Tokai Guitars

If I'm not wrong, the have the LS80F, the cherry sunburst flame one. and some solid coloured top ones. dunno what model but if you ask the uncle he'll check for you.

ive been ditchin my 3 year plan to save up for a gibby studio and just get a good tokai. At least the name on the headstock doesnt turn me off like the epiphone ones do.

Do you guys think ill be able to get a glossy flame-top for that price? and ive been htinking about what u guys said about the MIJ and MIK, is any model within my price rnage thats MIJ?

I agree with Raley, a Gibby is just different of course thats me la... i could have bought a higher speced Tokai bt i went and bought a plaintop 2nd hand Gibby instead. Some things just do it for some ppl some things just don't. Sorry if you guys think im bias i defintely agree that tone wise they might sound very similar and you pay less for a similarly spec guitar but its the sense of satisfaction. If the guitar inspires you to play be it a samick or PRS thn its the guitar for you.

:D
Thats just my 2 cents worth, feel free to disagree hehe.

I might wait till Dec Sweelee sale before deciding which guitar to buy. Are the Gibbys on sale at that time proper ones or do they just put up the studios etc for sale? A bit off topic but since we all talking about LPs

Raley said:
I might wait till Dec Sweelee sale before deciding which guitar to buy. Are the Gibbys on sale at that time proper ones or do they just put up the studios etc for sale? A bit off topic but since we all talking about LPs

i know this may sound dumb but last year's sweelee's warehouse sale i saw fender strats going for $945 and gibson LPs going for $999. no gimmicks

I saw a Gibson LP special in swee lee yest. the red one. I must say, gibson should stop wasting time building "lesser" les pauls, that thing looked like crap. but it still cost $1000 plus. maybe if they only stuck to proper les pauls, they would save money and then les pauls would be cheaper.

A man can dream...... :lol:

Les Paul Studios or Specials not necessary lesser les pauls, they might not have the flash of the maple top bt it gives them a different sound. I played a Studio that sounded great. Bt its kinda sad that the QC of such an expensive guitar can sometimes be a bif off.

darkballa said:
ive been ditchin my 3 year plan to save up for a gibby studio and just get a good tokai. At least the name on the headstock doesnt turn me off like the epiphone ones do.

Do you guys think ill be able to get a glossy flame-top for that price? and ive been htinking about what u guys said about the MIJ and MIK, is any model within my price rnage thats MIJ?

can anyone answer my question please?

izzit? i rather find the gibson faded red is pretty decent. and the model beside it, the natural finish look really great.

Hey darkballa i'm in the same situation with ya! Hahaha...

Have the money, but just don't know what's available. From the reviews, we only know of 2 of the Tokais.. the MIK and the LS120 MIJ one.

Someone mentioned it costs only $1100? Wasn't it listed $1400 in the reviews?

Actually the Japan one in the review is a LS75Q

The Japan models range from 900 plus to 2.5K if you order from ishibashi.

The $1400 is the list price for the japan ones at Davis but they only have the cheaper japan ones

Raley said:
Actually the Japan one in the review is a LS75Q

The Japan models range from 900 plus to 2.5K if you order from ishibashi.

The $1400 is the list price for the japan ones at Davis but they only have the cheaper japan ones

What kind of Tokai can i get for 1000-1200 if i order from ishibiashi?
and what MIJ models does davies carry?

darkballa said:
darkballa said:

can anyone answer my question please?

The mij tokais like the LS80F have an amazing glossy flame veneer like the one in Davis. The diff bet epi is that under the veneer on the tokai is a solid maple cap. unlike epi which just uses the maple veneer on top of the body so the tone is not as bright as a maple cap

Raley said:
Davis carrys the LS80F if I'm not wrong. But only the stock they have left. The old guy told me you can order what model you want through them but I think ordering straight from japan would be a couple hundred cheaper.

If that's the case, doesn't that mean that Davis is not an authorized dealer, but a mere reseller? I get the impression that most ppl here think that Davis is an authorized dealer, but I need official confirmation. Just because they shipped in a few Tokai Love Rocks doesn't mean they are.

Have to agree with ya Jumbo. :)

Well, why not order in bulk from ishibashi for those (including me) who's interested in buying things from there? Inidividually, we're just not sure of overseas transactions.. or is it just me? Haha..

Ishibashi carries Tokai Gibby copies, but does not carry the Talbo, Sound Stream series. And their Fender Jpn range is not as good as Ikebe. Ishibashi doesn't have Greco or Greco-Zemaitis.

Ikebe has a better range of Fender Jpn, some of their Ibanez guitars have interesting mods. Ikebe doesn't carry the Tokai Gibby copies, but they have the Talbo series. Not too sure about the Sound Stream series.

Rakuten, the biggest Japanese online shopping portal, has got Greco LP and Iceman copies. Ikebe doesn't, it only has the Greco-Zemaitis. But Ikebe has this brand Fujigen, which has Strats and LP copies. Go research on Fujigen-Gakki, you would be astonished! :wink:

Why cant davis bring more Tokais in ... especially since the reviews are so good and so many ppl wanna get them.

and always only left the black ones ...
arghh ~!

Back