Stickers on your Guitars? (or any other instrument)

Do you paste stickers on your guitars?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
if you don't intend to sell it again and don't mind the criticism i say go 4 it man.
your guitar is all about you.
screw what people say about you and your guitar.
if you have a gibson lp and you wanna stick a gay hippo sticker on it then right on! whatever you want. in my opinion, if you can carry it off, you can wear anything with style... applies to stickers on your guitar too.

personally id recommend painting it yourself cause tt's what i'd do... but i'm a whore with visual artistry and style so that's just my opinion.
if you don't think you're good enough then get a friend to do it for you or something. that'd be kickass.

+1 to glentiaw

imho, stickers on ur guitar expresses something about you as a person. just the same way as music does, only difference is the communication medium. in any case, i think sometimes, stickers can "enhance" the look of a guitar, moreover, its your guitar anyhow, if u like it that way, do it.

mentioned earlier, abt the musician respecting his instrument etc, i agree, but if respect = dun knock holes in it, don't do anything to personalise it, then respect is kinda boring isnt it? after all, music is about expression, the look of a guitar is about expression too. in my opinion, u can stick those stickers if u feel comfortable with em, u just don't go and intentionally bash the guitar upside down.

hmmm, dun make the guitar ur possession... the look is not important...the thing u shud worry abt is where to place ur guitar, place it some where that u can pick up with ease, den when u look at it, u just pick it up and practise... this is one way to counter the hectic life in singapore...
no matter wad guitar u used or play... its still the wan who plays is the role...
to me, a guitar is a guitar, but the musician is the unique role.
b4 i realise this, i like to go ard guitar shops and look at cool guitars, (those $1000 plus haha), den when i look at other guitar players, especially my teacher, war tar... how come its so musical no matter wad guitar is played!, den i finally realised that every guitar has its own life, even if its a 70 bucks guitar... a good musician knows how to bring out the life of a guitar... in this tanjong katong complex, sinwin shop... there is one of the such guitarist i have encountered... but to bad i never ask for his name... next time got time drop by must go and ask...!!! haha

yup... im stuck for 2 weeks liao!!! shit...

well.
my classical guitar:
the pick holder came off leaving that "aftermath of pasting something-like-doublesided-but-not-because-there's-sponge" thing around there. I thought it was horrendous.
so I used masking tape(that kind made of so-called paper.), wrote my name and pasted over that mark.

Fruitwine said:
u just don't go and intentionally bash the guitar upside down.
I know you aiming me right... but I never... yet! :lol:
Well, I would say go ahead if you want to do, after all if every single guitar looked ordinary with same old finishes, it would be boring right?

glentiaw said:
personally id recommend painting it yourself cause

I would like to paint, but that would take aawy from the primary color of the guitar

kennchu said:
hmmm, dun make the guitar ur possession... hmmm, dun make the guitar ur possession... the look is not important...the thing u shud worry abt is where to place ur guitar, place it some where that u can pick up with ease, den when u look at it, u just pick it up and practise... this is one way to counter the hectic life in singapore...

Its more of an aesthetic thing. If it looks good, it feels good. Of course, musicianship is priority, but then decorating a guitar is just that: decoration.

Picture1.png

Yeah Stickers rule!

legin said:
if u want the value to drop,if u want ur guitar to look like some cheap tgm and if u don't respect ur guitar then by all means paste it all over.

we're not like some big artist where they can stick and not feel heartpain bout it cause their just plain rich.treasure wat u have.don't go ruining it cause its "cool".

true true ... I AGREE WITH YOU ..

honestly i find sticking stickers shows how much you care for your instrument. I'd never stick stickers on my bass because it hurts me too much to do so. If you want to paste go ahead, it's your guitar and i don't care what you do with it.

But as musicians we'd always like to give you advice or suggestions in which you can choose to follow or not.

Most of the time people can't pull of the sticker look. Either the sticker looks disgusting or it's just disgusting. You know what i mean? SO if you really wanna stick, make sure it looks nice . =P

Yeah, hardware swapping is always the alternative to give your guitar a custom look.

Latest posts

Back