Scariest licks.

Becker's concerto. it's definitely 1 of the best shred songs out there.

YJM's Evil eye. Somehow i just loved the song.

Mr Crowley.......

i like technical thrash...well necrophagist is the band to watch
currently i like the solo in Necrophagist - Fermented Offal Discharge
and the arps break in Necrophagist - Stabwound

what makes it interesting is the fusion of thrash/grind and shred..
at least to my ears...:)

all very scary and incredible guitar pieces :).....some more:

paul gilbert's intro to colorado bulldog

ej's intro to cliff of dover (live version) - coz I have no idea what key he's in, every phrase is a different key?? haaaaa

satch's trademark guitar scream

malmsteen's arpeggio from hell

Petrucci's version of Bumblebee

a technically simple solo compared to vai and shred stuff..... just based on the basic scale.... but it just gets mi....

lynyrd skynyrd - free bird

GuitarNoob said:
Where can I get this Mattias Eklundh stuff, cant seem to find his cd anywhere

There is no distributors in S'pore, you can download a few Mattias IA Eklundh mp3s from Steve Vai's Favored Nations. http://www.favorednations.com/artists/me/me_media.html
Mattias also has a band, it's called Freak Kitchen.

How about this one: Guitars Suck! by Bumblefoot.

Another neo-classical shred masterpiece is Chasing Dragon by German Schauss. If you're a fan of both Yngwie Malmsteen and Paul Gilbert, you are gonna love this guy (although I have to admit I haven't listened to Paul Gilbert yet) :wink:

Bumblefoot is good stuff man... simply AMAZING. His take on Chopin's Fantasie is one of the most jaw dropping tapped guitar pieces EVER.

There's this song he did too... I can't play the Blues or something... hilarious lyrics and SUPERB shredding ... throw in a cool blues solo at the end. PERFECT.

Yup it's I Can't Play the Blues. He uses a thimble to get notes beyond the frets. Mattias uses a hose clip to do that, though... They are good friends as well. Have you listened to Guitars Suck yet?

Oh yes, on IA's Print This!, he uses a toy phone and a tv remote to get those weird sounds. He used a vibrator a long time ago, discarded it after it became boring.

The best guitarists in the world are often gifted in intelligence as well. The late Shawn Lane, Bumblefoot aka Ron Thal, Mattias, Vai... They are all truly gifted players...

I agree about the intelligence bit. I've always thought they could easily qualify for Mensa. Seems like there is a direct correlation between the creativity of the music and the person's cranium power.

Yeap... I listened to guitars suck... but right now, I can't rem it much! Haha... listened to it like a few yrs back, before I took up the electric!

But yeah... these are ppl that truely push the boundaries of the guitar... never satisfied with whats there. Truely gifted and often overlooked, or dismissed as just "weird". Sad.

hey penguin u also like Necrophagist.....cool
but they are not thrash metal to a certain extent.....i read metal edge magazine 2 months back and they describe Necrophagist as hybrid of tech/death metal riff with neo-classical solo(Muhammed Suiçmez)....and i kind agreed with it.....anw they are too by far for me brutal metal band i seen but not as brutal as cannibal corpse.... :twisted: :wink:

hmm Wan thanks for correcting me..
i just like their approach to the fast riffs and neo classical solo/sweep..
too cool to be true..

Yeah man, Necrophagist is the shit.. Killer guitar work.. Scariest lick i've ever heard is the arp break from Stabwound.. the bass! 8O

Back