Wad cymbals do u guys have...

joshie said:
bebop is your A Custom a medium one? I'm down to the Paiste Dark Energy Mark 1 16" crash or the A Custom Medium 16" crash. Hm.. im still considering what would go better with my dark ride. any opinions?

anyway does anyone of you have the protector racket cymbal bag? was thinking of getting it

Not trying to be bias, bt tink tis is one of the better cymbal bag, and wif the wide base, it really protects, which the protection racket is lacking, but ive seen and tried the racket and i like the padding and excellent, durable construction.

12082006057.jpg

Hi All,

As I have promised joshie to post my Zildjian cymbal collection, here it goes:

KICX1756.jpg

1st row (L to R):
a) 22" K Constantinople Medium Ride
b) 20" K Constantinople Light Ride
c) 18" K Constantinople Crash

2nd row (L to R):
d) 16" K Constantinople Crash
e) 14" K Hi-Hat

3rd row(L to R):
f) 18" A Crash/Ride (from the 80's)
g) 16" A Custom Cras
h) 13" A New Beat Hi-Hat

I only use the K cymbals now:
KICX1750.jpg

This is how they look on the kit:
KICX1746.jpg

KICX1740.jpg

joshie said:
alrght where do you live? imrobbing your houe tonight

anyway for the bag im looking for something that could be a backback or a really strong and comfy sling and with two compartments.

nysk: i know i meant the A CUSTOM, i never really buy the non customs. anyway im looking something that has a shimmering effect, with a decay.

Tat cymbal bag has a sling, handle and also shoulder straps for backpack-style, has 2 compartments and inner sleeves and one of the stronger bags out there, pretty much everything u asked for, but oh well, u choose wats best for urself.

hey bliss, is the paiste cymbal bag durable? yamaha doesnt sell the good super zildjian ones, and ordering it in would be stupid. need to check protection racket. heard it doesnt have a backpack style and is one compartment, so it boils down to the paiste one.

anyway i heard the 2002 sound edge hi hats, i must say 2002 is fantastic in this sound edge range, not too crazy over the others. but yea im considering the mark 1 crash and sound edge hi-hats. anyone got the price of the hats?

blissuicide said:
joshie said:
Dude! wheres the cymbals! im itching over here. QUICK! hahaha. anyways does anyone have a k custom ride followed by an A custom crash? was thinking if the sounds would blend.

does anyone have the Paiste Dark Energy Mark1 16" crash?

Oh hell, was tinkin of gettin tat Signature Sound Edge hats. They are sweeeet. As for the 16" Dark Energy, used to have it but sold it. Prefer glassier, shimmering crashes so settled for my Signatures, but hell, my Dark Energy hats is a mainstay, or maybe I mite sell it for tat sound edge. :twisted:

hey what was the 16" Dark Energy Mk 1 crash like? i'm thinking of getting it but there are still soo many others out there like the k and a customs.

joshie said:
hey bliss, is the paiste cymbal bag durable? yamaha doesnt sell the good super zildjian ones, and ordering it in would be stupid. need to check protection racket. heard it doesnt have a backpack style and is one compartment, so it boils down to the paiste one.

anyway i heard the 2002 sound edge hi hats, i must say 2002 is fantastic in this sound edge range, not too crazy over the others. but yea im considering the mark 1 crash and sound edge hi-hats. anyone got the price of the hats?

Yes it is, scoured arnd the net for cymbal bags and found tat the Paiste Professional bag is the better of the lot, after Protection Racket which has nice woolly padding and the Sabian Professional cymbal bag. And i duno why, bt the pricing is always high for Paiste, wif the cheapest i found to be around US$85, the highest-priced bag among all the manufacturers. So wif the current price we are gettin at locally, i tink its darn great. And Sound Edges have always been great, no matter which series and I really loved the Signature ones in particular. 2002 Sound Edge is around 400 plus. Dark Energy crash is somewat darker than the normal Sigs and full-bodied and shimmers too, which is a characteristic for all Signature series. Quite a versatile cymbal cos its not as dark as those of the Traditionals or Zildian Ks and it delivers the highs tremendously too.

Sorry, wrong statement. I'd ranked the Paiste higher cos of the overall feel and solid construction wif lotsa reinforcements which somehow gives u the feeling tat ur cymbals are actually being protected and like i said, they are the only bag wif a wide padded base which convinced me tat its the bag for my precious cymbals. And i'm not muckin things up cos i've compared those bags physically.

Yup... I agree the Paiste cymbal bag is the best that can be found locally... I owned one... 8)

Joshie... my advice is that you collect cymbals so that you won't spend so much time looking for the ultimate cymbal as there is none... with an array of 72 cymbals in my collection, there is a place for each one of them in the wide music genre... :wink:

letme clarify something. the sound edge hats are 2002's or sig series? (which you're are talking about)

haha 72? i dont have that much cash around me. and im definitely not going to spend soo much on just cymbals. i treat buying my cymbals seriously and would like to take time considering and researching before actually getting it. making sure i make most of my money as well, getting what i really want. anyways yup i know every single cymbal have different tones and sounds and that im not going to get the best of... all the worlds? hahhaa

when u walk into shops like ranking and sweelee can you actually try out the cymbals, as in play them? cos so far i have only read the descriptions and heard the sounds online..

joshie said:
letme clarify something. the sound edge hats are 2002's or sig series? (which you're are talking about)

haha 72? i dont have that much cash around me. and im definitely not going to spend soo much on just cymbals. i treat buying my cymbals seriously and would like to take time considering and researching before actually getting it. making sure i make most of my money as well, getting what i really want. anyways yup i know every single cymbal have different tones and sounds and that im not going to get the best of... all the worlds? hahhaa

Just only a suggestion... 8)

JOSHIE>>> I dun care which Sound Edges, but they are all good, especially the Sig and yes, 2002 ones as well. Hell, I used to own the already discontinued Sound Formula Reflector Sound Edge and its good too, can never get those choking 'tok' sounds. Current Paiste series wif Sound Edges hats are Signature, 2002, Rude and Alpha. Wat I'm eyeing is the Sig Sound Edges though. And the price I quoted is for 2002 version, Sig version runs all the way to around 600.

XEMOREJ>>> Any good music shops worth their salts allow u to try cymbals. Never even bother goin to shops tat has a no-testing policy cos tats jus blasphemous and to date, i have not come across tat kinda shops. So ya, feel free to try and as a courtesy, approach the sales staff first and never try em wif ur fingers.

xemorej said:
when u walk into shops like ranking and sweelee can you actually try out the cymbals, as in play them? cos so far i have only read the descriptions and heard the sounds online..

of course you can!

i just heard the 16" A Custom Medium Crash. haha and it definitely wasnt what i had expected. out of my list then. but the K Custom Dark Crash is actually quite good but it has that characteristic that its name suggest. find that with two dark's it feel quite dull. haha im really going for the paiste dark energy mk 1 now. maybe still considering the fast, projection,hybrid (etc)

bliss the sig sound edge are priced higher? oh my... hm havent heard them yet only the 2002's. dont like rude and alpha.

Back