Singapore Idols 2006 Season 2

i didnt really watched, busy watching rockstar supernova, but i thought emily was decent !! the just like a pill was okay. but i thought rahimah's avril rendition was OMG BADD!! and wassup with that tee -combi ? it was terrible lahh. But i thought joakim should be out, not gayle !

But according to the fanbase inregardless of the vocals, i was rather shocked that gayle and paul's in bottom 3!!

his actually any normal teenager in a band and likes emo core, just that he stood up and went for singapore idol..

but yeah, worries ppl like him cos of the hair..!! his chracter is damn funky thoughh!

Hmm, I thought this year's finalists were slightly better than last year. In any case, it's not in absolute but relative terms, and these teenagers still have a long, long way to go before they're worth a recording contract.

IMO, the judges are wasting their time and breath on the talentime. I suppose it's the money that keeps that going.

The chinese Superband is even worse, IMO. The judges lavish praise on every band even though everybody's singing is wayyy out of pitch.

hes got bad voice? thats for sure...when i saw him at 1st...i thought he was gonna be energetic and shit....but in the end...total disappointment....his vocal no power at all...BAAAD( i was talking about paul two hill)..basically everyone sucked in the singapore idol except for Hady...that fella is good...and maybe mathilda but she picked the wrong song yesterday...haiyo...

Ya. I mean, Gayle... Joakim, Emilee then Paul should be out..
Then Gayle or Nurul...

Whatever. Joakim screwed up Geek In Pink and I'm not forgiving him for that...
Naaah. But seriously, he should be out before Gayle.

I think its because not alot of people like Gayle(because of her looks probably from what alot of people are saying).

^^^ i dun reli judge her by her looks. wen i heard her at the auditions i was nice... she got the attitude in her voice. for a gal tats differrent.

people i want to see in the top thre: Jon,Mathilda,Hady

which might never happen cause pretty boy's still in

Didn't anyone else realise that most of the singers sang at least one or two semi-tones lower than what they should have!!!!!!

That is why most of them sounded FLAT!

It's amazing that none of the judgest dared to question the choice of key. The blame should be placed on the music folks - sad to say. But they should have realised what the issues were during rehearsal.

I am hopeful that something can be done about it because it seems like this is going to be the way things are going to go for the rest of the competition.

Maybe the singers requested it? As in the lower keytones. Like the higher parts, they won't be able to reach or something? haha.

I think this year's one is definitely worse than the previous one. The previous one, they had talented and charming people. Not total weirdos. this year's contestants are weird in their own ways. I don't know. I get weird vibes from them all.

I thought Jay, Mathilda and Hady's voices are okay. :) And I thought Gayle was pretty good too. But i guess shit happens in silly competitions like this when winning depends on the number of votes you receive. I wonder when the real talent shows will be back. These days, everything depends on votes, it gets quite sickening.

It's like popularity is placed above talent. Like tv shows would now be full of pretty women and handsome guys but the acting and singing suck. That sort of thing. It's a sad sad situation.

the judges have no say at all .. they just there to ''judge'' em' in a way, so to garner the right votes for the right ppl, but nah thats not happening.. i loved gayle ! okay, that may be biased , but she can sing, just wrong song choice and vocal trng, she'll be up there :) .

Seriously, no offence, the 'monkey' should really be out lah, he's not performing at all, just jumping around with the pretty face , well just in my opinion.

Agree, pau didnt aced my sacrifice, maybe for some fame got into their heads. i still think hady has that sweet tone to his voice, i prefer jon on his own band rocking it out .

I say, Jonathan, Mathilda, Hady, Gayle and Rahima(she's the next best candidate) should be in top 5.

Gayle got the looks and talent too but yet she got out...
and we all know she's not the weakest there.

PSSSH//

Jay was one of those that hit his early notes but screwed up badly on his high notes. He was one of 2-3 who were singing at elats high enough - but for him, it was obvious that it wasn't LOW enough.

Only Rahima sang in a key that was good for her. Hady? This guy can't sing for peanuts! Too many marbles in his mouth. Jay is ten times a better singer adn Jonathan is OK but he's got to stick to hiss 'groove'. Otherwise he looks like a lost lamb.

Nurl cannot sing even if her live depended on it. That nice looking chick with the dolly parton hair looks good but she's not hitting the keys. Paul is possibly the ugliest guy on TV at this point in time. This gut probably got bullied BIG TIME in school and is trying hard to make up for it. He's a LOSER and has too little talent to have made it this far. Poor soul! Let's hope for a better week, in the coming.

all around speaking, the best entertainers are paul, jonathan and rahimah (with my favourite being jonathan because of personal preference, but I admit that paul has more marketability and appeal). They should and would probably be the final 3 unless people like jasmine have many many vjc people voting for her, etc

Back