Wad cymbals do u guys have...

whoa drum hobbyist the china looks cool. im looking for a raw, trashy, and oriental sounding china preferably 18", currently my choices are paiste heavy china 18" or zildjian oriental china classic 20", bt they r jus too ex. but if i like the istanbul, hey what the heck? got a sound clip of it? n does nigel allow testing?

Nigel does allow testing... the other Samatya add ons known as Set 3 has 12" splash, 18" crash and 18" China. The crash and china are on display for testing. Give the Sultans try... it sounded better than the traditional...

I am considering getting a full set of what is available... 8)

doesnt carry wad?

i jus went today, and there are like 2 or 3 k custom rides there.

theres a 20" k custom hybrid ride, 20 and 22" k custom session ride and another one i think?

joshie said:
stop this family gayness! it's making me feel poor.

I believe we are all here to share our passion and for some of us it has come a long way to be owners of the cymbals we have. Passion keeps us going to achieve our goals and we are sharing these to the new and young drummers to carry on the legacy to bring the passion to a higher level... :wink:

joshie said:
stop this family gayness! it's making me feel poor.

I had the same emotions when I started out drumming 11 yrs ago when I started to drums. But hey.. there's no need for you to "look down" on urself.

Save money and buy ur own dream stuffs and stop whining!

ok im truly in a dilemma now. could anyone suggest to me some great jazz rides? price is not of concern. just damn good ride preferably zildjian, istanbul, paiste's or sabians.

joshie said:
ok im truly in a dilemma now. could anyone suggest to me some great jazz rides? price is not of concern. just damn good ride preferably zildjian, istanbul, paiste's or sabians.

I have a pair of K Zildjian Constantinople Rides: 20" Light and 22" Medium. They are just beautiful and sweet! The Medium has very good stick definition and just the right amount of wash when riden on. The perfect ride for me! :D Also it crashes well!

Check out the Istanbul Sultan's Jazz Ride at Drum Resources... was there today and Nigel tested some of Sultan's cymbals for me to listen and I was very impressed... going to invested $2.5 K on these precious... 9" and 11" splash, 13" and 15" crash, 17" crash ride, 19" and 21" Ride and 13" hi-hat... 8)

^^^^ Cool!! All odd sizes!

Odd sizes cymbals have something in them that makes the sound kinda weird by highly "orgasmic". :p

My 17" HHXplosion Crash (brilliant) has it. A unique character.

Thanks to Nigel for bringing in all the sizes which he said that he is crazy enough to take the risk... but this risk has already paid off to fulfill the dream of one drummer.... :wink:

hmm anyone know of a thin ride? i think the k customs are good but i want to broaden my buying spectrum. want it to be washy, bright and that would probably mean its thin, maybe medium.

where can i get it? hm i could get a samatya ride by itself for 250dollars, but... don't know if its right for me. as i said, PRICE DOESNT MATTER. quality does.

Back