sub-model of the AA series, it serves its purpose well.

Bright 8O , cutting and full of meat! :D

i think its hard to judge something lidat i.e. a whole range of AA cymbals, in the whole collection there are so many differnt models and sizes of AA's, for eg you cant say a 14" aa thin crash can be used for rock, it all boils down to the specific model and size you are interested in. but just to share a bit on some of the aa cymbals, i think the aa medium thin crash 16" is an excellent one for recording, a very "down to earth" crash, moderate sustain, and bright enuff to cut tru the music. the aa rock hats are also one of the best hats ive heard around, comparable to aax stage hats. and the aa metal x series is seriously one for praises, the 18" crash is a bigger sized model that sounds brighter than most 16""s, its loud, cutting, durable and just explosive! IMO one of the best sabian crashes next to the aaxplosion 17/18" when it comes to live gigs. the only aa i own sadly is an aa metal x splash 10", however i dont think thats a sad thing cuz whao... that splash to me has everything u nd in a splash, cutting penetration, punchy response, short sutain and that lovely bite in its decay, to me, a splash is about giving one cruel n loud accent, and that is exactly wad de aa metal x x splash does

so joshie wad music do u play? wad do u intend to use the AA's for (recording or live gigs or home practice)? wad AA cymbals r u looking at? crashes, rides, splashes, chinas, hats? wad characteristics of the cymbals do u want?

crashes and splashes. probably play some jazz for home use and for jamming at times. recording purposes do not really matter. hm let me see. i want it to be bright but at the same time have the brilliant effect when it is crashed- the crash sound has to last. im not really sure about crashes and splashes. only know about my rides so far. finding something that suits the k dark custom ride

whoa jazz eh, hmm i wudn recommend u go near the aa's if ur a jazz player. perhaps try the hand hammered? or even hxx? bu ti still think K's do the job the best. k custom dark crashes wud suit ur purpose.

oh.. i see then. thought so but i was also thinking of the paistes. can anyone post pictures of their zildjian families!

joshie said:
oh.. i see then. thought so but i was also thinking of the paistes. can anyone post pictures of their zildjian families!

I will post some photos of my Zildjian cymbals collection once I find the time to do that.

Dude! wheres the cymbals! im itching over here. QUICK! hahaha. anyways does anyone have a k custom ride followed by an A custom crash? was thinking if the sounds would blend.

does anyone have the Paiste Dark Energy Mark1 16" crash?

Back