Ultrasound a Scammers of gig organisers. Read this good people

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i gotta rush off for a gig now but before doing that i would like to share with you two PM's i got . I wont tell their names as i understand that since they pm'd me they wanted to keep their names on the low .

this is what one of them said .

"shyam!see you guys last sunday!awsome show u guys man!

my band was also kena by him.
he really dont care anything but money.
like usual we must sell tix.so last time very blur2 neva mind ah.just sell it la.
than before the gig our drummer suddenly mia and ran with all the tix money.behind story
so we came,even we told him about the story.he like understand ah.but we must die2 pay 300 or we will be going to court.i mean we dont have such money.we are a student doing o level that time and really short of money since all of us came from okok family.he keep calling us like along liddat.come on we are just a student.we dont have that money and if our parent found sure we need to stop playing music.we play their stage and the equipment was not good.so yeah.and one of my band mates need to sell his hp just to pay it"

and this is the other PM.

hey dude, remember me? haha, i'm that small guitarist from Nyp's bandzout. i read bout your post bout Nic's monthly Ultrasound gigs and wow. nicely said there dude. i totally agree with you. my band, xxxxxxx, had our first gig with him. and well, we had quite a sucky experience. during the day of ticket collection, he came pretty late and did not even spare a thought to apologize. and to settle the time-slot of the bands, he would go from the youngest to the oldest when he mentioned that he would draw-lots instead on his post at Soft. me being 16 back then, we were supposed to be the first to play. we had alot of problems back then. we we're pissed off about the tickets (we were unable to sell them all due to high price), the way he handled the time-slots and alot of other things. although that first gig was quite memorable for my band,it wasn't exactly a good one. so kudos for standing up to him. i'm pretty sure all the other bands you stood up for look up to you. good job dude. and btw, how do you organize a DIY gig? i was thinking of getting a couple of bands together and maybe we could chip in equally for the rental of equipments, venue, tickets and such. is that the way to do it? any help would be appreciated. thanks again for the awesome words you fired at Ultrasound.

xxxxxx

so i'll let the public see it as i think they deserve too .
I really gotta run rite now . whoevers going for rebellion i'll catch you guys there . If not when i come back i'll def be back here to talk about this :)

details of this person ? a 20/21 year old twat whose name is Nicholas . Organiser of Ultrasound often held at playden . and comes by the nick of ROckOn

here is his scam work

http://soft.com.sg/forum/gigs-conce...n-18april09-12noonto11pm-22-nonstopbands.html

THIS HAS TO STOP.

talk to you guys later gotta run...
chiaow!!

Oh and errrr Nich, if you are reading this. Do reply :)

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up.
I totally agree with you dude.
I havent played for his gig and never will.
from what i know by looking at his post and searching for bands on soft,
I knew his main priority was how much $$ he can get rather than the quality of the gig.
This kind of gig organizers are killing our local scene
Its a shame.

+ 34524523848 to this thread from shyamraj! :D

this! right here (the selling of tickets just so you can get a slot for your band to play) is spoiling our music scene!

if a true music organizer were to hold a music event, shouldnt the organizer and the committee be responsible for the sales of tix and not FORCE the bands to sell em?

D I freaking Y

come on people anyone can organise a gig.

All you need is a venue, a permit and bands.

advertise the gigs online,paste posters at jaming studios, at ur schools etc.

get 5-6 bands (or more) together. get a venue. share the cost amongst all the bands.

the money gained thru the ticket sales can be equally divided amongst all the bands.

that is all.

DIY lahhhhhh peopleeeee come on.

u dont need some telling u to sell tickets.
do it for the musicccccccccccccc.

one up for you!

hey shyam!

i have to say you and your band got balls to do this!

good shit!

I mean you going thru the process and writing about this....

I have always found that it was not right to pay to play.

You either don't get paid (cos you are a new band or charity gig ) or you get paid.

I think it is time we stop people from doing such gigs as now I realised that a lot of the bands are young people eg. students.

Is there anything James can do to help us?

ps. kids , do what I do when I was young. Do your own gigs. Approach your school, poly etc and organise a gig. Or just a few bands together and organise a gig.

As far as I know of, We can go against RockOn if he wanna bring the bands to court for not paying up for the unsold tix and an unofficial CONTRACT. sigh.....

Was a victim before too, but with another 'scam' organizer, thank God, they extinct.

Someone email Arts House to ban these people. hehehee... ANd other potential venues.

thanks shyam for bringing this up,
also had bad experience with this gig.
but well, part of it can be blamed on myself too.
haha.

i really feel that the tixs are over priced though

Price of ticket is proportionate to the entertainment value the audience gets from the show.

When there's demand for these gigs, there will be someone who will organise it. Quite straight-forward. If a band take part in these gigs, they know what they are in for. Make the best out of it.

Like i said a million times before. If u cant sell tickets pls dont join my gigs. All the terms and conditions were laid out openly before u were given the tickets. You can only call my events a scam if a) i promised something that i didnt deliever b) i forced u or manipulated you to perform. If not its called a high class event.

Thanks for all the feedback and criticism i will look into solving the problems.

international_fireworks_3_b.jpg

for one it think you could at least bring down the price of the tickets. i mean c'mon. $12 pre-sale and $14 bucks at the door?? that sounds pretty unreasonable man even though you're holding the gig for a whole day.

lol high class event must ask bands to sell the tix? where are ur promoters and marketing side to do that job? to sell the tickets if its such a high class event. Its ok defending the scam issue but calling ur events a high class event? haiiiz... shame shame

lol high class event must ask bands to sell the tix? where are ur promoters and marketing side to do that job? to sell the tickets if its such a high class event. Its ok defending the scam issue but calling ur events a high class event? haiiiz... shame shame

Standard marketing gimmick! :cool:

everyone have their own perspective and opinion on this. if they want to perform for these gig, its up to them. if they think its a scam then dont perform. funny thing is that...from the response, there are alot who agree to wat is being said... but yet.. there are many bands who still perform month after month... hmm.. kinda contradicting isnt it?

well... its up to every individual...

cheers to all!!

:cool:

everyone have their own perspective and opinion on this. if they want to perform for these gig, its up to them. if they think its a scam then dont perform. funny thing is that...from the response, there are alot who agree to wat is being said... but yet.. there are many bands who still perform month after month... hmm.. kinda contradicting isnt it?

well... its up to every individual...

cheers to all!!

:cool:

the ones who replied to this post are the ones who think it's a scam or have had bad experiences with him. hahha

would the organizers dare to scam bands if there weren't any bands in the past who were so desperate to gig? if every band don't gives a shit on you-pay-to-play gigs, there won't be a chance for these organizers to scam people right? Let this be a lesson and if every band in singapore stand united, these organizers will have no chance to take advantage of the bands.... (LOL.. I sound like an advertisement against dengue mosquitoes... :mrgreen:)

hahaha, but to me, not all pay-to-play gigs are scammers. take Lights Out Inc for example. yea, they give you tickets to sell but they'll understand if you won't be able to sell all of them cos the organizers themselves play in bands. and they make an effort to promote the gig like making gig t-shirts(which look awesome btw), posters, stage passes and some others. they make each gig worthwhile for both the bands and the audience as they're not trying to make a quick buck unlike Nic. Nic sits outside the gig venue all day long and plays with his laptop while other gig organizers would rock out to the bands playing.:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back