Wad cymbals do u guys have...

nice family mel80, can see you jus luv HH chinas haha... the thin china is the darkest ive heard, u mus go to the studio a lot considering the fact that u r using AAX studio and AA thin crash, what do u use for gigs?

i wish to post my lil collection to but how do i do it? can i photobucket it?

nysk said:
nice family mel80, can see you jus luv HH chinas haha... the thin china is the darkest ive heard, u mus go to the studio a lot considering the fact that u r using AAX studio and AA thin crash, what do u use for gigs?

i wish to post my lil collection to but how do i do it? can i photobucket it?

Yup.. Upload ur pics to Photobucket and paste the links. That shld do fine.

I'm still waiting for my 18" China to arrive. After dat, another family portrait. Hehehehehe :p

Hey... introducing the Meinl family from Germany... 8)

P1010035.jpg

nysk:
I love the 'crispy' tone of the HH chinas. Yeah I go to the studio quite often. Through trial and error, I realised that the AA and AAX crashes have the sound that I've been looking for. For gigs, it depends on how much setting up time there is. If I only have time for a quick setup, I'll only use the splashes, 1 china and the AAX crash.

I'm actually building up a set of cymbals for an upcoming studio recording. So I'm only lacking a ride and a pair of hats then I'm all good to go. Do post up your collection too! :D

shred5:
Must see your family portrait soon!

drum_hobbyist:
Woah! Your Meinl collection is amazing. Nice variety of cymbals. That's A LOT of investment there. I can only dream to own as many cymbals as you man! :D

mel80... just keep the interest alive and the dream will eventually become a reality... just like what happened to me... it is a matter of time... 8)

what the crap la. why you're soo rich. i only have a pst3 16" crash. which i might say is an excellent buy for 90dollars. still saving for my ride!

Frummer said:
Omd drum_hobbyist...i simple LOVE the genXs!!! :D

no filter chinas?

Waiting for Ranking to bring in... the shipment is arriving at the end of the month... the high end cymbals... hopefully the filter chinas...

drum_hobbyist said:
... just keep the interest alive and the dream will eventually become a reality... ... it is a matter of time... 8)

This is a modest but a truthful situation for me too.

It takes time to build my cymbals to wat they are today and it turns out I'm a "cymbalholic".

It ain't a cheap thing to do case a lot of $$$$ is involved.

I'm getting my cymbals online instead of relying on our local dealers..

I don't mind the xtra money involve as long as I get wat I want.

22" Hand Hammered Power Bell Ride!!! HERE I COME!!

mel80 said:
nysk:
I'm actually building up a set of cymbals for an upcoming studio recording. So I'm only lacking a ride and a pair of hats then I'm all good to go. Do post up your collection too! :D

ill post them tmr... today too lazy to take them off the stands and clear my digicam memory space... haha

oya shred5, i dont think ordering online is very wise... a lot of the sites dont cater to sg evn if they say "global" i realised and even if u manage to get them, u still gotta pay bombs for shipping which will make it cheaper if u buy from the local dealers, and u will still get wat u want cuz u can order any cymbal model u want from local dealers without any extra cost... u jus gotta wait for quite long, but i dont think itll be longer than online dealers' delivery anyways...

nysk said:
[u jus gotta wait for quite long, but i dont think itll be longer than online dealers' delivery anyways...

The waiting game is the hardest part for some of us.. :p

All good things must wait... and cymbals are really good things... 8) One tend to appreciate more for the stuff when it takes time to come by... :idea:

well this is my lil cymbal family... its not spectacular but they do the job for me... hoping to add a 18" wuhan china to it or a zildjian 20" oriental china classic, also wanna add a paiste dark energy power crash 16" but no $$$ haha...

these are the specs, from top row then btm row, left to right
sabian hhxxplosion crash 17", sabian aa metal x splash 10", sabian hand hammered thin crash 16", zildjian k custom drak splash 12", sabian axx stage crash 16", zildjian oriental china trash 16", sabian vault crash 17", sabian axx stage hats 14", sabian hand hammered rock ride 22" (love this baby, great stick defintion, cutting yet musical with clean and cutting bell, what more can i ask for in a ride?)

DSC00847.jpg

Awesome collection nysk! Love the HH rock ride. Played on it once and man... it's beautiful! Maybe I should get one for myself too :D

My 3 top choices wld be

22" HH rock ride,
22" AA Rock ride
22" HH Power Bell Ride.

Come this August!! Either one!

Back