UmBAHHHHrella (Metal Version)

OK PLEASE NO BICKERING.. so far this thread is un-cluttered with nonsense (I kinda like that way). Rihanna's song (although i found it very irritating) was nothing to laugh at, she had the formula right to go #1. Leave it at that. Ya, my version is 'off'... it's supposed to be (that was my point in doing this). My version is obviously 'cool' for ppl who like metal (but wouldn't have a leg to stand on without the 'parody' factor thanks to Rihanna). Show some respect, and get some in return. I appreciate ShyamRaj's compliment, I also appreciate gsonique's opinion (which was a complement too), thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that.... btw whats next Mister K ?
I kinda miss this fella ....
weirdal180x180.jpg

tanx mister k...erm juz one more question if u dun mind....for the main intro riff in do u use pinch harmonics?

and i feel that u shld seek permission n get this copyrighted n played on radios!!!cool man....n once again good job!!!

What's next? I've been struggling to find a new place to live, dealing with agents, rent hikes and gReEeeDy landlords. My car keeps breaking down. And, I've been going though a divorce, for two years now... somemore I have a new case pending with my ex-wife, so I've been under a huge amount of stress lately. Ya, so I'm writing a song about it to let off some steam. It has a sense of humor to it, and should be a fun song (and hopefully cool too)... and It's my first attempt at something a little more commercial (departed from my metal roots), but it's still heavy. Ya and to add to all the stress... I just finished recording all the guitar and bass tracks then found out I can't sing in that key! So I have to re-record the whole bloody song again o_O

You can give me what you recorded to do widdly widdle dee doo solos over it. You'd own the rights to the track of course, its just for my fun. Heh.

I feel you Mister K .... bad times don't last and it makes you stronger.
Looking forward to your new song ya .... :D

Oh my ... if there is anything i can do to help please gimme a buzza mate .....Yup ...can't wait for your new stuff !! :cool:

btw any tips on singing like the style u sing?

HAHA... Love to answer that question, but I'm not really not qualified. I actually hate my voice, but still try to do the best I can with it, LOL.

OK, I've recorded a 'voice lesson' on this subject... here. Embarrassing as it is, I hope it helps you and others who've asked, to have some insight into what I'm doing. I'm sure there are other better advice available, but I'm just trying to be helpful and share what I know.

Btw... the examples at the end demonstrate me switching between a 'normal' clean voice and the 'effected' grovel voice. And they are really stupid... so don't laugh!! *blush*

Last edited:
mcfly had a rock version of this song. they sang it live recently and i thought it was GOOD haha but this is AWESOME haha!!

from the vocals, arrangement, sound and recording quality = ALL i like !
great work MisterK...(i can never do that, tsk tsk :( )

The vocals PWN. Totally.

And your guitarist friend has a future, he sounds like a Synyster Gates wannabe. :cool:

Back