Wad cymbals do u guys have...

number one it's sold in sets. i dont like the sound of the ride. i find it very appropriate for people who want down to earth, good nd durable cymbals. but i prefer zildjians cause they have a sound that no other brand has. the k custom dark ride is fantastic to me and i just love the A and K customs.

the paiste however also have a different tone and sound compared to the zildjians. esp the sound edge hats and dark energy mk1 crash which i was talking about. i just prefer the sounds of these two.

well its ultimately up to the player. what he wants from the cymbal, the type of tone and sound. all cymbals have its characteristic and is up to the player to choose what he likes. so.. i choose the cymbals from these two brands

joshie said:
i just heard the 16" A Custom Medium Crash. haha and it definitely wasnt what i had expected. out of my list then. but the K Custom Dark Crash is actually quite good but it has that characteristic that its name suggest. find that with two dark's it feel quite dull. haha im really going for the paiste dark energy mk 1 now. maybe still considering the fast, projection,hybrid (etc)

bliss the sig sound edge are priced higher? oh my... hm havent heard them yet only the 2002's. dont like rude and alpha.

Yup yup, the Signature and Signature Reflector are Paiste's highest-end together wif New Signature. Pricing-wise, they are the 2nd most priciest series, after the Traditionals and New Signatures which are the most expensive and command the same price range, but in terms of hi-hats, the Signature Sound Edge are the most expensive among all hats in the Paiste family, nah, scratch tat, they are the 2nd-most priciest hats ever, coming second only to the Constantinoples. Speaking of which, I've almost made up my mind to let go my New Signature Dark Energy Hats and get tat Sig Sound Edge, so those tat are interested, can drop me a line.

gambatak. i dunno about the thin part. but even it is thin...doesnt nescassarily mean its not durable. i believe durability of the cymbal depends most on the player.

9.9/10 the chance of the cymbal failing is due to player. bad technique.allowing keyholing...etc...

0.1/10 ( or maybe less ) ...is that you are unlucky and got a bad make in 1 out of a gazillion cymbals they made.

so does that mean Sabian AA thin crashes are not durable as well? :wink: not to mention paper thin...hhaha

gambatak said:
huh i thought the samatyas were very thin and definitly not durable, though decent sounding.

The Samatyas are medium weight. The Ride is rather high pitch... that's why it is not Joshie's taste...

:? i didnt literally mean the AAs ( it was just an example). It could be any brand or any make for that matter.

gambatak said:
hell, thats not my taste also. bright and loud, reminds me of brass.

You should hear it for yourself before commenting... I already have set 1 and 2... next will be set 3 and thus complete the Samatya series collection... IMO the quality of the whole series serves as a general purpose set for all music genre and value for money... 8)

gambatak said:
hell, thats not my taste also. bright and loud, reminds me of brass.

Bright and loud doesn't have to be brass. B20 cymbals tat are bright and loud do sound fantastic, has lotsa body and tone as well. So ya, try not to stereotype cos it will have a negative effect on ur decision-making and somewat unnecessarily limit ur choices and u mite jus miss out on the gems out there.

gambatak said:
anyone heard of the paiste soundformulas?

Great Paiste series... all snapped up in the Swee Lee sales last Dec... :cry: but manage to get Dimensions 20" Power Ride and Innovations 16" Medium Crash... 8)

gambatak said:

A big fan of Sound Formulas. The first series to use the then innovative, patented Paiste Sound Alloy. Got a Sound Formula Sound Edge Reflector hats last time. Great. A brilliant definition of bright, clear, crisp sound. And oh my, the ride is awesome, killer bell. But too bad, its discontinued and caused quite an uproar. And if u guys happen to come across the earlier round-badged version, get tat, cos the slightly later Sound Formula wif the kinda cheesy logo sounds a tad darker. Oh well, I'm blardy happy wif my Sigs and New Sigs, so ya, they somehow make up for it. To the person tat i sold my round-badged Sound Formula hats to, if ur readin tis, let me noe if u wana let it go cos i mite wana buy it back.. :lol:

saw a pair of thoes ^ hats today at ranking, they look n sound sweet... but will be stickicng to my aax stage hats haha

blissuicide said:
gambatak said:

A big fan of Sound Formulas. The first series to use the then innovative, patented Paiste Sound Alloy. Got a Sound Formula Sound Edge Reflector hats last time. Great. A brilliant definition of bright, clear, crisp sound. And oh my, the ride is awesome, killer bell. But too bad, its discontinued and caused quite an uproar. And if u guys happen to come across the earlier round-badged version, get tat, cos the slightly later Sound Formula wif the kinda cheesy logo sounds a tad darker. Oh well, I'm blardy happy wif my Sigs and New Sigs, so ya, they somehow make up for it. To the person tat i sold my round-badged Sound Formula hats to, if ur readin tis, let me noe if u wana let it go cos i mite wana buy it back.. :lol:

round badged looks like what?

Back