Wad cymbals do u guys have...

i realised not many people post on this topic. which would you prefer- paiste DE Mk1 16" crash, K custom 16" crash or A custom?

I had the priviledge of playing on all 3 before. I love them all!!!...and i think all 3 are very different cymbals and hence diff sounds. In my humble opinion, i feel the DE shimmers more than the K and the A. The A has the fastest response time among the 3. I feel the A and the K is the more versatile of the 3, but the De when played in the right situtation is exquisite as well. Projection wise, the A does a better job than a DE..while im very tempted to say that the DE is like a hybrid of the A and the K. In conclusion, all 3 are beautiful cymbals and when played in the right situation, they all sound like 3 CHIO BUs calling out to you :) :) :) ...But i must add that the Istanbul sultan series crash is also up there with these 3. Very underated but just as musical as the A, DE and K...phew...Am off to the el negro clinic, he'll be using As and Ks tonight:).yeaa!

Paiste are cheaper here, for me at least, but generally is also cheaper when compared against the States, and I've experienced it. In fact, we are one of the nations together wif some regions in the UK and Europe tat has a good pricing policy on Paiste, weird huh. Anyway, jus collected my Sig Sound Edge hats. Here she is:

05092006068.jpg

05092006070.jpg

Joshie,

Best for jazz? among these 4 crashes, Ill personally go for the Sultans and the DEs..and maybe an A in there to surprise people. But for my jazz playing (not that im very good..heh..)..i've always prefered my DE MK 1 ride over my friend's constinople ride. Maybe, i/m used to the sound, but i really love the definition and i feel the bell on my paiste is more outstanding..speaking of which..has anyone heard of paistes comin out with a DE flat ride? I bet that would be awesome.

Yup! Should give a listen of the Sultans in Drum Resources... already got the 9" splash, 13" and 15" crashes, and 19" Heavy Ride... 3 more to go... 17" crash-ride, 21" Ride and 13" Hi-Hats... 8)

rla said:
Joshie,

Best for jazz? among these 4 crashes, Ill personally go for the Sultans and the DEs..and maybe an A in there to surprise people. But for my jazz playing (not that im very good..heh..)..i've always prefered my DE MK 1 ride over my friend's constinople ride. Maybe, i/m used to the sound, but i really love the definition and i feel the bell on my paiste is more outstanding..speaking of which..has anyone heard of paistes comin out with a DE flat ride? I bet that would be awesome.

Nope, tat would be farfetched. Paiste has phased out mostly all their flat rides and the only one tat remains is the Traditional Light Flat Ride. The latest additions to the New Signature ride family are the Light Dark Ride and Dark Dry Ride.

dude the DE you're talkinga bout here is a ride aint it? im looking for a crash. but as you said it doesnt have the sound that the a custom has and is rather shimmering. yea i'll go check out the sultans.

hey guys

hey guys any comments on b8 pro? the thin crash. i kinda like the sound as it is bright. do you guys have any recomendation of any other cymbal around tt kinda sound?

any cymbal has its own good and bad. i tell u. the stagestar stock crash sounds brilliant as a quick china effect once u thrash it up.

play whatever whenever it serves the purpose.

to each his own taste.

Re: hey guys

kanzer said:
hey guys any comments on b8 pro? the thin crash. i kinda like the sound as it is bright. do you guys have any recomendation of any other cymbal around tt kinda sound?

joshie said:
dont buy b8 man..

If possible, go for the XS20. One of the better budget-priced cymbals out there. And yes, to each his own, some like the brightness of B8, so there's no straight reason as to tell him not to buy it.

joshie have u actually tried the b8's before? or are u judging them by their price? if u hav, perhaps as a jazz palyer u prefer the darker sounds of k... but yea, b8 pro is one of the, i mean is the brightest sabian series around overall, so kanzer, if u rly want that cutting brightness u shd go for it... its rly up to the tone u like, u cant jus throw something at b8 jus cuz it seems "cheap" to you... IMO the b8's at fourtones and tiet serve their purposes extrememly well

and man... isnt this post suppose to be a sticky thread where u post ur family portraits or family members? everytime people see theres a new post in this thread they'd be thinking finally! a new family to oggle at, only to be disappointed by an inquiry post or a discussion between 2 or 3 ppl

Yup... the voice of each cymbal is subjective to each drummer... I like the oriental crash of Trojan 16" Brilliant Crash... B20 Alloy and only $90 at Ranking Sports.

Family photos coming up lastest by end of this year - presently building up the Istanbul Sultan series and cymbals known as the 'B' series made in Wuhan. A preview...

P1010032.jpg

hey how muchs the trojan hats? heard alottt of good comments abt it, the chicks and the pricing?trojan seems to the upcoming brand, in terms of pricing and all ehh??

Trojan pricing...

13" Hi-Hat (Brilliant series) - $110

14" Hi-Hat (Brilliant series with deep hammered marks) - $120 (will put the high ends of major brands a run for their money)

16" Crash (Brilliant series and Istanbul Sultan type) - $90

20" Ride (Brilliant series and Brilliant series with deep hammered marks) - $140

22" Ride (Istanbul Sultan type) - $170 (my second favourite after the 14" hi-hat)

Back