The Aftermath of Bras Basah Swee Lee Year End Sale!

this matter will get over soon... but but ppl doing that sort of thing will be remembered by the way behave.... more ever it is one of the 1st few times ppl met each other....

thier reputation is definately affected, coz of their tryantic behaviour...

All i can say is, for ppl who'd got their stuffs...most of them are more than happy to let any issues go now. For ppl who'd queued and missed it through queue cutters, there's no way to let it go.

As for the queue cutters who'd got what they wanted through this mean, they sure want to be off the hook and call it a day. At the expense of others' hard work and disadvantage of course.

There's no way that the queue cutters are being "flamed" in this case, pls take it like a man. Dare to do it? Then accept the fact that ppl are publicising your dirty deeds.

Anyway happy new year to all the softies who got their stuffs from the sale.

I was in the Q too~ Yes i was the 1 with my brother, think was the 4th gp in the Q. Realli PISSED with tat fatass king kong face white singlet guy. I remembered tat when he came, tried to make friends and join the Q. He even went up to the 2nd Gp in the Q and tried to cut in by making friends! Wat the hell man~ He was told off and asked to move to the back...

THe Worst part was when everyone was standing in the last few moments, he was like pushing everyone. And telling ppl off for cutting the Q. Don't you know wat shame is man??? Saying out loud tat you gonna block them off? Think it would have help more if you just keep your trap shut and get in line! And all tat bitching from tat hole in your face? Looks to me tat the dog's bark is worst den his bite. Maybi you should realli think about the way you behave and how this might show your family up binging~

neuro182 said:
I got a SZ320BK . . . The sustain is cool . . .

Man, what's wrong with ur JEM555? Something wrong with the setup? or electronics?

i think its sth wrong with e wiring at e jack... e amp makes buzzing noises n weird sound when u touch e strings. all e pickups don work 2.

wonder if Swee Lee wld consider imposing a cap of max. pedals/cymbals one can get if they ever have another 50% sale...

Thought it was a joke when i was looking thru the pedal display and the counter staff was taking out the pedals shouting "whoa! no more no more! you want, go ebay buy!". Apparently an ebay seller bought 75 pedals off the shelves. Altho I didn't get the pedals I wanted, i thought it was quite a funny sight.

jeremyrozario said:
i'd rather come into sweelee some other day and pay the extra $12, and take my time to shop

I agree with small item $500 and below, it's not worth to queue for the whole night.

But dude, take your math on a Gibson Byrdland.
List: $13,150
Normal Price: $10,520
Sale Price: $6,575

Price difference: $3,945. That's enough $$ to enjoy nice holiday in Australia for few days with your love one

Ha nice comparison!

On a more serious note...

Cutting queue is wrong, but don't let it affect the nice environment here at SOFT ok guys? It's not nice to start pointing fingers at people just like that, and don't carry any bad things into the new year folks. What neuro did that day would cause an everlasting debate on what's right and what should be done right. And let's just stop pointing fingers at him alright? Throughout the entire day people have been cutting queue, and i'm not too happy about that. There are many unnamed culprits out there who have pissed many of us off, so try not to create hostility here by naming names. I'm not siding anyone, cos I understand the feeling of people jumping queue in front of you. One more person in front means there's a higher probability that your gear would be taken by him. Just let 2005 end on a high for SOFT and all the SOFTies here.

Cheer up everyone, and next time.. SOFTies should bind up and speak up against people who cut queue. And as SOFTies, perhaps the least we could do is to take the initiative to first behave appropriately when queues are concerned. It should be SOFTies dealing with people who cut queues, and not SOFTies dealing with SOFTies.

hey guys i'm a lucky man!

me and my frens decided just to pop by sweelee just to see if they replenished, AND THEY DID! there were new stuff like the wahs and some mxr pedals. and i got the LAST GREEN TS7!!! WHOOH I FEEL SOOOOO LUCKY!!! heheh $50 oh man that's a cheap deal! the crunch is just awesome!

Cutting q is wrong, I agree with that.

I've made friends with the singlet guy, and I agree that he shouldn't have cut the q.

What's done is already done.

Always have a backup plan on your gears.

I rather get my 2nd/3rd preference of my gear then smell cig-smoke and have a couple years reduced off my life. That is my honest opinion.

Vaiyen said:
I don't understand why people are defending q-cutters.
Just because it's common doesn't mean it's right.

Does character count for nothing?

Because those people are the ones who cut like nobody biz... And that has really deteriorate their reputation, at least if I see any of them posting like some nobels in the forum, that incident would kindly remind us of their "nobelty".

Sigh...

darkrhino said:
I was in the Q too~ Yes i was the 1 with my brother, think was the 4th gp in the Q. Realli PISSED with tat fatass king kong face white singlet guy. ... ...

Ur brother is finrod?

That white singlet guy... gosh... he's really a shame...

xspace said:
That white singlet guy... gosh... he's really a shame...

that guy's got some serious issues. he whispered to me that he "has a very dangerous plan..once the guys in the front of the queue fall asleep he was going to sneak in and cut the queue..but very dangerous..."
i was like uhm right you go do that...

after that he told me to rush in with him when the doors opened and point at the best guitar available and he would go for it...
uhm ok.

talk about comic relief.

Latest posts

Back