Scariest licks.

Vaiyen

y'know, those freaky licks that upon hearing, make you do a double take, and make you press the rewind button, all while picking up your jaw from the ground.

Shoot!

The solo to Steve Vai's Juice on his Alien Love Secrets album. The tapping is out of the world and the phrasing is so... special! Plus the way he adds in quirks here and there, its just magical.

Tornado of Souls solo by Marty Friedman on Megadeth's Rust in Peace album... one of the most beautiful heavy metal solos I have ever heard.. shred, feel, excellent phrasing and not to forget, the amazing vibrato!

Print This! on Mattias Elundkh's The Road Less Travelled album.. for making the guitar sound like a printer and actually composing a superbly catchy tune with that!

okok, for me, it's the outro lick of Racer X's Superheroes. It's It's got a spacey and hypnotic feel and doesn't sound like anything I've heard before. check it out!

ShredCow said:
Tornado of Souls solo by Marty Friedman on Megadeth's Rust in Peace album... one of the most beautiful heavy metal solos I have ever heard.. shred, feel, excellent phrasing and not to forget, the amazing vibrato!

man, I could listen to that solo for hours on end.

The solo in nothing else matters :oops:
Also the solo in Blood Brothers by Maiden...
Also the pickup in "In Memoradium" by Hammerfall

heheh, scarified, I knew that was coming.
and Warlord, good choice! I've always loved the nothing else matter solo.

not a lick, but i've always loved the solo on Guns 'n Roses - The Garden.

that's my kind of metal solo. :twisted:

wat abt michael romeo on "Sea of Lies"?
Michael Angelo Batio "Speed kills"?
Alexi Laiho "Silent Night, Bodom Night"
Herman Li/Sam Totman "My spirit will go on" and "Fury of the storm"
Chris Poland/Alex Skolnick feat with Lamb of God "Ashes of the Wake"
Michael Weikath/Kai Hansen-"Keeper Of The Seven Keys "
Is it scary enuff? or am i out of context?

wow! i see helloween there!

buckethead "robot transmission"
sound like bass slapping and popping, but on guitar.

charlie hunter "come as u are"
jazz cover of nirvana. charlie hunter plays an 8string guitar: 3 bass strings, 5 guitar strings. he plays the bass and guitar together at the same time.

zakk wylde/dweezil zappa "staying alive"
ozzy covers the bee gees featuring dweezil zappa too! insane!

Back