Scariest licks.

YJM, Paul Gilbert's Racer X stuff, Buckethead's Giant Robot and Bucketheadland, not forgetting his work in Deli Creeps, Praxis and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of bernie Brains. Marty Friedman in Megadeth and Cacophony, Batio's No Boundaries(it's not called speed kills guys, that's his dvd which i have), Petrucci's Liquid tension and DT stuff, Early Wings, Sabbath's Paranoid...

Damn i can go on forever. Rock habis!

Scarified is still scaring me. Although hunting down 60%, it is still very scary. And 1 part of Angelo's No Boundaries. The scary fast long-legged sweep+tap part where he goes abt 3 to 4 rounds.

have a listen to TOOMANYNOTES Steve Morse Band High Tension Wires album ... 8O

i will give my vote to:

Joe Satriani - surfing with the alien, summer song
Van halen - eruption
Martin Taylor - (solo, the album)

he's a guitar techniques mag contributor and ex guitarist of the year..speaking of which do guitar techniques readers know that eric roche passed away? guess this is old news..very sad..what a great acoustic guitar player..

The string skipping/tapping lick that Michael Romeo starts the first solo in Of Sins and Shadows with. Amazing stuff

Drewgie said:
The string skipping/tapping lick that Michael Romeo starts the first solo in Of Sins and Shadows with. Amazing stuff

hahaha yesyes!! though i'm a drummer but i love the solos and the riffs in Of Sins and shadows.. i love the keyboard solos too!!

You guys have got many of the popular ones covered (Yngwie, Becker, Gilbert, etc...) so I'll go for a few 'off the wall ones' :)

Whitesnake - Still Of the Night (John Sykes) - amazing 'ascending from the depths of hell' scalar run; Steve Vai does a similar one in For The Love of God on P&W. Scary.

Nocturnus - The Andromeda Strain - the opening main riff (Mike Browning) - awesome double tracked speed picked lick. Terrifying.

Extreme - He Man Woman Hater (Nuno Bettencourt) - spectacular tapped lick - essentially an extended version of a great lick he defined in the Get The Funk Out solo. Shit inducing.

Allan Holdsworth - Devil Take The Hindmost - Mind numbingly frightening solo.

That acoustic version of scarified was disgustingly insane.

Thanks for posting that.

Instead of looking at the scariest licks from other guitarists, we should post some of our own, that would be interesting and beneficial at the same time ;)

ah yes...anyway nuno's back with his band called Dramagods. From the samples i've heard, sounds promising though..... :)

that Wounded Bumblebee track by Nuno is played using delay isn't it?

Fook, I've got the accoustic Scarified on repeat since this afternoon! It's that catchy!

i think only the front and last part right? i'm not pretty sure though.

by the way, i think echoist told me before that when PG was here during his last clinic....he was playing the acoustic Scarified during sound check?

Back