The Aftermath of Bras Basah Swee Lee Year End Sale!

eh marksman, did you buy that squier bass with that skull imprinted on it?

yes its true. In fact its illegal to smoke in lots of public places even the bus stop because there is technically a queue.But u can walk and smoke though.

Timex: Probably.

xiaoviper: yes.

Chester277: Nono, I bought a Squier Standard Guitar with a brown-to-golden tone of color.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*breathes*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i wanted 2 buy that!!! hope you haf fun wit it :D

Marksman said:
What I really meant was, "You smoke, okay, but people are breathing in the smoke against their will too".

yeah man...i was there queueing...already damn packed liao...den somemore got this guy behind me..dunno come from where one..cos i nv seen him in the queue in the morning...den he jus smoke in the queue...den and the smoke jus flew infront...damn man...

Timex said:
Did u know that its illegal to smoke in a public queue? I saw a man kenna fine by environment officer before

yes, in a DESIGNATED non smoking area. doesnt matter if its a queue or not, and most definately not in the case of an informal queue. do get your facts right.

5. —(1) The manager of every specified place and the operator of every specified vehicle shall —

(a) cause to be displayed suitable and sufficient number of notices of an adequate size or sizes in conspicuous positions in the specified place or specified vehicle, as the case may be, stating to the effect that smoking is prohibited by law; and

no sign displayed at BB.
smoking at bus stops is prohibited because its a designated non smoking area,not because there is a "queue".

By designated you mean?

From the ministry of environment

List of Specified Premises

22. Any queue of two or more persons in a public place

The above is what i meant. Its a few lines below where u found yours i think.

you have a point, but the govt. statute SMOKING (PROHIBITION IN CERTAIN PLACES) ACT (CHAPTER 310) doesnt reflect it,hence the confusion.
i'm no law student so i'm not going to comment on which should take precedence..

anyway whatever la..we're splitting hairs on an off topic subject here..its all good.

Ichiro said:
guys at the back (behind that grp of ppl) i salute you for the waiting and i really feel the unfairness for u guys, next time round you guys juz come earlier.... :)

Wrong advice, dude.

Next time, anyone cut your queue after you queue for hours, break his nose first, then talk in forum like this. :twisted:

"you have a point, but the govt. statute SMOKING (PROHIBITION IN CERTAIN PLACES) ACT (CHAPTER 310) doesnt reflect it,hence the confusion"

Yeah its confusing especially when i found it in

ii. Smoking (Prohibition In Certain Places) Notification – a subsidiary legislation which carries a list of places where smoking is prohibited

Back to the topic of breaking noses :)

popeye said:
Next time, anyone cut your queue after you queue for hours, break his nose first, then talk in forum like this. :twisted:

when i was in the que i nearly exploded and punch that guy face, i don't mind i didn't get the guitar, i rather do something for the ppl behind and whats right for me....

I was quite pissed of too...At abt 9am when everyone stands up and move infront, those who juz came squeezed in the middle and some even gt the nerves to move wayyy infront...I ton there at 11.30pm...well at least i gt what i wanted :lol: Oh yea...i was the guy with the cap and green army jacket with my cousin...

whitebrokenriff said:
somebody said:
hifi_killer Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think they should prolly implement a "take a number" system for the next time.

i'd second that. =)

no la cannot what happens if they take number then go home sleep and go in the morning?

the take a number system is suppose to let you go home.. not waste time camping.

Then the next day it'll go like this now serving : 1 to 20 , whoever shows the 1 to 20 number card gets in.. If you miss your number, then u'll have to a new one.

but knowing how kiasu singaporeans are , they might just camp overnight just to get their numbers. haha

Those with friends, instead of letting your friend join you or cut the queue, you could just go in there and help your friend buy what he wants.. to avoid all the tension

cherns said:
But the most frustrating part was when the queue in front of us magically grew to about twice it's size thanks to ppl like
queuecutters0cd.jpg

Some guy in front of us confronted them and they had the nerve to tell us that they were there the night before when I distinctly remember them strolling in at about 0800h. If you're joining friends in front when you came late, just say so lah. Don't try to pretend you were there all the while.
Hope things will be better next year!

Wow! Arnt' one of those guys from Music Clef????? Thought they were part of Swee Lee's Dealers?? Why are they snatching the gears too?? this is comical!! :p
Sorry if i sounded rude.. jus to share my 2 cents... No offence to anyone.
Peace!

Back