Tokai Guitars

I think I will change the prices because the 5% tax would be imposed by S'pore, not Japan. The prices on the list include Jpn tax, and it would be inaccurate for discount calculation I guess. So in reality, prices computation would be like:
Web store price-discounts+GST (S'pore)+net freight charges
instead of
Price (inclusive of Jpn tax)-discounts+net freight charges

Mind-boggling, eh? :smt101

When they join SOFT the search.. After a while they stop..
Lol.. High end Epi and Tokai.. Hmmm.. You gotta try them out yourself man!
I assume high end epi is elitist right? :mrgreen:

I know this is a pretty old thread. But I found out that the official dealer for Tokai here in Singapore is this music store next to ntuc in Bukit Timah Plaza. I saw 3 MIJ Love rock models going frm about 1.3-1.8k. I asked the store owner and apparently the MIK ones might be coming in soon... Can't wait to check out those....

I know this is a pretty old thread. But I found out that the official dealer for Tokai here in Singapore is this music store next to ntuc in Bukit Timah Plaza. I saw 3 MIJ Love rock models going frm about 1.3-1.8k. I asked the store owner and apparently the MIK ones might be coming in soon... Can't wait to check out those....

wow. a piece of good news :D

There was a golden era for those guitars. you can check with pgm_lover on this forum. he knows his stuff about vintage Japanese guitars. I've tried the new ones, nothing fancy at all. the vintage ones have their own kind of magic.

Tokai Reborn Old 1980

I was lucky to pick up a 1980 Tokai Reborn Old (only 6mths production)at Ochanomizu
see my adventure here: http://www.merliontales.com/2011/08/japan-music-haven-ochanomizu/

DSCF3036.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

It felt good but sounded too muddy at first... after a good setup.. it totally went crazy.. better than any new gibbys that i've played.

Last edited:
Back