Wad cymbals do u guys have...

The 'B' Series cymbal looks interesting! The finish has the disco-ball effect :lol:

But seriously though, how does that cymbal sound? :)

The 'B' series is made with the purpose to glitter under stage lights. So you are right about the disco lighting. Through my observation, it is supposedly for Rock. The top side is made smooth and shinny (like the bell area) and some machine work to make the circular patterns. The bottom side is traditional finishing.

The splashes (8", 10", 12") - Full, Bright and a slight sustain due to the top side finishing.

The Crashes (15", 16") - Full and surprisingly Dark.

I have yet to get the 12' and 14" china, and 20" ride and 14" Hi-hat.

A Performance Set with cymbal bag is about $600 in Accent music. Go and check it out. The splashes and chinas are not available as they were specially ordered since July 05.

These are Chinese made cymbals which are well known for the Oriental sound which most drummers have a hard time liking it. Cannot make a comparison with Turkish made cymbals and European made cymbals. These 3 are in their own league by themselves. For me, I embrace them all... 8)

hello "shi fu" haha,i c ur showing off your beautiful set of trojans eh? 8O
i think all my hard work of persuading my parents are starting to work :eek:
they say after exams i can go hardcore all the way drumming >< and that they'll sponser for 80% of the things i guess

The cymbal with top side patterns is not Trojan. These cymbals are actually made from the cymbal factory that makes the 'Wuhan' brand cymbals. The brand name rights has been bought over by USA. That is why no brand markings. In fact, the factory does provide printing a name of one's liking with extra cost, it can even be your signature. Wow... your own signature brand of cymbals. May consider it the next time if I were to buy other series of cymbals. 8)

Good to hear that your dream is coming true. Study hard... :wink:

that Wuhan looks weird haha... realy wanna know how it sounds like.im dying for a Wuhan 12" and 18" chinas. u guys know where and how to get?

for the trojan pricing is it regulars' price or before discount? anyway how much is the trojan 18" crash? any idea?

thanks

hey man the unbranded chinas are actually.. weird.. maybe i dunno how to use them. but i find the sound actually distracting when it comes to playing. hope my two cents worth will help. haha.

joshie said:
trojan eh? if i recalled i thought the ride was rather too bright for me.

You mean the 22" one that is sultan alike? That is the best buy with that kind of sound at $170... will even pay $300 if it is sold at that price... :wink:

Hey guys, sorry to digress for a little bit. But what are your views on Micro HiHats?

1) Whats a preferable Micro HH size? Is it dependent on your main HH size?

2) On what occasions or musical situations do you use a Micro HH? Alone or as an auxillary HH.

3) Is the Paiste Signature Micro HH @ Ranking worth the $400 price tag?

4) What other Micro HH options do i have in today's mkt?

5) Lastly, ive heard of people putting 2 splashes of different thickness together to make a Micro HH. Is it advisable or preferable?

Sorry for the numerous questions and your answers will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

rla said:
Hey guys, sorry to digress for a little bit. But what are your views on Micro HiHats?

1) Whats a preferable Micro HH size? Is it dependent on your main HH size?

2) On what occasions or musical situations do you use a Micro HH? Alone or as an auxillary HH.

3) Is the Paiste Signature Micro HH @ Ranking worth the $400 price tag?

4) What other Micro HH options do i have in today's mkt?

5) Lastly, ive heard of people putting 2 splashes of different thickness together to make a Micro HH. Is it advisable or preferable?

Sorry for the numerous questions and your answers will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

1) Micro HH size ranges from 10"-12". The 12" size is subjective. Just like the 12" cymbal is the in between of a splash and a crash.

There is no fixed rule that the micro hats have to be dependent to the main hats size. For one of my set-up, I have an Alpha 14" sound edge as main hats and Dimension 14" thin/heavy hats as the secondary in closed position.

2) Micro hats is considered special effects. So it is up to one's creativity. The standard approach is to play during the bridge of the song. Another set-up of mine on the the secondary hats is the Meinl 12" safari hats with jingles. I am about to help one of the forummers to modify the Paiste 101 14" hats into a safari hats. It was my advice to him to expand his playing range than to sell it and lose money.

3) The Signature 10" micro hats is excellent but personally I won't pay $400 for it. To each his own..

4) Check out the Istanbul Sultan 12" hats at $368 in Drum Resources. Ranking Sports new arriving shipment of Meinl will consist of the 12" safari hats retailing at $242.

5) It doesn't work that way. The profile of hi hats is made differently from the splash and crash cymbals. It will sound horrible if the top hat of a 14" Rock series is to be used as a 14" Rock crash and vise-versa...

8)

Thanks man, i am enlightened!

Besides the 12"s you mentioned, are there are 8"s or 10"s in the market?

yo drum_hobbyist!

you toking about me??
hahahhaa.. anyway, when can i send you my hats ???
pimp-my-hats!!!

hahahaha.. like that mtv ah....

pimp my normal to safari hats bro!!!

Back