Stayers & Quitters

I am a stayer because there are just too many nice things around that I love.

Being able to walk to buy my lunch/dinner. While I am there, there is a supermarket and clinic just in case I need something more than food.

I can jump on any bus and chances of me reaching my destination within 1 hour is very high.

I go home to a house which I own and do not fear crime or natural disasters.

For those who feel that the government is not good enough for you, do something. Join some social group or community group to help those you feel needed help. Or better still, start a group to serve your cause.

i think we are focusing too much on the role of the government. to migrate because of the government is pathetic (unless u are devan nair). it is your life, don't let the government decide whether to stay or to leave, and even though we have a funky government, don't use it as a cheap excuse for leaving.

i still believe that the number 1 reason why people stay or leave is due to their integration with society. all the things that you value and love about this country are not the reasons why people in this country stay, they are only the reasons why YOU stay. we cannot take for granted and assume that these things exist for everyone else.

people have their reasons for staying. and people have their reasons for leaving. but there are different reasons for different people. each individual will have a unique response to his own, unique circumstance

Back