UmBAHHHHrella (Metal Version)

MisterK

http://mixaldamix.imeem.com/music/MThfSq1H/mixal_damix_feat_midnyte_on_guitar_solo_umbahrella_song/
Lo-fi version here: http://www.myspace.com/mixaldamix
I did this for fun, and to demonstrate what a 're-make' is all about (because I hate covers that add nothing new to the original song). I sang, played bass & guitars (except solo... I replaced mine with my friends one), programmed the drums, composed, produced, recorded & mixed, at home (using ProTools).

Hope it helps to brighten a rainy day :-D

For some obscure reason I burst out laughing the moment I heard this. You HAVE to send me a copy of this. =p

Awesome stuff bro. That you singing? You sound alot like Devin Townsend.

Sounds awesome. And yeah I agree with SherT. Can hear hints of Devin Townsend in your singing :D

omg ace job! great vocals too..and i'm liking the arrangement a lot. \w/

could you send me a copy of the song too?

who is Devin Townsend?

This dude:

SR_worcester02.jpg

The voice of Strapping Young Lad, multi-instrumentalist, and the only guy to ever pull off the Skullet with style.

hey bro what did you use to record your drum track?
by the way the song is cool! keep it up

hey bro what did you use to record your drum track?
by the way the song is cool! keep it up

I used NI Battery 3, and tweaked the samples a bit (they were from the Battery NI Studio Drums collection). Mixed, EQ'd, etc in ProTools. I also have an embarrassing story to tell (related to the drum tracks). If you can 'spot it' and tell me what it might be about, then I'll share it with you, haha:D

hahah.is the drum track from some track...... hehehehe by the way, do you do home recording for bands? hehehe

Wow.

Now this is a cover.

Excellent excellent.. haven't heard such refreshing stuff on OM for the longest time! Thanks for the laughs and the ridiculous nod to Metallica.

PM me hadi...

You're just guessing! OK... It's the cymbals... I somehow ended up with a mono-track of cymbals :oops: :???: So I had to go through the entire song hit by hit and automate the L-R panning (which was easier than re-doing the cymbal track). Ya I can record bands at home... Take that convo to PM please.

Last edited:
lol. i its soo awesome that it made me laugh my balls off!!! really good job bro. esp the guitar solo made it perfect. haha. Reminds me of.... C.O.B covering Oops I Did It Again. HAHA. Well good job again and would love to help more of these!

Back