Strat VS Tele

ljahalive

Hi.

I have been wondering which 1 of the above i like. I like a Tele, but not sure if it suits the genre of songs i play.

I play rock, blues, country and some Hendrix stuffs.

Please help me.
Thanks

Well, for me, i think both is similar. just see if its humbucker or single coil. but that is just me. idk wad about other people think

Get a guitar that inspires you to make music.

"genre" can be transcended by the musician, not the instrument.

I've seen a hard rock / metal player play a tele before... no issues...

If you really crave the versatility, go for strat... I'd go for a tele for its bite ^.^

I've seen a hard rock / metal player play a tele before... no issues...

If you really crave the versatility, go for strat... I'd go for a tele for its bite ^.^

Yeah, but that's only the shape of the Tele. Some use EMGs and mahogany Teles. So it's so not Tele. LOL.

One more thing to add, if u like the Tele, get hotter pickups for it. It will work well for the genres ur playing and sound great with cleans and dirty :)

Yeah, but that's only the shape of the Tele. Some use EMGs and mahogany Teles. So it's so not Tele. LOL.

its still a tele. just that its not one thats the usual/traditionally perceived.

just like ppl who claim that a strat is only a strat when it has 3 vintage single coils....

I have both, but i think the pickups type more important. Anyone of them with a mixture of humbucker and single coil will be good.

i have a tele and a strat.
in comparison, they both have their pro's and con's
both can equally deliver to the type of music TS has described.

IMO, both the tele and the strat are versatile guitars but they still sound like different animals. This will range between the make of the guitar. wood, pups, amps etc...

Probably one of the biggest difference you would find on a regular basis will be the lack of a whammy bar on most tele's. But do bear in mind that the string through body does have it's advantages in enhancing resonance as well.

The best option is to try them out and make the comparison and let your own ears be the judge. Everyone will have their own personal bias or un-bias review on it.
If you cant decide, Save enough and get both.
hehehe
:D

Last edited:
As what junkiemanxl says, the best advice we can give is for you to go and try them, if you're unsure you could get someone that has more experience

Ok. Thanks for all your help. Now i want a Vintage Maple Neck Sunburst Stratocaster. Have any to recommend, and where sells.

Not sure if it will blow my budget, but my budget is less than 2k, but just list any that you think is good.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks for all your help. Now i want a vintage Maple Neck Sunburst Stratocaster. Have any to recommend? And where sells.

Not sure if it will blow my budget, but my budget is less than 2k.

Thanks

Check the buy/sell area. There are lots of strats being sold. for 2k, you might be able to bag a jap tele and strat.
:)

u will be glad to know that both the strat and tele can be used for rock, blues and country.

but hendrix uses a strat lah we cannot get around that.

Hi.

I have been wondering which 1 of the above i like. I like a Tele, but not sure if it suits the genre of songs i play.

I play rock, blues, country and some Hendrix stuffs.

Please help me.
Thanks

Comparing a Telecaster with a Stratocaster is like comparing Bak Chor Mee with Char Kway Teow,
it all comes down to personal preferences

Ok. Thanks for all your help. Now i want a Vintage Maple Neck Sunburst Stratocaster. Have any to recommend, and where sells.

Not sure if it will blow my budget, but my budget is less than 2k, but just list any that you think is good.

Thanks

find brendon from bgwguitars, he can probably get u that for below 2k :D

Latest posts

Back